Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

SO OMG, THE NEW BRING ME THE HORIZON SONG IZ SO FUCKIN RAD

Comments

• sbs_willsbs_will Posts: 18,648 salt miner
    LUNCH THE OTHER DAY

Scene chick: So yeah, I love BMTH
    Me: *shakes head*
    Scene chick: Why are you shaking your head?
    Me: 'cause they suck.

Asian guy next to me: YOU ARE A CUNT! YOU ARE A FUCKING CUNT!
    Everyone else: HOW COULD YOU NOT LIKE THEM? THEYRE AMAZING!!!
    FFFFFFFFUUUUUU
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Thank you dawn for putting together a good response. Anyway sounds as if you're just a casual fan where as the other two think they are " amazing"
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    They are far from amazing, and there is nothing that stands out with them. Why people go crazy about them I'll never get but the main reason females do is because of Oli
    imageimage
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    When I gave them a listen the first time my initial thoughts were his voice is really flat and the sound is bland.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • TheDevilsDreadsTheDevilsDreads Posts: 1,625 just the tip
    i think Oli had some decent screams on Count Your Blessings. Suicide Season, he constantly sounds like a whining little emo bitch...which makes sense. he does have some pretty bad ass lyrics though.

I whispered in her ear, fear me dear for I am death
    I'll take that shit, you call a life, in a single fucking breathe

and I like his pre-breakdown callout in Tell Slater Not To Wash His Dick

MOVE! (proceed to breakdown)

anyways CYB, has a couple decent songs, but like Dawn said you kinda have to be in the right mood for it. Everything after CYB is just multitudes of deterioration due to the increasing need to appeal to all the little scenesters.
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    i never said they were amazing
    they arent even one of my favorite and they dont set themselves apart at all
    they sound like a typical sound that im into
    imageimage
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    LUNCH THE OTHER DAY

FFFFFFFFUUUUUU
    i pity for your generation
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    I like them live but that's about it. They usually go pretty insane when they play here then most places.
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    Peoples music tastes nowadays kinda blows ass
    imageimage
  • TheDevilsDreadsTheDevilsDreads Posts: 1,625 just the tip
    Peoples music tastes nowadays kinda blows ass
  • Ezkaton2000Ezkaton2000 Posts: 440 salt miner
    Terrible band is terrible, but I think someone can like a band without having to explain why they like them.
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    edited September 2010
    Conceited texan is conceited texan
    image Photobucket
  • Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip
    LUNCH THE OTHER DAY

FFFFFFFFUUUUUU
    makes me feel glad that i grew up with kids that listened to the dawn of nu metal. Sure looking back the music isn't the world's greatest, but at least the fans weren't complete douchebags like it seems like the scene kids of today are
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    You listen to Winds of Plague failed faggot.
    Get the fuck out.
    I love winning with women
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Ed likes Winds of Plague anyway.... >_>
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    LUNCH THE OTHER DAY

FFFFFFFFUUUUUU
    makes me feel glad that i grew up with kids that listened to the dawn of nu metal. Sure looking back the music isn't the world's greatest, but at least the fans weren't complete douchebags like it seems like the scene kids of today are
    nu-metal > this scene shit that's taking over
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Why are you on a music forum then if you're not willing to discuss music. It's pretty simple. If someone asks me why I like a certain band I sander as well as everyone else on here but you don't. So I am not seeing the point of you being here.

Also Erik if you want to answer my questions be my guest because Bianca cannot break down a band for me that I do not understand
    Alright, fair enough.

As far as Count Your Blessings....I don't listen to it all that much. Metalcore BMTH > Deathcore BMTH IMO. Out of their Deathcore songs, I usually only listen to Pray For Plagues, Tell Slater Not To Wash His Dick, and Medusa.

Now onto Metalcore BMTH. I love Oli's Vocals in general. His highs are insane, and his "clean" Vocals are the grittiest clean Vocals in Metalcore period. They're not all melodic and "pretty" like Jeremy DePoyster from TDWP or AILD's clean Vocalist. And even though I LOVE both of their Vocals, and wish I could sing even half as good as either of them, the gritty singing is a nice change, and adds to the heaviness of the Music IMO.

Other than that, they have amazing choruses that make you just wanna scream at the top of your lungs:

"I'VE SAID IT ONCE! I'VE SAID IT TWICE! I'VE SAID IT A THOUSAND FUCKING TIMES! THAT I'M OKAY! THAT I'M FINE! THAT IT'S ALL JUST IN MY MIND!"

I love shit like that, makes me wanna go insane, and just gets me more into the Music.

I love his lyrics as well, especially the lyrics to Sleep With One Eye Open.

The Guitars are nothing special in retrospect, but it fits the Music perfectly, it's simple and it just works for the Music. Especially in songs like It Never Ends.

Their breakdowns are perfect as far as Core in general goes.

And their Drumming is amazing, I love the odd, and off pattern Drumming they use. TDWP does it too, which is part of why I love their Music, as well as playing it on Drums. Same goes for BMTH, I love playing their Music on Drums. A good example of it is the Drumming in Diamonds Aren't Forever, it's not traditional Drumming, and it doesn't follow a straight forward time pattern, which I love, it makes the Music more exciting, especially when used in more extreme and complicated ways, like Meshuggah, or Tool even.

So yea, I guess that's it lolz.