Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official*** 2024 College Football Thread

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,593 spicy boy
    Ok, I've officially lost my patience with the defense. Greg Robinson needs to go. Now.
    robinson is a good defensive guy....the problem is rich rod and his recuriting...its time for him to go...only way he can keep his job is to win out and thats not going to happen
    LOL! No. Rich Rod's specialty is offense. He relies on his defensive coaches to run the defense. As the head coach, Rich Rod is ultimately responsible, but you can't tell me that Robinson has done a good job at all. I can't even begin to describe how bad our defense is.
    our d is horrible because rich has had bad luck and done a bad job to with recruiting....bottom line fire...shit stab him and drown him if you have to
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    No. Bad luck doesn't lead to terrible defensive play calling and terrible fundamentals. That's partially on Rich Rod, but Robinson calls the plays and works with the defense. Hell, he coaches the linebackers personally, and guess what? They suck. Fire Greg Robinson.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    well im not saying we should keep him...but its time to get rid of the whole staff
    its also on not easy on the d when there on the field most of the game
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    no! no! no! no! I wasn't saying fire Brown or any of that shit. I just think Muschamp is going to be beast when he gets head coach when Brown retires. Shit I rather Brown say until he's old and talks like a smoker like Joe P. That ain't happening though.
    Come on Rex. You saw the game. It didn't matter whether it was the first drive or the last drive. They couldn't stop them. No excuses. When you score 31 points, you should win the damn game.
    well im not saying we should keep him...but its time to get rid of the whole staff
    Once again, no. Start over with what we have on offense? No thanks. If you fire Rich Rod, you had better get a coach who runs a similar spread or everything that we have on the offensive side of the ball will be for naught.
  • MarcusMMarcusM Posts: 2,059 just the tip
    no! no! no! no! I wasn't saying fire Brown or any of that shit. I just think Muschamp is going to be beast when he gets head coach when Brown retires. Shit I rather Brown say until he's old and talks like a smoker like Joe P. That ain't happening though.
    I am not so sure about Muschamp at the moment. Obviously you can't blame him or the defense too much for this season when they are playing 3/4th of the game because the offense can barely move the ball.
    Once again Greg Davis needs to be fired :)
    Come on Rex. You saw the game. It didn't matter whether it was the first drive or the last drive. They couldn't stop them. No excuses. When you score 31 points, you should win the damn game.
    Once again, no. Start over with what we have on offense? No thanks. If you fire Rich Rod, you had better get a coach who runs a similar spread or everything that we have on the offensive side of the ball will be for naught.

and what the defense does is not on the head coach 2?...and robinson needs to play a similar spot like percy harvin did he can't throw the ball for shit down field
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    edited October 2010

and what the defense does is not on the head coach 2?...and robinson needs to play a similar spot like percy harvin did he can't throw the ball for shit down field
    Read what I said. He is an offensive-minded coach. Lloyd Carr was a defensive-minded coach. That's why his assistants typically ran the offense. Rich Rod's crew works the opposite way. I firmly believe they can win with Rich Rod if they can find the right defensive coach and get Woolfolk and Martin back healthy.

And the offense scored 31 points. Denard Robinson is not the problem. They rarely called any deep throws, so I don't know why you say that. If we had a competent defense we would be at least 7-1.
    its not the coach on d....its the players...i still don't get why gordan touches the field tho thats on the coaches either way if we don't win out i don't see how they keep him
    Gordon touches the field because they literally have no one else to play. I don't know if you remember the secondary exodus that happened before the season, but because of that, we're behind the eight ball. And even high school players can tackle and fill gaps better than our defense. An offense can run the same play all game long and we never adjust to it. That's defensive coaching. Greg Robinson sucks.
    yeah...i know the secondary issues suck...but you think there would be someone on campus that could fill in better than him lol
  • MarcusMMarcusM Posts: 2,059 just the tip
    *grabs popcorn*
    edited October 2010
    yeah...i know the secondary issues suck...but you think there would be someone on campus that could fill in better than him lol
    You would say that about our kicker too. <_>

I honestly think Rich Rod will be back, but with radical changes on the defensive side of the ball. Whatever decision Dave Brandon makes, I will support. If he thinks Rich Rod can get it done, I trust him. If he makes a change, fine. He knows football a hell of a lot better than Bill Martin.
    Michigan-Illinois is at noon on ESPN next weekend........
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    I'm just calling it how I see it, if you don't like it then GTFO.

No, you're trolling. If I said we were playing Bowling Green, you'd say "Bowling Green wins," even though we beat them by over 30 points. <_>