Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,696 spicy boy
    Imagine still playing CoD in 2020
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,700 jayfacer
    Not the point. Any decent sized game is gonna be around that big as well.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,585 spicy boy
    Idk about that. Warzone is significantly larger than any game i have. Red dead was only 100 gigs. 

Watch dogs legion just released, and the pc download is like 45 gigs. Thats with all the ray tracing and everything. We will see a lot of 100 gig games by the end of the life cycle but i doubt we will see every game be 200+
    Ive never had a game that big, and I play on PC. 30gb-ish is standard for a big game like that
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    My Xbox Series X shipped from the Microsoft store the other day. I was hoping it would get here early but I noticed on the tracking it says to not be delivered till Tuesday per MS.

My PS5 is showing to be delivered on Thursday from Amazon.
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
    XSX is showing faster load times on pretty much every game compared to PS5. 

Thats surprising. I thought load times would be the one advantage sony had. 

Other than the controller idk why anyone would choose ps5 over a XSX. 

Im going to get both for exclusives, but ill probably hold off on the digital ps5 for a bit. 
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited November 2020
    I haven’t even bought a game for the XSX yet. I can’t believe they fucked up Halo for the launch.

I know on PS5 I’ll be playing the new Spiderman from the start.
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,660 master of ceremonies
    XSX is showing faster load times on pretty much every game compared to PS5. 

Thats surprising. I thought load times would be the one advantage sony had. 

Other than the controller idk why anyone would choose ps5 over a XSX. 

Im going to get both for exclusives, but ill probably hold off on the digital ps5 for a bit. 
    Momma said Xbox got all them load time but no games 
    You can say that, but gamepass is an exponentially better deal than anything sony offers. im not trying to incite a console war discussion though. I am a fan of both. But its not atypical for a system to be lacking new games at its launch. 

Quite frankly both consoles are lacking in games designed for their systems, and we wont see those types of games for a long time. 

Its great that Sony has a new spider-man game at launch though. im sure that game is awesome.  I just don't think its much of an argument anymore which console is more powerful. 

But i think other than the fear of missing out, you really aren't missing much if you decide to wait 6 months or a year before picking up either console. 

Target doing buy 2 get 1 free starting the 8th and it runs until the 14th. Includes PS5/XSX games minus first party PS5 games. Was originally gonna start wit Miles Morales and Sackboy but I might fuck around and cop Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, Call Of Duty Black Ops Cold War, and Watch Dogs Legion for the sale, and then jus worry about the other 2 later. Cause that rounds out the 5 launch games I wanted.
    edited November 2020
    Yo erik
    Got the perfect relic in run it  bayou n no dillo dallying 
    First one was kinda annoying but the other one ended up kinda easy
    Time trial for dillo dallying was hard tho

Yo my bad I completely missed this somehow.

Wtf HOW? You officially better at games than me lmao.

How the fuck did you do the surfboard part at the end without cheesing it and going backwards? That’s like the only way to do it. Unless you did cheese it. But even then the timing as far as when you flip the board needs to be IMPECCABLE if you want to both avoid the Nitro crate AND not miss that first box down the stream. It’s doable but that part’s so far in the level that I absolutely refuse to keep redoing the entire level over and over again jus to get to that part and have one shot at it smh.

I did end up getting the perfect relic on the first level for the trophy lmao. Got it first try cause of muscle memory. Now have all the trophies except for the perfect relics and platinum time trials. Also missing the trophy for all N.Verted gems. That one’s very doable, as it’s essentially jus beating the game over again, but being that I won’t be getting the platinum trophy anyways, I’m good where I’m at trophy wise lmao. Ended at 74% of the trophies.
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Lol, yeah I did the backwards cheese
    I'm on Bears Repeating n this one is hard for the perfect relic. 
    I keep missing a box or 2 during the bear section
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I was going to try and get a ps5 next week but what’s the best game for it? 
    Sackboy 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    I was going to try and get a ps5 next week but what’s the best game for it? 
    None
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    He lying, it's Bugsnax 
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
    really? 
    I'm just kidding, I'm not really sure. 
    Started Hollow Knight since it was on PS Plus this month 
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Just get a Series X and game pass