Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official*** 2024 College Football Thread

Comments

• NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer
  • NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer
    Brilliant

SEC takes it again!!!

• TehPrince666TehPrince666 Posts: 1,118 salt miner
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    This game disappointed me so much. I wanted both high powered offense to duke it out to the end >_<
    was hoping this would be the game to dethrone the TX/USC game and had the potential to do so :\

Congrats to Auburn though.
  • LeaLea Posts: 1,549 balls deep
    Hey guys...

WAR DAMN EAGLE!
    Jay brought up a good point.

"so will this championship still stand in 5 years?"

I laughed a bit.
  • TehPrince666TehPrince666 Posts: 1,118 salt miner
    This game disappointed me so much. I wanted both high powered offense to duke it out to the end >_<
    was hoping this would be the game to dethrone the TX/USC game and had the potential to do so :\

Congrats to Auburn though.
    Yeah I thought it was gonna be high scoring.

• MarcusMMarcusM Posts: 2,059 just the tip
    Hey guys...

WAR DAMN EAGLE!
    hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahahaha

Texas should have a better year next season. Really looking forward to the new recruits we got and the new OC's.
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Texas was an embarrasment this year. I dont think I can remember a team start the season ranked 3rd in the nation and not even make it to a bowl game Especially considering 70 teams played in bowl games.
    That's what happens when ALL your best players go to the NFL <_> pissed me off haha.

We bagged ourselves some great players. 5 star RB and is top 5 in the nation I believe and we have Shipleys younger brother that is just as dangerous as him. Can make spectacular catches and is fast as hell. We need a better QB though <_>
    yeah they were obviously ranked too high to begin with, but I think most people thought that Gilbert was going to be a little better than he turned out to be.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,593 spicy boy
    im excited to see the top end recruits les is gonna start bringing in
    Les better start with Defense, (assuming he gets the job), I am a long time Michigan fan, and RichROD ran one of my favorite teams into the ground. Les needs to work on his clock management tho. I will support him if he gets hired, but man I have the opinion that he is pretty idiotic when it comes to on field coaching at times.

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,593 spicy boy
    he does pull some bellicick type play calls sometimes...but he is one of the best recruiters in the land and at excites me
    edited January 2011
    yeah they were obviously ranked too high to begin with, but I think most people thought that Gilbert was going to be a little better than he turned out to be.
    Yeah, I was one of those haha. I was like, "holy shit this kid almost brought us back and won the national championship. Can't wait to see what he does next season."......5 games later," FUCK THIS GUY >: O" haha. So disappointed with him this season when he showed great potential during the title game.
  • MarcusMMarcusM Posts: 2,059 just the tip
    Too bad he isn't coming.
    and this is why you never get your hopes up if you are a Wolverine fan Rex.

Les Miles staying at LSU

Les Miles will remain LSU's coach after talking with Michigan officials about the vacancy at his alma mater. LSU athletic director Joe Alleva released a statement Tuesday confirming that Miles will return for a seventh season with the Tigers. "I am pleased to announce that Les Miles will remain the head coach at LSU," Alleva said in the statement. "Les has led this program to many great successes on the field and his players represent LSU well off the field. We look forward to many great years of LSU football under his leadership." Miles met with Michigan athletic director Dave Brandon and other school representatives Monday night in Baton Rouge but did return with them to Ann Arbor. He reportedly met with Alleva later Monday. Miles is scheduled to speak at the American Football Coaches Association convention Tuesday afternoon in Dallas. Miles is 62-17 with a 2007 national championship in six seasons at LSU since taking over for Nick Saban in 2005. He has four years remaining on his contract at LSU.

Miles was an offensive lineman on two Big Ten championship teams at Michigan for the late Bo Schembechler, who later gave Miles his first chance to be an assistant coach in 1980. Brandon is a former teammate.

Last Wednesday, Rich Rodriguez was fired as Michigan coach with a 15-22 mark in three seasons.

Miles is 62-17 with a 2007 national championship in six seasons at LSU since taking over for Nick Saban in 2005.

smart man haha.
    I wasn't in love with the hire to begin with. He's a butcher when it comes to on field coaching and especially clock management in big games. He is a good recruiter, but I think he's kind of an idiot.
    ^I forgot what game it was this season, but he blew it hard and they lost while they were like 5 yards away from the end zone. I forgot which game it was though.