Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Mike Portnoy quits Dream Theater.....

Comments

• AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    edited September 2010
    fucked up haha.
    Post edited by Adam on
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    thats why i don't listen to the radio
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    Theres so much overanalyzing in this thread and asshurt it's nuts. And I must agree with the radios playing the hell out o Nightmare. I'm so sick of hearing it >_<
    imageimage
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    edited September 2010
    Guys, NO WHERE in that article does it say he quit for A7X. It says he quit because DT wasn't willing to give him a break. So technically it's DT's fault. He's doing multiple side projects, like he said, so I don't get why anyone's saying he quit for A7X. I don't think there will be a report coming out that says he permanently joined A7X and if there is and he does join them then good because then maybe he'll make their music better. As of right now I think he's just going to take it easy and have fun with his SIDE PROJECTS. That's the important part there, again. Side projects. Not his new band. I think he may join DT again in a few years but we'll see.
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    ^ Damn chill brah
    I know I sound a little irate but I think I have good reason. People need to learn to actually read.
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    People need to stop saying he's quit for A7X. No where in there does he say he joined a7x. He is doing multiple side projects. I don't think he'll officially join any bad for awhile now and I don't think it will be A7X. I think he'll join DT later down the road but he's not quitting for avenged.
    Guys, NO WHERE in that article does it say he quit for A7X. It says he quit because DT wasn't willing to give him a break. So technically it's DT's fault. He's doing multiple side projects, like he said, so I don't get why anyone's saying he quit for A7X. I don't think there will be a report coming out that says he permanently joined A7X and if there is and he does join them then good because then maybe he'll make their music better. As of right now I think he's just going to take it easy and have fun with his SIDE PROJECTS. That's the important part there, again. Side projects. Not his new band. I think he may join DT again in a few years but we'll see.
    Did we really need a second extended response? There's an edit button for a reason.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    edited September 2010
    woops. one was on my ipod which didn't post so I got on the computer to post and now my ipod decides to work <_>
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    It's cool bro
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I believe the absence of him saying he left A7X is evidence that their status has not changed, therefore he still is in the band. I believe he is in Avenged Sevenfold for the forseeable future.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    Yeah but he's just a touring drummer. Not their full time drummer. I blame DT for this
  • cheech9_4offcheech9_4off Posts: 942 just the tip
    hopefully this hasnt been posted yet. i odnt want anymore people getting asshurt....

Drummer Mike Portnoy says that his current involvement with AVENGED SEVENFOLD had nothing to do with his decision to quit DREAM THEATER, the band he formed and led for 25 years. "I BEG of the fans to please NOT hold [AVENGED SEVENFOLD] responsible for MY decision... They are just as shocked as you guys," Mike writes on his Facebook page. He adds, "I had been contemplating this and desiring a 'break' (not split) [from DREAM THEATER] as long ago as last year. Everything else is fully explained in the press release" that Mike issued yesterday announcing his split from DREAM THEATER. Portnoy continues, "Thank you all for your support and understanding... This is the hardest thing I've ever done."

from blabbermouth
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    This is the hardest thing I've ever done."
    He sure did it pretty easily.
    I love winning with women
  • GULCH_OF_ROTGULCH_OF_ROT Posts: 5,795 salt miner
    This is the hardest thing I've ever done."
    He sure did it pretty easily.
    HE PROBABLY STARTED MAKING SOME REAL MONEY WITH A7X
  • MikeMike Posts: 7,820 admin

God, such A GOOD FUCKING BAND!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

GOOD...... BAD

THEY MAKE SOME SERIOUS MONEY
  • MikeMike Posts: 7,820 admin
    They write the greatest fucking songs of all time.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies

GOOD...... BAD

THEY MAKE SOME SERIOUS MONEY
    They write the greatest fucking songs of all time.

MY SARCASM SENSE IS TINGLING