Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official*** 2024 College Football Thread

Comments

• FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Ohio state still doesn't deserve the championship game. Auburn and fsu do
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    Everybody that's not an Ohio State fan knows that. Doesn't mean it'll happen though
    I mean if ohio state had played anyone halfway decent throughout the year maybe but the level in the sec this year and recent years has been ridiculous
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    Yeah. The SEC has cannibalized pretty severely this year. There's no doubt in my mind that even teams like Georgia and LSU are still better than almost all of the other ranked teams. Specifically shit like Northern Illinois that are ranked even though they play huff schedules that make their records look pretty. Took Fresno State losing to SJSU yesterday to bring them back to reality. I think Notre Dame and USC get by on brand recognition. Even severely hobbled by injury, Georgia still managed to beat LSU and South Carolina and came within a couple of plays of beating Clemson and Auburn. Yet were unranked. Unless Ohio State loses to Michigan State [-O< , they're going to push the SEC teams out of the title game. Haters everywhere will rejoice
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    I still think a one-loss Auburn or Missouri can jump OSU if either SEC team wins convincingly enough and OSU has trouble with Sparty, which I think they will.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    I do agree with Satan but I sure do love giving an undefeated mid-major a shot. It has made for some bad blow outs, but the upsets make it worth it IMO.
    Well...

1. Fsu
    2. Ohio state
    3. Auburn

I believe this is wrong
    I would really love it if Auburn could jump Ohio St, but I don't see it happening.

Also, FSU's QB should be suspended.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    And after all the rumors of getting Kevin Sumlin, Jack Del Rio, James Franklin, or Chris Petersen, USC hires.....Steve Sarkisian back from Washington.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    James Franklin>
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,594 spicy boy
    don't get how ohio didn't get jumped by auburn
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    MSU let's get it!!!

8-}

EAST LANSING, Mich. -- Michigan State coach Mark Dantonio believes that no matter which team wins the Big Ten title Saturday, the winner should be considered for a berth in the Vizio BCS National Championship.

No. 2 Ohio State is favored over the No. 10 Spartans, and if the Buckeyes (12-0) were to finish a second straight regular season undefeated, Urban Meyer's squad would be an understandable pick to play for the national title.

Dantonio The fact of the matter is we're 11-1 right now, we're playing in a championship environment. And we'll move from there. Don't limit yourself. Dream big. That's what I tell my team.

-- Michigan State coach Mark Dantonio
    Dantonio agrees with that sentiment.

"I do believe, should Ohio State win, that they should represent in the national championship game," Dantonio said. "I think that when you have an undefeated football team, that's the right thing to do. ... That's my tip of the hat to Ohio State."

Dantonio also said he doesn't understand why the Spartans wouldn't be in contention for a spot in the title game if they were to beat the Buckeyes, assuming other chips fell in their favor as well.

"Why not us, if certain scenarios take place, which obviously last weekend you saw a lot of scenarios take place," Dantonio said. "There are no givens in college football. Anybody can rise up to beat someone else. That ball bounces a lot of different ways.

"The fact of the matter is we're 11-1 right now, we're playing in a championship environment. And we'll move from there. Don't limit yourself. Dream big. That's what I tell my football team."

For his part, Meyer has refused to enter into public debate about whether the Buckeyes deserve to play for the national title. On Monday, he said he might have something to add to the conversation after Saturday's game.

"I'll have a comment on Sunday," Meyer said. "We have to play a game. For someone to ask about something after this game, I mean, that's cheating our football team."

Any title game scenario for the Spartans would include them jumping eight spots in the BCS standings -- requiring not only a win over the Buckeyes but also several other highly ranked teams losing in their conference championship games.

Outside of Michigan State's loss to then-No. 22 Notre Dame, the Spartans have played only one other Top 25 team heading into the Big Ten title game. On Nov. 2, the Spartans beat then-No. 21 Michigan 29-6.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10073294/mark-dantonio-stumps-big-ten-champ-title-game
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    If MSU wins they deserve to play in the BCS National Championship. Real shit.

It's official:

2013 New Orleans Bowl - Tulane vs. Louisiana Lafayette