Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Ozzfest 2010 vs Mayhem 2010

Comments

• SGNL_05SGNL_05 Posts: 3,501 just the tip
    out of both festivals, i wouldve only cared to see Winds of Plague and Lamb of god...

so it wasnt worth for me to go.

no other comment other than fail lineups.

Korn, Ozzy, Crue need to hang it up already. Not sure on Halfords new shit...hell i couldnt even go to Ozzfest if i wanted to.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Ozzy, Crue need to hang it up already.
    Ozzy and Crue have gotten some of the best reviews at Ozzfest......
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    Whats your point? I still think they should hang it up.

Ozzy especially. he hasnt put anything good out in years. Sure hes more energetic, speaks clearer.. I still dont understand how he out lived Dio.
    He hasn't lost it live, apparently, so no, he'll probably go until he dies. Doesn't really matter how good or bad his recent material is as long as he plays his Sabbath stuff.
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Mayhem was awesome, but I really can't compare since I only saw 1/3 of Ozzfest.
    I love winning with women
    He hasn't lost it live, apparently, so no, he'll probably go until he dies. Doesn't really matter how good or bad his recent material is as long as he plays his Sabbath stuff.

to each their own. IMO he shouldve stopped a long time ago.

He will go aslong as sharon keeps making him make money.
    For the record, I haven't seen him live...just going off what I've read from every Ozzfest review I've seen on the interwebz. Everyone raved about Ozzy.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Ozzy is playing the best set he has in years. Why the fuck would he hang it up?
    edited August 2010
    For the record, I haven't seen him live...just going off what I've read from every Ozzfest review I've seen on the interwebz. Everyone raved about Ozzy.
    its because its Ozzy...ive seen him...i really dont need to see a 60 year old man in diapers hobbling on stage constantly repeating I CANT FUCKING HEAR YOU! over and over again. Ive seen it twice i dont need to again. Sure the band around him puts on a good show...but its kinda sad watching him up there...in my opinion...Sharon shouldnt be forcing him like that he should be chillin in a badass rocking chair. lol

im not denying him being one of the pioneers of metal as it is today, but he needed to call it quits years ago....its great that hes playing his best set in years...

im just voicing my opinion.
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Ozzy is not only doing better setwise but he is looking and sounding better. At Ozzfest 2007, I hate to admit it, but he sounded awful. He could barely hold the notes, and I told myself I would never see him again. But then I saw all of the videos from this year and saw the set and I knew I wanted to go. It's also nice to be able to enjoy a guitar/drum solo, rather than having a 10 minute pentatonic fest from Hack Mylde.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    Warped was better than both.

• Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
    Ozzy is playing the best set he has in years. Why the fuck would he hang it up?

This. I've seen Ozzy 28 times now and this latest Ozzfest was definitely one of his better performances. I've now seen him with every guitar player he's had.......Randy, Brad Gillis, Jake E. Lee, Joe Holmes, Zakk, Warren DiMartini, and now Gus G.
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited August 2010

you think hes doing it for the money? the man has a shit ton of money, and i hate when people say sharon forces him, gtfo, he does this shit becasue its what he does. he was the best out of all the bands i saw the other day, i dont care if he's in a wheel chair with a bladderbag, ozzy will still fucking play! thats metal! and to bitch about when he says "I CANT FUCKING HEAR YOU" i feel sad for you, not ozzy, when he says that it gets the crowd more pumped up then mostly any other thing i've seen or heard a band member do before. ozzy ftw, i hope he never stops, i've seen ozzy and sabbath a few times now and like alec said, he only seems to get better. he's on 61 btw, hes not 95 for fucks sake and i hope hes still going if he reaches 95. ozzy ftw!!!!!
    "I CANT FUCKING HEAR YOU"
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    i much rather have ozzy die on stage playing ozzfest or any live show, than be on those crappy TV shows. Long live the prince of darkness!
  • Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo

you think hes doing it for the money? the man has a shit ton of money, and i hate when people say sharon forces him, gtfo, he does this shit becasue its what he does. he was the best out of all the bands i saw the other day, i dont care if he's in a wheel chair with a bladderbag, ozzy will still fucking play! thats metal! and to bitch about when he says "I CANT FUCKING HEAR YOU" i feel sad for you, not ozzy, when he says that it gets the crowd more pumped up then mostly any other thing i've seen or heard a band member do before. ozzy ftw, i hope he never stops, i've seen ozzy and sabbath a few times now and like alec said, he only seems to get better. he's on 61 btw, hes not 95 for fucks sake and i hope hes still going if he reaches 95. ozzy ftw!!!!!

Well put, sir.
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    kataklysm > both
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    kataklysm > both
    lol
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    I have to admit, for the most part, Ozzy's voice sounds pretty good and I like how that kid didn't skip a beat when Ozzy lifted and lowered him.

Theres saying I cant fucking hear you to get a crowd pumped...

then theres the okay hes said it 50 times in the past 5 minutes. im not denying his ability to put on a great show, nor am i denying his credibility as a great musician.

all im saying is he hasnt put anything good out for several years, the times IVE seen him he was shitty live.

its Great that he puts on a good show now....maybe ill go see him again and it will change my mind.

I cant belive that someone cant have their own opinion anymore. its bullshit.