Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official*** 2024 College Football Thread

Comments

• OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    DUAL IN THE DESERT!!!

ASUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
    I love winning with women
  • MarcusMMarcusM Posts: 2,059 just the tip
    According to orangebloods.com writer Chip Brown, multiple sources have reported that Texas will replace Greg Davis.

Though nothing has been confirmed by the athletic department yet, credible sources with strong ties to the Longhorn football program have implied that Davis will not return as the Longhorns' OC next season. Those sources also indicated that Davis will remain with the team in some capacity and will be reassigned to a new position.

Davis has been the target for criticism after an abysmal 5-7 record this season. The Texas offense ranked 59th nationally and 88th in scoring offense. This just one year after Colt McCoy and the Longhorns reached the national championship game.

However, Chuck Carlton of the Dallas Morning News has reported that Texas head coach Mack Brown has not come to a decision as he is still evaluating the team after the disappointing season.

In 2003, reports claimed Davis had been fired, but he survived that trial and soon became successful. He helped Texas win the national championship in 2005 and had a second appearance in the national championship game in 2009.

Davis triumphed when quarterbacks Vince Young and Colt McCoy played for the Longhorns. Still, after an embarrassing 2010 season, banners flew above the grounds at DKR-Texas Memorial Stadium prior to home games voicing displeasure with the longtime Texas OC.

Davis has been the Texas offensive coordinator for the past 14 seasons. He has also been on Mack Brown's coaching staff as the offensive coordinator for the past 16 years dating back to their days at North Carolina in 1995. Davis also served as the OC for Brown at Tulane from 1985-1988.

The sign worked!! \:D/
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    edited December 2010
    DUAL IN THE DESERT!!!

ASUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
    Good game so far.

Edit: Holy shit what a game!!!
    Post edited by That_Guy_Arlo on
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    FUCK YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I love winning with women
    That was intense.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Lol wow.....your team has one bad season and someone just has to take the fall....replacing a QB like Colt McCoy is hard. Especially with a coach that's been around as long as he has. I don't like that move.

Anyway....the Insight Bowl doesn't seem like a guaranteed destination for us just yet. The Gator and Outback Bowls have also been mentioned, with Gator being more likely....
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    edited December 2010
    Something had to be done. His play calling has become WAY too predictable. At games me and my friends would call each play and rarely be wrong.
    And I know it isn't fully his fault for this season's offensive struggles but he was a big part of it.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Meh. I don't agree with it. It's not his fault he lost all his veteran players in one year.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    I understand your side of the arguement, but you have to have been around here to really understand it. Even when McCoy and Young were here people were still bitching about Greg Davis. It was just overshadowed by the fact that we were winning.
  • LeaLea Posts: 1,549 balls deep
    Bump :)

Less than an hour til Auburn/South Carolina kickoff.
    War Eagle :)
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    The Auburn battle cry...

GO GAMECOCKS >: O
    Oooh. Ouch.
    Actually, I'm a bit concerned about this game...we can't wait til 2nd half to play in this game.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    LOL!

First play of the game and their QB just got knocked the fuck out.
    Oooh. Ouch.
    Actually, I'm a bit concerned about this game...we can't wait til 2nd half to play in this game.
    It's Cam Newton. The guy is a god among men right now...though Gamecocks will bring it hard with that offense.
    MARCUS LATTIMORE all I have to say :D
    Cam played like shit during the first half of the Iron Bowl...
    MARCUS LATTIMORE all I have to say :D
    Damn right son. *gives brofist*
    Cam played like shit during the first half of the Iron Bowl...
    Then look what happened <_>
    edited December 2010