Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official*** 2024 College Football Thread

Comments

• GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    I could understand not wanting to say "He'll be in the NFL soon" a lot...but I swear I've heard them say "This young man will be playing on Sunday someday" at least 15 times this game.
    image Photobucket
  • TehPrince666TehPrince666 Posts: 1,118 salt miner
    Badgers got raped on field position check the stats, Badgers owned every stat, to bad they started from the 2 yard line every drive and the horned frogs started from the dag nab 40, Badgers outrushed them by like 200 yards out passed, TOP 36 mins to 23, fluke win if I ever saw one, an thats without the missed field goal.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    edited January 2011
    I knew both the Michigan teams were gonna get their asses handed to them
    I'll remember this......

I'm still thinking Rich Rod might not be gone. Only our athletic director knows who our football coach will be this fall. The players are supposed to find out today whether RR is staying or going.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    Did anyone see Miami get beat like a fucking drum? Guess they just decided to end the season as they began it, hyped up, then quickly fall to shit. Jacory Harris is the most overrated college QB i have seen. Fuck you Jacory, I will stick with Stephen Morris, word around the campus is Al Golden wants Harris to transfer. Good riddance. This is now Golden's team, and I think he will know what he is doing, Got rid of pretty much everyone besides Stoutland. Good, this staff was a Randy Shannon debacle. Feel like a fucking Cubs or Mets fan! Next year!
    Miami hasn't seemed the same ever since that brawl they had with FIU a few years back.
    edited January 2011
    Badgers got raped on field position check the stats, Badgers owned every stat, to bad they started from the 2 yard line every drive and the horned frogs started from the dag nab 40, Badgers outrushed them by like 200 yards out passed, TOP 36 mins to 23, fluke win if I ever saw one, an thats without the missed field goal.
    TCU was the better team, plain and simple. It was an evenly played game and the Badgers didn't make plays. I'm usually pro-Big Ten, but that was a game in which I didn't mind them losing.
    edited January 2011
    TCU was the better team, plain and simple. It was an evenly played game and the Badgers didn't make plays. I'm usually pro-Big Ten, but that was a game in which I didn't mind them losing.
    IT only seemed that way because TCU constantly had good field position while the badgers worked there way out of a rut, and stalled at the opponents 40. There punter won them the game. IF the badgers had there field position, they would have put up 40.

That's not a fluke.....if you can't move the ball, it's because TCU's defense was damn good....
    edited January 2011
    GO HOGS tonight.
  • MarcusMMarcusM Posts: 2,059 just the tip
    Rich Rod Fired!! ~:>
    edited January 2011
    Rich Rod has officially been fired.....*sigh*

I guess it was the only thing to do...
  • MarcusMMarcusM Posts: 2,059 just the tip
    Michigan has fired football coach Rich Rodriguez after his third season ended with a school-record 38-point loss in the Gator Bowl, Fox 2 TV in Detroit is reporting.

The report comes after Rodriguez met with athletic director Dave Brandon earlier Tuesday.

Members of the football team are scheduled to meet at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, according to another report out of Ann Arbor.

Michigan's Gator Bowl loss to Mississippi State knocked Rodriguez's overall record to 15-22 with college football's winningest program.

Michigan will owe the coach $2.5 million to buy out the final three years of his contract.
    That's not a fluke.....if you can't move the ball, it's because TCU's defense was damn good....
    lol they did move the ball, an a lot more than TCU did. Look at the stats, the whole game the badgers were starting inside the 10, an constantly moved it just outside of scoring position, TCU drives stalled, nearly at the same spots, but they started with better field position, there punting won them the game its as simple as that.

No, TCU won because the Badgers decided to throw on the 2 point conversion instead of use their three-headed monster at running back. It's as simple as that. Stop with the excuses and accept that you lost to a better team.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    Michigan has fired football coach Rich Rodriguez after his third season ended with a school-record 38-point loss in the Gator Bowl, Fox 2 TV in Detroit is reporting.

The report comes after Rodriguez met with athletic director Dave Brandon earlier Tuesday.

Members of the football team are scheduled to meet at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, according to another report out of Ann Arbor.

Michigan's Gator Bowl loss to Mississippi State knocked Rodriguez's overall record to 15-22 with college football's winningest program.

Michigan will owe the coach $2.5 million to buy out the final three years of his contract.
    Terrible coach anyway.

An not only that if the game had gone another qaurter, TCU's defense was fallin apart an becomin ragged, they would have been blowin off the map, Wisconsin had the ball for 36 mins, to 23 for TCU, our defense was pickin it up while theres was fallin apart, there damn lucky, they got taht good field position all game, cuz the score could ahve been a lot more drastic if it had been the other way around.
    Bottomline is Wisconsin dominated every single stat except for the score, it all came down to field position, there punting won them to game, an thats not an excuse thats the facts.
    The score is all that matters.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,593 spicy boy
    The score is all that matters.
    pwnd

No ITS PWNT BITCH, YEW JUS GAT PWNT!! GET PWNT MO, GET PWNT MO. :-bd