Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official*** 2024 College Football Thread

Comments

• Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
  • LeaLea Posts: 1,549 balls deep
    We shall see, fellows. We shall see.
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Auburn has nothing but Newton. One man can't do it alone forever. Ducks are going to fuck them up ;3
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,593 spicy boy

2 of my football board numbers for the Auburn/Oregon game. =)
    there called squares :)

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,593 spicy boy
    Fuck Ohio State. The fact that all five of the players who violated NCAA rules not only played, but majorly contributed to their win, sickens me. What a bunch of bullshit.
    i don't like it either...but i think the fact they have to sit out a year in which they may have had the best team in the country may hurt them more...it might cost them a national title

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    They don't play anybody in those first five games who has a real chance at beating them. Michigan State is the only one, but that's the fifth game, and knowing the NCAA they'll reduce the suspensions to four when OSU appeals. -_- It's garbage. They should have been held out of the Sugar Bowl.

Oh and Texas hired Mississippi State defensive coordinator Manny Diaz for the same position. Very good hire.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • MarcusMMarcusM Posts: 2,059 just the tip
    Andrew Luck returning to Stanford!! Anyone else surprised?

Manny Diaz hmm let's see how this turns out.
    Considering the Big 12 is a step down from the SEC, I'd be pretty excited with that hire.

Andrew Luck returning is a shock, especially if Harbaugh is gone. Carolina is screwed lol.
    I never really watched Mississippi State though...well except for the bashing of Michigan but that doesn't exactly prove a whole whole lot. We shall see though. What I read make it sound like he is pretty good. I just never had really heard of him.
    They held Cam Newton and Auburn to 17 points. MSU's four losses were to Auburn, LSU, Arkansas, and Alabama. All great teams. I'm telling you, the dude can coach.
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Considering the Big 12 is a step down from the SEC, I'd be pretty excited with that hire.

Andrew Luck returning is a shock, especially if Harbaugh is gone. Carolina is screwed lol.
    GOOD! Luck deserved to go to a better place then fucking Carolina. Bills like like they could get him the next draft haha.

and yes that was a great hire. he is a pretty damn good DC and can't wait to see what he can do.
    edited January 2011
    After much speculation and many updates by orangebloods.com, it is official. Boise State offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach Bryan Harsin will take over the same positions at Texas. Harsin and current Texas RB coach Major Applewhite will be co-coordinators for the Longhorns, though Harsin will handle all the play-calling duties.

"When I heard from Coach Brown, I was flattered and excited," Harsin said. "What a great opportunity to come to a place like Texas with its rich history and tradition. We've had success at Boise State over the years, but you look at a Texas and it has been a championship program for a long, long time and it's just one of those places you want to be a part of. At Boise State, we always talked about and paid attention to the successful programs around the country, and Texas was a model. The Longhorns set the standard for what you want to be, so it was quite an honor to get that call from Coach Brown."

Harsin has been with the Broncos for the past 10 seasons and the offensive coordinator for the last five seasons. The Boise State program has become infamous over the last five seasons as a “BCS buster” with key BCS bowl victories against Oklahoma in the 2007 Fiesta Bowl and TCU in the 2010 Fiesta Bowl.

"Everyone knows of the appreciation I've had for Chris (Petersen), Bryan and the Boise State offense for quite some time," coach Mack Brown said. "They have had an unbelievable amount of success over the last several years and their offense has played a huge part in that. In my opinion, they've been one of the most innovative offenses in the country, and I enjoy watching them every chance I get.”

Though Harsin was the sole OC at Boise State, he now shares the position with Major Applewhite in an unorthodox co-coordinator position.

"Bryan and Major working together gives us two of the best, young offensive minds in the country," Brown said. "They had a chance to visit quite a bit yesterday and they clicked immediately. They both have everything we want in a coach at Texas."

"Bryan and I had a chance to get together and talk football during his visit to Austin, and I felt like we connected immediately," Applewhite said. "We talked about personnel, philosophies and getting the best out of this team. The bottom line is we both want to win. Obviously we've all seen what Boise State has done over the years, so I'm excited to get with him, put our ideas together and develop a successful plan here."

Texas had a busy week hiring four coaches within a five day span. That list includes Bennie Wylie (head coach of strength and conditioning for football), Manny Diaz (defensive coordinator), and Darrell Wyatt (wide receivers coach). Texas is still in search for a new OL coach.

<3 :X \m/
    Co-offensive coordinators? Oh brother.

Great, great hires though on both sides of the ball. Good for Texas.
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    And in other news....

A&M lost! B-)
    Co-offensive coordinators? Oh brother.

Great, great hires though on both sides of the ball. Good for Texas.
    Just for this I won't give you as much shit about Michigan sucking lately. When I read co-offensive coordinators I was kinda just like WTF how is that gonna even work...but from what it sounds like is Applewhite is more just for helping develop offensive gameplans and Harsin is really more like the offensive coordinator since he will be calling plays. I really like this hire though. Boise's offense is really balanced and everyone has seen what it was able to do with subpar or average high school recruits. I can't wait to see what is possible with the best recruiting classes in the nation!!

Also in other news...let's hope Michigan gets a good coach to pull them outta the gutter. I wouldn't mind seeing Les Miles up in Ann Arbor.

Oh yeah I could not have pictured a much better way for A&M to finish the season. The one time in ages they are actually a good team in the Big 12 they finish disappointed.

HOOK'EM HORNS over and out. \m/
  • LeaLea Posts: 1,549 balls deep
    my other football board. I'm the yellow square. if you cant see well, its an Auburn 2 and an Oregon 5.
    I just know that if my power goes out tomorrow because of all of this ice, I'm gonna kill someone. -_-
    Oregon/Auburn tomorrow, finally. Go Ducks!
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Fuck the Ducks!