Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    edited March 2011
    I knew you were going to pull the "Harmonix made it" card. Doesn't matter. Guitar Hero still sold more after Harmonix left

• XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Death of guitar hero
    Low sales of all rhythm games that have came out in the past year
    Because of an oversaturated market. The amount of people buying rhythm games is the same, it's just much more spread out with all the games that have popped up these past few years.
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    I knew you were going to pull the "Harmonix made it" card. Doesn't matter. Guitar Hero still sold more after Harmonix left
    Only because of a name.

{Upload|3881}

For you Ed.
    edited March 2011
    Guitar Hero 1 and 2 sucked pretty bad.
    No
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    Death of guitar hero
    Low sales of all rhythm games that have came out in the past year
    Because of an oversaturated market. The amount of people buying rhythm games is the same, it's just much more spread out with all the games that have popped up these past few years.
    Not only that, it's because kids are done with it. The phase is old...kinda how the generation of pokemon players and lovers from the 90's besically quit it 2002 when all these new pokemon showed up. It's going to drop in sales because people would rather have games like CoD, ect. And to top it off, the rhythm games get old and boring after a while. And I'm just waiting for RB to follow GH...doesn't matter what the dlc of RB is
    imageimage
    No
    Yes...they were fucking horrible
    imageimage
    No
    They were the best 2 guitar hero games.
    No
    They were the best 2 guitar hero games.
    They were the best because they were new to everyone and people were all like "omg! Gh!". The first one's songs sound like shit and the second one has nothing I cared about on it. The games I played the most was world tour and 3. The first two I stayed awat from and still don't care about
    imageimage
    Yeah, I totally want to hear shitty covers while I play. And not be told my note streak. And have to hit buttons to activate star power. And look at shitty graphics.
    Guitar Hero 2 had an awesome setlist, but they were all horrible covers.
    They never claimed that they weren't, the gameplay is what I'm talking about.

The graphics were shitty because they were PS2 exclusive and the PS2 was never known as a graphics powerhouse outside of Gran Turismo 4.
    The PS2 had the best graphics out of all consols at that time. Xbox came close but was eh. Also, certain games sucked in the graphics dept cuz I guess they didn't care, idk. And there isn't much gameplay to the first two GH..or even the rest of them. The first two were horrible, even the music was horrible. Which is why I played shit like NFS, Silent hill, and FF instead and laughed at the people goin apeshit over GH
    imageimage
    Even so GH 1, 2, and 80's > GH3 anyday.
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Picking up pokemans tomorrow...
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Picking up pokemans tomorrow...
    I wants....
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    The PS2 had the best graphics out of all consols at that time. Xbox came close but was eh. Also, certain games sucked in the graphics dept cuz I guess they didn't care, idk. And there isn't much gameplay to the first two GH..or even the rest of them. The first two were horrible, even the music was horrible. Which is why I played shit like NFS, Silent hill, and FF instead and laughed at the people goin apeshit over GH
    Xbox had better graphics

Whatever you say
    imageimage
    Even so GH 1, 2, and 80's > GH3 anyday.
    But the gameplay only improved..
    Xbox had better graphics
    Xbox had about the same quality graphics as PS2. PS2 still wins though because to be honest, I had a better time with playstation then I did with xbox. Only fun time I had on there was Halo with friends
    imageimage