Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,715 spicy boy
    Finally finished Unity and got the Platinum. Hadn't played any video games for like 2 months cause all I had left was the monotonous ass collectibles and I finally got em done thanks to Adderall lmao.

Finally gonna start the new Ratchet & Clank now. \m/ Have had it unopened for a couple months now.
    if you have the original R&C play that afterwards. It was cool to see the similarities and differences between it and the remake. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Holy fuck this game is absolutely gorgeous. Literally a playable Pixar movie.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,286 mod
    LEGEND said:
    Fade said:
    Unfortunately I read that the game won't have a timer. Kind of sucks
    The timer was the worst part of the games imo. I just wanna run around and kill zombies dont put me on a time limit
    Timer made it challenging. Without it is just appealing to casuals. I'm fine if there's a no timer mode and a timer mode but don't take away an aspect that helped make Dead Rising what it is. 

• FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    I mean...is Dead Rising supposed to be some hardcore gamer experience? 
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,612 spicy boy

never played the original fallout but that is 2dope if legit
    tool.jpg 129.9K
    No but gaming shouldn't also be a walk in the park

Iv always hated timers in games. I like to fully explore environments so it always put a damper on things for me.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,032 master of ceremonies
    pretty sure ed didn't say it should still be a major game mechanic it just sucks they did away with it completely, like if they left it in for a hardcore mode
    I loved the timer aspect didn't know there were people that hated it. It made the game challenging where you had to plan every move you make. Even with the timer I was still able to do everything I wanted to do.

• XenoXeno Posts: 21,032 master of ceremonies
    I was really into the first game in 8th/9th grade. Did the zombie genocider achievement on my first playthrough, and then had the mega man blaster for the 2nd playthrough to make everything a breeze.
    dranyam said:

never played the original fallout but that is 2dope if legit
    You should play the original. Its hard and different, but cool. 
    when i finally build a computer (haha) im planning to  
    Its low spec, you could run it
    I don't own any computer lol
    edited September 2016
    So Ive been playing a lot of shooters lately. Toxikk is the best multiplayer FPS out right now. Its really damn good. Better than DOOM's multiplayer, though DOOM still takes shooter of the year for me. And I think I like it more than the current Unreal Tournament alpha. 

Killing Floor 2 added a bunch of new things with updates since I last played. So Im gonna have to dive back into that. 

I broke down and bought Overwatch. All my friends play it, so I went against my "it should be f2p" attitude and bought it. I dont really get the hype behind it. Its fun, but not the best shooter Ive ever played. 

Tried out Paladins, and it sucks. Its boring. It has a shitty f2p model. It rips off Overwatch without replicating the charm of the cast. Dont play it. 
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Already beat Ratchet And Clank lmao. Still gotta platinum but even that'll be quick as well.

I gotta say tho, one of the most all out FUN games I played in a while. That was a joy to experience and the nostalgia was real. Great fuckin reboot. I never beat the original so it was like a brand new game to me. When I was younger I started wit 2 & 3 which were so much better than the first that by time I got to 1 it was boring to me so I only got a few missions in before I said fuck it. Last one I played was Future: Tools Of Destruction. Never got around to A Crack In Time, All 4 One, or Into The Nexus. Or any of the spin-offs.

So they made new/modern Sly and Ratchet games that were dope...Jak & Daxter. :!!

Even if Jak was jus a reboot like Ratchet, fuck it'd be so dope on PS4.
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,670 spicy boy
    Already beat Ratchet And Clank lmao. Still gotta platinum but even that'll be quick as well.

I gotta say tho, one of the most all out FUN games I played in a while. That was a joy to experience and the nostalgia was real. Great fuckin reboot. I never beat the original so it was like a brand new game to me. When I was younger I started wit 2 & 3 which were so much better than the first that by time I got to 1 it was boring to me so I only got a few missions in before I said fuck it. Last one I played was Future: Tools Of Destruction. Never got around to A Crack In Time, All 4 One, or Into The Nexus. Or any of the spin-offs.

So they made new/modern Sly and Ratchet games that were dope...Jak & Daxter. :!!

Even if Jak was jus a reboot like Ratchet, fuck it'd be so dope on PS4.
    There is a game between Tools of Destruction and A Crack In Time as well: Quest For Booty. And a game between All 4 One and Into The Nexus: Full Frontal Assault. All 4 One is basically a Lego game style 4 player coop game, and Full Frontal Assault is basically a third person line tower defense game. So those two are skippable. But I'd check out the Future trilogy, and Into The Nexus. Nexus is short like the reboot is. 

Also really recommend going back to replay the original to compare it. It was really cool to do. And they remastered it for the PS3, so its not hard to find if you dont have a PS2 
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Dude yes. We need a new Jak & Daxter. I would cream my pants over a fully remastered full HD PS4 version of Precursor Legacy 
    Dime said:
    Dude yes. We need a new Jak & Daxter. I would cream my pants over a fully remastered full HD PS4 version of Precursor Legacy 
    they already did it on PS3