Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,597 spicy boy
    Cant take those back. Ask my buddy who sent one to 50 people in a mass text one time lmao
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,720 jayfacer
    Jus grabbed TLOU2. Got it installing now. Fucking hype.
     Feels so good to have this game. 
    edited June 2020
    Rough going from riding horses in Red dead to lou lol
    Rough going from riding horses in Red dead to lou lol
    That’s how it felt going from RDR2 straight into AC Odyssey. AC’s horse mechanics are definitely good, but they’re way more “gamey” and don’t adhere so strictly to real life physics like RDR2, and obviously RDR2 is overly realistic and “heavy”, so it was definitely an adjustment.
    Playing lights out wit the Arctis Pro hoping this shit stresses me out lmao. I know TLOU ain’t an actual horror game but they definitely have their fair share of jump scares so should still achieve the right affect lmao.
    My only issue so far is graphics. They’re not BAD, they look great. But my issue is the fact that this only looks about as good as the first. I would have to see a side by side and I’m SURE this is a lot better (Compared to the first) than I’m prolly giving it credit for, but still. The thing about both games is that they both dropped at the very end of their respective console’s lifespan. So when the first came out, it was, to this day, prolly the most graphically impressive game of the entire PS3 generation. Wit this one, I can immediately name quite a few games that are graphically better. Guess I was jus expecting the graphical department to blow me away harder when it’s a developer that’s notorious for being ahead of the loop.

Also, the constant film grain is annoying and I don’t like the way that it can’t be turned off.
    They did design the game with the original ps4 in mind, which is probably why. The character models are really good i though. I think there is a lot of detail, and while it might not look like the best game of this generation, it looks great. 

I had to put the game down last night. Kicked me straight in the feels from the get go. 
    I dont even notice film grain. Maybe its your tv? 

The voice acting is top notch also 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,709 spicy boy
    I give it til 8 months and there will be a PS5 "remastered" edition 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    And you'll all buy it cuz LaSt Of Us Is ThE gRaYtEsT gAyMe EvUrR 

Naw it’s this game specifically. Nothing else does it.
    Goddamn chapter 6 had me heated last night. Still thinking about it. Can’t wait to get back into it today.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Remember back before you started dating/getting laid and you were angry at everyone for saying it wasn't worthless and for being happy with what they were doing?

It's like you started chanelling all dat toxicity into solely video games lmao

Find a hobby that isn't built around meaningless gatekeeping 
    Xeno said:
    Remember back before you started dating/getting laid and you were angry at everyone for saying it wasn't worthless and for being happy with what they were doing?

It's like you started chanelling all dat toxicity into solely video games lmao

Find a hobby that isn't built around meaningless gatekeeping 
    I just fucking hate how people jerk this game off. It annoys me to no end.  
    Dude it's getting absolutely destroyed
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,663 master of ceremonies

You can definitely see that shit lol. Have it on HDR and it pops out big time in dark areas for sure 
    So it's 2020 and games don't have toggle switches for motion blur and film grain? Modern Warfare woulda been borderline unplayable if I couldn't turn the motion blur off

You can definitely see that shit lol. Have it on HDR and it pops out big time in dark areas for sure 
    I turn the hdr off on consoles. I have a pretty good TV but the console HDR isnt true HDR and makes things look worse. The color pops better with it off. Most games have had this issue.