Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,603 spicy boy
    Did a little research today, and used this site. I'm thinking of going with something like this:
    https://pcpartpicker.com/list/8NppFd

with this motherboard (wasnt on the site)
    https://www.amazon.com/ROG-STRIX-Z270E-GAMING-Motherboard/dp/B01MTXYB5W?th=1

Total around $1766.41
    like with this build you would be better going with an I5 and then a better video card. 

Like im going with the I5 6500 and probably pairing it with this.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01K1JTT8S/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

>
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Marvel announced a multi game deal with Square Enix. Starting with "The Avengers Project" \m/
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,714 spicy boy
    Did a little research today, and used this site. I'm thinking of going with something like this:
    https://pcpartpicker.com/list/8NppFd

with this motherboard (wasnt on the site)
    https://www.amazon.com/ROG-STRIX-Z270E-GAMING-Motherboard/dp/B01MTXYB5W?th=1

Total around $1766.41
    like with this build you would be better going with an I5 and then a better video card. 

Like im going with the I5 6500 and probably pairing it with this.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01K1JTT8S/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

>
    Im going i7. Its better for multitasking, and since I do video editing, and audio I need it. That graphics card isnt bad. Its the newest 1000 series card Nvidia is putting out. 

As for the keyboard and shit, Im trying to get all Razer stuff. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Yeah but the video editing youre doing is for yourube. Thats not super taxing. Now maybe if you were trying to video editing with special effects and what not. 
    Yeah but the video editing youre doing is for yourube. Thats not super taxing. Now maybe if you were trying to video editing with special effects and what not. 
    And Protools, which IS taxing. 
    Also why are you going AMD over Nvidia?
    ah i forgot you use protools

I haven't fully decided yet. That card has pretty solid reviews doe. Iv got another super tech buddy who told me that for the 250$ price tag that that card is great. He said everything runs great on ultra at 60 FPS.

Like you want a 200$ sound set up but then only want to put 8 gigs of ram in? Priorities son. PRIORITIES!
    I put the wrong stick in the list. Same brand, Corsair Vengance, but two 8 gig sticks, not two 4.
    Im mostly just excited because this will give me the avenue iv been looking for as far as a hobby to expand and be creative with. Once i have this all set up, hoping for the end of February, i will work on designing the website we were talking about. 
    Im not going forward with this for at least another year lol. By that point new parts will be out, so I'll have to rethink it, but I want to save up $2000 of disposable to drop on it if I have to. 
    yeah AMD is getting ready to launch a new line of processors so it will probably drive prices down. 
    I mean of thats what you want thats cool, but lets not try amd act like its part of whats required to build a rig. The computer im putting together would probably out perform that one but im only putting 7-8 hundred into it. 
    How will the one you are building out perform it for only $700? 

Even without the monitor, speakers, and keyboard, the comp is gonna be more than $1000 if you want to run games on Ultra and last for at least 4/5 years. 
    the one im putting together is more like 850.

you want to shell out for an I7 but then skimp on the GPU? I don't get that. Like theres nothing wrong with the card you posted but its not going to last. You're gonna want something with 8GB DDR5 memory. Not 4. 

Who said anything about 4-5 years doe?
    the one im putting together is more like 850.

you want to shell out for an I7 but then skimp on the GPU? I don't get that. Like theres nothing wrong with the card you posted but its not going to last. You're gonna want something with 8GB DDR5 memory. Not 4. 

Who said anything about 4-5 years doe?
    Whats the point in building a comp thats going to be completely obsolete in a few years? Spend the money, and only worry about small upgrades in the future. Otherwise you're going to have to go through the whole process again. 

And the thing with the card, is thats a huge jump. The one I listed is only like $150 the next one up is like $350. 
    And again, how is the 850 one you're building going to be more powerful? Aside from maybe splurging more on the graphics card, the rest isnt going to keep up with a $2000 comp
    edited January 2017
    well lets see here.

Minus a $200 case, monitor, keyboard, and banging sound system sounds system the build you listed would come in at 1k. 

By more powerful i mean that it will game smoother. less hiccups. The I7 you would put into that is nice, but its not going to do your gaming any good if you're going to pair it with that graphics card. From what im gathered..if you're going to spend the money for the I7 you should be willing to shell out the 350 for the card. 

Keep in mind that this build isn't what im looking to keep forever. Im just going to build it. Use it for a bit and see if i can sell it on craigslist or something. But that rx 480 i posted earlier is only like 100$ more but you would get a good uptick in performance. Hell even the reviews i read on the one you posted said to go with the rx 470 if you can. 
    Im no expert by any means though. This is all a learning process for me. So i could easily be making incorrect assumptions. 
    I dont want a AMD card though. The Geforce software is too good to drop Nvidia. And Nvidia is starting to use Vulkan, so there's no point. 

Why sell it though? You'll want a new computer again. Why not just build it and keep it? 

You do that with consoles too, I dont get it. You buy a new console, sell it for a fraction of the price, and few months later buy it again new. Whats the point?
    well i would sell it to build a new, better one. Duh.

I sold a used ps4. I paid 280 for it, and sold it 4 months later for 240 or something like that. I can now get a used one for 200 if i want. So i fail to see where i went wrong in selling a system that i didn't use anymore. I got my 40$ out of it. i hardly sold it for a fraction of the price. 
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,283 mod
    Okay so after playing more of RE 7, it's a really good game. A lot of scary situations and the game doesn't hold your hand on what to do. Feels like old Resident Evil mixed with new elements. If the game is really 10 hours like people say then it's gonna be a fun ride. Only thing that's gonna suck is the replay value.