Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,714 spicy boy
    Rutabaga said:
    Not really. Handheld to tv has existed since the 1980s with the Super Game Boy. The new feature is home console quality gaming on the go.
    Those were always console peripherals though. Not the handheld itself
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    So? Is that really worth a whole marketing scheme? "You dont need a peripheral to do what you've been able to do for 20 years!"

Besides, all of the games shown were console games. 3D Mario, Mario Kart 8, 3D Zelda, Xenoblade Chronicles, etc. No 3DS ports or sequels were shown. So how is it a successor to the 3ds?
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,664 master of ceremonies
    I really hope Sony goes in and saves Scalebound. Game looked real cool and loved the 4 player co op it had going for it. You saved Kojima now save Scalebound!!! 
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,603 spicy boy
    Im sure microsoft has some kind of deal either keeping them from doing that, or requiring it to not be exclusive. 

Regarless id love to see that happen as well. The cancellation dissapointed me 
    As long as they change the name and change some things here and there Sony can release it. 

Same thing happened with Sleeping Dogs. It was owned by Activision and was called something Lotus and they cancelled the project. Square Enix came and released it under the name Sleeping Dogs. So thats how Sony can get away with releasing Scalebound. 

COME ON SONY!!!! 
    Wasnt Sleeping Dogs originally supposed to be another "True Crime" game?
    Supposed to be True Crime: Hong Kong I believe. I loved the first TC game :c 
    edited January 2017
    Streets of LA was soooo fun. You could flip your cop siren on and drive around and stop random crimes. And you could only carry a certain amount of guns unlike GTA but you could keep extra guns in the trunk of your car. I would play that shit for hours

or maybe it was the new york one :-? whichever one where you were the black cop
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,603 spicy boy
    Ohhh yeah i forgot about that. Streets of la was amazing but the map was terrerreible.

NY had a good map but the game sucked 
    Rutabaga said:
    So? Is that really worth a whole marketing scheme? "You dont need a peripheral to do what you've been able to do for 20 years!"

Besides, all of the games shown were console games. 3D Mario, Mario Kart 8, 3D Zelda, Xenoblade Chronicles, etc. No 3DS ports or sequels were shown. So how is it a successor to the 3ds?
    They fucked it up
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,032 master of ceremonies
    As long as they change the name and change some things here and there Sony can release it. 

Same thing happened with Sleeping Dogs. It was owned by Activision and was called something Lotus and they cancelled the project. Square Enix came and released it under the name Sleeping Dogs. So thats how Sony can get away with releasing Scalebound. 

COME ON SONY!!!! 
    ......Sleeping Dogs went through full development as a True Crime installment and then just changed the name when the licensing couldn't be used.
    Nvm I should have looked ahead already been covered
    Rutabaga said:
    Streets of LA was soooo fun. You could flip your cop siren on and drive around and stop random crimes. And you could only carry a certain amount of guns unlike GTA but you could keep extra guns in the trunk of your car. I would play that shit for hours

Yeah in Streets of NY you play as snoop Dogg lol
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Preordered the system and special edition of zelda.
    Staying on this sinking ship.
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
    "You fucked it up" - Angry Joe
    "What were they thinking!?" - Angry Video Game Nerd
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,283 mod
    Xenocide said:
    Rutabaga said:

Yeah in Streets of NY you play as snoop Dogg lol
    Naw New York was redman I believe and LA was Snoop. Good game had a ton of glitches but it was dope as hell. Didn't get the credit it deserved even as sleeping dogs. I loved all three. 

Looked it up and i was wrong about it being snoop Dogg but he wasn't in LA either that was just a nondescript white/Asian dude
    Pulled the trigger and preordered a switch and zelda

wanted to wait for the switch library to grow but dat zelda hype is 2strong