Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I meant a current gen remake. Even if they just copied the first game and did with the graphics and tech we have now. PS3 collection wasn't bad though. I own then. I didn't see a huge difference but maybe that's because Precursor Legacy is just a naturally beautiful game even by today's standards. 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,715 spicy boy
    Shovel Knight is in Yooka Layle

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3TZo5Gnxog8
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,612 spicy boy
    Man I copped inside when I was pretty drunk a couple weekends ago. Need to play dat 
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Jus got an Xbox One S for $220. 

Target currently has a deal where you buy any XB1 bundle and get any free game. The free game doesn't have any price restrictions so it can range from a standard $60 game, to a $100+ collector's edition, all the way to somethin like the $250 full band Rock Band 4 bundle.

This is where it gets interesting and you get a cheap console. It's not technically a glitch or fuck up, but rather an exploit wit Target's return policy that the Internet found out about and abused. 

All returned items are prorated. 

So what you do is order your bundle of choice, and add any game. You then place your order and then immediately cancel the order on the game and jus keep the system. The removed game then discounts whatever percentage it took off of the entire order, off of jus the system.

So for instance:

$300 XB1S bundle
    $250 Rock Band 4 bundle.

$550 total.

That $250 is taken off the total, bringin it to almost 50% off. Once the game is removed, it instead takes that same roughly 50% off of the system. Mfs earlier today were gettin $300 bundles for around $160 give or take usin the Rock Band 4 method.

Why mine was a lil more was either Target found out about it or everyone ordered em outta stock but Rock Band 4 is now completely unavailable online for XB1 lmao. So the next most expensive game to do the deal wit was the Overwatch Collector's Edition for $130 which took 30% off. Still a score.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,032 master of ceremonies
    get rocket league and get rekt
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    @Gazorpazorpfield i kinda took your "need money for MUT" comments as a challenge and started a team. 

The system really is rigged. I spent a few hours today doing the rushing gauntlet to earn a 92 overall Adrian Peterson and got stoked...only to realize that you can only use him 30 times in solo challenges/other gauntlets/salary cap mode. Pretty gay. You can use him all you want in head to head but its still dumb that the cards you can earn in game are limited somehow. 
    edited September 2016
    God I hate getting into multiplayer games.... DOOM is unplayable at this point. And Toxikk is getting to that point already. I fucking suck at competitive games and it frustrates me.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Practice more. 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    Sounds like you just rage
    Problem is a platau. I start off good, but I dont get better. Wheras other people continually get better, and then wipe me. 

Its hard to keep wanting to play when you continually go 0/20 every match. Thats whats happening in DOOM now.
    Yeah im not into comp. Shooters anymore
    Does doom not have skill matching?
    Xenocide said:
    Does doom not have skill matching?
    Nope. You can literally have level 1s against 50Xs  
    Toxikk is better. It groups players by skill level that varies based on how you do in certain matches. Im currently a 7/12. Went up to 8, got destroyed. Which dropped me to 6, which I then destroyed. Back to 7. So that isnt a bad way to do it. Frustraing to get destroyed as you move up. But its managable. 

It also says im in the top 300 in the world for Toxikk which tells me it needs more players, because I dont think Ive ever had a full lobby. 
    Speaking on the exact opposite though, Paladins was too easy. Went 67/4 as a support :|
    Started AC: Syndicate yesterday. Last of my unopened games I had left. Actually really fuckin wit this one. Definitely the most different one yet by far. It doesn't really "feel" like an AC game for that reason. I enjoyed Unity but it was jus run of the mill AC at the end of the day.

inb4 MC whines yet again cause someone enjoys somethin he doesn't.
    AC is shit but idc if you like it
    Jus got an Xbox One S for $220. 

Target currently has a deal where you buy any XB1 bundle and get any free game. The free game doesn't have any price restrictions so it can range from a standard $60 game, to a $100+ collector's edition, all the way to somethin like the $250 full band Rock Band 4 bundle.

This is where it gets interesting and you get a cheap console. It's not technically a glitch or fuck up, but rather an exploit wit Target's return policy that the Internet found out about and abused. 

All returned items are prorated. 

So what you do is order your bundle of choice, and add any game. You then place your order and then immediately cancel the order on the game and jus keep the system. The removed game then discounts whatever percentage it took off of the entire order, off of jus the system.

So for instance:

$300 XB1S bundle
    $250 Rock Band 4 bundle.

$550 total.

That $250 is taken off the total, bringin it to almost 50% off. Once the game is removed, it instead takes that same roughly 50% off of the system. Mfs earlier today were gettin $300 bundles for around $160 give or take usin the Rock Band 4 method.

Why mine was a lil more was either Target found out about it or everyone ordered em outta stock but Rock Band 4 is now completely unavailable online for XB1 lmao. So the next most expensive game to do the deal wit was the Overwatch Collector's Edition for $130 which took 30% off. Still a score.
    LMFAOOO So on top of this, I never got my free game. So there was a text-in mobile coupon I got after buyin the system. Went back to Target today and the free game applies to Rock Band in store as well. Jus got the $170 band bundle for fuckin free on top of the cheap Xbox. Finesse of the century. =))
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,612 spicy boy
    edited September 2016
    No the finesse of the century was the ABA dudes getting a piece of the nba tv contract for decades when they sold and agreed to shut their teams down. thus  earning them billions of dollars. Keep hustling to stack those ones doe. 
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Dear Lord you're a hater Rex