Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,715 spicy boy
    NEWGOD said:
    VR is this gen's motion controls and 3D gaming
    Its much more impressive than that. It adds a level of immersion that cant be achieved by simple looking at a screen. Once affordable and perfected, I will definitely pick up VR. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Nope. Just seems like another overpriced gimmick to me 
    edited October 2016
    I thought that until I tried it myself. 
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,612 spicy boy
    Yeah fuck the PlayStation VR. 

i don't think VR is this generations motion controls because frankly VR is here to stay. It's just a matter of the technology getting better. I think VR is here to stay but fuck trying it on a console lol. 
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited October 2016
    I still need to try it. They had one set up at Best Buy a week or so ago but there was a line of little kids wanting to try it and you could tell the Sony rep was annoyed because of it haha.

Ive seen a good amount of videos and demos of people trying it and so far from what I've read the best 2 games coming out for it is Batman and Driveclub.
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    NEWGOD said:
    VR is this gen's motion controls and 3D gaming
    Its much more impressive than that. It adds a level of immersion that cant be achieved by simple looking at a screen. Once affordable and perfected, I will definitely pick up VR. 
    That could be 10 years from now. Motion controls would be amazing if the tracking was 1:1 and picked up subtle movements. But the technology isnt there yet. VR is the same way. Its a cool concept i'm not dropping 600 bucks to see current gen graphics in VR. Immersion or not.
    I still need to try it. They had one set up at Best Buy a week or so ago but there was a line of little kids wanting to try it and you could tell the Sony rep was annoyed because of it haha.

Ive seen a good amount of videos and demos of people trying it and so far from what I've read the best 2 games coming out for it is Batman and Driveclub.
    I tried it at a comic and technology convention. Occulus Rift demos from program developers. I tried a horror game, and was surprised by how immersive it was. I play a lot of horror games, so I feel like im kinda desensitized to the "scary" elements. But with VR, the atmosphere was actually really cool. I actually felt a nervousness when turning a corner that I hadnt felt playing horror games since Amnesia 4 years ago. 

But what really blew me away was a music video that the guy showed off. It was animated, but it blew my fucking mind away. These giant people were walking passed you, and it actually felt like you were this little person with towering giants above you. And there was an expansive horizon, that when I took the goggles off I was disoriented because I wasnt expecting to see a wall where the expansive horizon just was. It was cool. 

Its more than just a screen on your eyes. 
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I've tried the Gear VR for Samsung phones and even that is pretty cool for what it is. I'm expecting the PS4 VR to be 100x better than that.
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,529 moneytalker
    I'm expecting on of my buddies to cop it. When he does I'll check it out and if I like it I'll sauce one up.
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    After playing with the oculus for a while I believe if they can achieve the level of graphics being provided on a tv right now through a VR headset some of these games would be down right amazing especially competive shooters with how immersed you would feel in it. 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,664 master of ceremonies
    $399 for the VR isn't bad at all. Rift is $599 and the Vive is $799 lol fuck that. 
    Yeah but those VR systems have semi capable hardware lol. I don't even need to touch a PlayStation Vr  to know its not worth it. All I have to do is look at the specs of the ps4. 
    dranyam said:
    Yeah but those VR systems have semi capable hardware lol. I don't even need to touch a PlayStation Vr  to know its not worth it. All I have to do is look at the specs of the ps4. 
    and only 7% of PC users can actually run a rift or Vive. Sony was smart enough to use a breakout box to bridge that gap in performance and graphics. I dont mind 1080p 120hz standard if the games are amazing and fun. PSVR will have a lot of support and dedicated games from a lot of developers and you can play your non VR games which is cool. 

I'll take the cheaper option if the games and support will be there. 
    People on reddit are speculating that Overwatch's halloween event starts tomorrow. New skins, emotes, sprays, and possibly a zombie horde mode. GET HYPE.
    I know it leaked couple days ago. Hope it starts tomorrow \m/ 
    I have a 4 day weekend too. If there's a horde mode i'm gonna finish a paper for school then sink in the couch all weekend and play \m/
    I'll probably make a vid for it once it releases
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    I want to love Mafia but I just keep thinking if Rockstar made a game set in 1968 New Orleans, it would blow this out of the water. 
    image Photobucket
    Yeah. I'm not deep enough into this yet but man some of the NPC textures are so bad. The story and narration are great though. So far anyways.