Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official*** 2024 College Football Thread

Comments

• MarcusMMarcusM Posts: 2,059 just the tip
    We haven't had a top recruit RB in awhile. I am interested to see what we do with one. I agree Gilbert has the ability to be a really good QB, he is like you said just straight up retarded. I mean cmon its 3rd and 10 and he throws a pass to a TE that is 2 yards past the line of scrimmage...yes that isn't completely his fault and its the play call but really? At least try and throw it to someone that can actually get a 1st down.
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Wine going to try out for RB.
    I was going to try out for linebacker at my old school, but then I moved. What could have been *imagines self with HOF jacket on*

Beige always was my color.
    We are use to having QBs that can run and throw all the time(Colt & Vince). Gilbert is just meh and are running game sucks something awful. I happy we hung in there with OK though. We had a chance to tie but someone dropped the fucking punt <_>\

I just happy that next year the Horns will have the #1 or 2 recruiting class and have some damn good backs coming in.
    FUCK YESS!!! you finally admitted that Gilbert isn't all that great!! WINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN. haha.

Gilbert actually can run pretty good(obviously not like Colt or Vince) but he just chooses not to. And yes our running game is god awful. The OU game was much better than I was expecting(mostly cause of our defense). We have 2 weeks to prepare for Nebraska, maybe we can get something turned around and pull off an upset. One can only hope.
    You just picked up the best running back recruit in the country, so that running game could be salvaged soon. Gilbert has the physical skill set, he just is straight up stupid. There's a reason why Andrew Luck is the best QB in College Football, and that's because he's calculating, and is intelligent.

We may actually have better RBs come next year. One RB(live here in San Antonio and is considered top 10 RB in the nation) just committed to UT along with some receivers. We don't have the best receivers but they can get the job done some what. Gilbert has the stuff but his decision making is fucking whack and he needs to start running more. It's obvious he is scared of getting hit but that's why you slide nig <_> mmmmm Andrew Luck <3
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    The scary thing about Luck is he has two years of eligibility left after this....
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    The scary thing about Luck is he has two years of eligibility left after this....
    If he developed his footwork and got a little bit more agile, he's gonna be brutal.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • MarcusMMarcusM Posts: 2,059 just the tip
    Little Shipley is on his way :D we will have a good WR. He goes to the high school I graduated from. Kid is good...possibly better than Jordan which is hard to believe.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,593 spicy boy
    michigan vs. michigan state week....cant wait to watch the best qb in the nation again sat. :DDDDD
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    STATEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

You are a poor troll.
    You are a poor troll.
    michigan vs. michigan state week....cant wait to watch the best qb in the nation again sat. :DDDDD
    no one talks cause its true
    This is a huge, huge game for us.....I'm so excited, but so nervous......
    Michigan State is a better team all around. The only thing you got going is Robinson son. Don't think that D will let him run like he has been doing for the past 4 games.

Should be a very awesome game though.
    Shut down Robinson = Win

Man on, 3 on Robinson. Win.
    This is a huge, huge game for us.....I'm so excited, but so nervous......
    i sooooo agree
    Shut down Robinson = Win

Man on, 3 on Robinson. Win.

you think the 2 teams that gave up 200 rushing 200 passing haven't tried that
    Michigan State is a better team all around. The only thing you got going is Robinson son. Don't think that D will let him run like he has been doing for the past 4 games.

Should be a very awesome game though.
    michigan state has the better D no doubt just about everyone in the country does....untill you show me you can stop him you cant...
    edited October 2010
    State will be favored to win, as they should be. By far the best defense we've faced so far. It will be a great challenge. I still like our chances to win, however. Anything can happen in a rivalry game.
    you think the 2 teams that gave up 200 rushing 200 passing haven't tried that
    Yeah, against the sterling defense of Massachusetts, or the immovable object of Notre Dame?

How about the behemoth that is Connecticut's front seven?

Please, this is the first real defense that Robinson will face, and if Michigan goes in there thinking Robinson will be bailing them out like always and they can depend on him, they will lose.
    robinson is an underrated passer......and robinson will bail them out mark my words....there is not a team in the country that can go 75 yards in 1:15 and run the ball 4 out of five times like we did last week....as much as you wanna deny it i feel like college football has never seen a player like denard....he has a chance to pass and rush for 2000 yards! its not about the D's hes so explosive i don't seen any one being able to stop him...its our d that is going to eventually cost us this year
    Looks like we're getting Michael Shaw back for this week. That's big, we're going to need him. The team that wins the running game battle almost always wins this game.
    robinson is an underrated passer......and robinson will bail them out mark my words....there is not a team in the country that can go 75 yards in 1:15 and run the ball 4 out of five times like we did last week....as much as you wanna deny it i feel like college football has never seen a player like denard....he has a chance to pass and rush for 2000 yards! its not about the D's hes so explosive i don't seen any one being able to stop him...its our d that is going to eventually cost us this year
    You don't spread out the ball, you lose. That simple.