Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official*** 2024 College Football Thread

Comments

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Stanford and Boise State go down.....great, now Oklahoma State has to win out or we're looking at a rematch in the BCS title game. #-o
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    College football disappoints me more and more every year. With the retarded BCS and the lack of an actual true champion practically every year, the stupid conference jumping, and the corruption, I have a feeling that one of these years I'll be the only one in the world left that cares about it.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    I'm happy with State....

• GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    You talking about Bama/LSU?

I don't get it. They're both in the same division...so LSU would play in the SEC Championship while Bama would basically get a bye?
    image Photobucket
    Houston will play LSU for the nat'l championship
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,594 spicy boy

I don't get it. They're both in the same division...so LSU would play in the SEC Championship while Bama would basically get a bye?
    pretty much...i don't see why people would be upset...IMO they are the best 2 in the country

• MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    edited November 2011

pretty much...i don't see why people would be upset...IMO they are the best 2 in the country

cuz its gay
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Because it's gay and they already played each other. LSU proved they were better then BAMA and now it's time to give someone else a shot. Would hate to see a boring ass match up between Bama/LSU again. If anything Oklahoma State will give LSU big time problems and would be a better match up/game.
    i wouldn't be shocked to see oregon get a rematch
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    I just thinks it's messed up that Alabama would get rewarded for losing. Watch LSU lose Georgia or South Carolina haha.
    image Photobucket
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    I'd rather see LSU play Oregon again......if it comes to that. But I want a new title game matchup dammit.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    well hopefully OKS can make it threw without losing...there isn't a BIG 12 championship game this year is there?
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Judge Who Freed Sandusky on Bail Reportedly Volunteered at His Charity

The judge who ordered former Penn State defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky be freed on $100,000 unsecured bail on charges he sexually abused eight boys reportedly volunteered for his charity.
    District Judge Leslie Dutchcot, who handled Sandusky's preliminary arraignment, gave his Second Mile charity between $500 and $1,000 and worked as a volunteer for the group, Fox affiliate WTXF-TV reports.

The report comes after separate revelations that Sandusky was continuing to receive hefty pension payouts from the university. According to the Harrisburg Patriot-News, Sandusky took a nearly $150,000 lump-sum payment at retirement and still gets almost $60,000 a year.

Sandusky, 67, has been charged with 21 felony counts for allegedly sexually abusing eight boys over a 15-year period. He denies the charges.
    Prosecutors had requested a $500,000 bail for Sandusky and that he be required to wear a leg monitor, but Dutchcot ruled that he be freed without having to post any money unless he failed to show up for court.
    Dutchcot works as counsel to the firm Goodall and Yurchak. Its website, centrelaw.com, features a profile listing her career achievements, including being named State College Lawyer of the Year in 2005.
    It also states that The Second Mile, a non-profit organization founded by Sandusky in the late 1970s to help disadvantaged children, is one of several charities she has volunteered for.
    Sandusky retired from his assistant coaching position in 1999, but retained coach "emeritus" status and access to Penn State facilities. Upon his retirement, he chose to take a $148,271 lump-sum pension payment from the State Employees' Retirement System, the newspaper reported.
    The remainder of his pension is paid out on a monthly basis and totals $58,898 annually.
    "These details have got to be reviewed," Rep. Mike Vereb, R-Pa., told WTXF-TV. "I'm sending off a letter to Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania Ron Castillo and asking him to look at what happened here, to look at the reports that are out there, and if, in fact, this district justice has a conflict of interest."
    Former Penn State Vice President Gary Schultz, who has been charged with perjury before the grand jury and failing to report suspected child abuse, retired from his position in 2009 but returned to his Penn State post in September on a temporary basis.
    He received a $421,847 lump-sum payment at the time of his retirement in 2009 and now reportedly receives a monthly pension payment of $27,558.
    Schultz's monthly payments amount to nearly $331,000 a year.
    Former athletic director Tim Curley, who was also charged with perjury and failing to report suspected child abuse, did not participate in the state pension system, the report said.
    Curley and Schulz both stepped down from their posts when they were indicted. Both maintain their innocence.
    The Patriot-News said it had submitted a request for pension information for Joe Paterno, the longtime Penn State coach who was fired late Wednesday after criticism that he did not do more in response to allegations made in 2002 against Sandusky.
    Former Penn State President Graham Spanier, who was also fired on Wednesday, was not a member of the state pension system, the newspaper said.

<_>
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    what the fuck guys. c'mon. I thought our society could put a criminal in jail...
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    I hate when College Basketball starts on Saturdays and they run through the scores at the bottom of the football games. For a minute I thought LSU let up 45 points (in football) to Nicholls State or whoever they were playing. lol
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Judge Who Freed Sandusky on Bail Reportedly Volunteered at His Charity

<_>
    FUCKED UP!!!
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    i say we find the judge and sandusky and kick both of there asses
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    I hate when College Basketball starts on Saturdays and they run through the scores at the bottom of the football games. For a minute I thought LSU let up 45 points (in football) to Western Kentucky lol