Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Ozzfest 2010 vs Mayhem 2010

laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
edited August 2010 in Off Topic
for people that went to both, compare them.

without making the weather a factor (beyond the control of the festivals)
what made Mayhem better:
1. 2 side stages with no breaks between bands
2. more festival type stuff to do
3. cheaper seats (for me anyways)
4. more bands to see
5. free programs / magazines
6. more signings
7. seeing Rob Zombie for the first time (missed him on ozzfest years ago)

What made Ozzfest better:
1. two metal legends, Ozzy and Halford
2. smaller crowd (more room to move around and short lines)
3. Tommy Lee having girls flash on command
4. Having Ozzy, Crue, Halford and Kingdom of Sorrow all give incredible performances
5. ending up in the center of a pit and not getting killed

Comments

• Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
    I enjoyed Ozzfest better as far as bands and crowds. Was able to go straight to the rail for both stages.
    Mayhemfest made me feel like I hadn't done anything but stand in line all day. Crowd was bigger but full of scenster kids.
    I give Ozzfest a slight edge this year.
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    edited August 2010
    I enjoyed Mayhem more, but only slightly more. I had a pit ticket for Mayhem and I had a giant group of friends I went with. It was hot, got sunburn, finally saw Chimaira and Korn, got Fieldy's pick. Overall, a great ass day.

Ozzfest--I very much enjoyed. It was my first time being at a rainy concert, and even though BLS was cancelled and I was freezing from being soaked while wearing a tank top, I had a blast. With only one friend there during the second stage bands, I was able to go crazy, dancing during Drowning Pool. Finally saw Goatwhore. Ozzy and the Crue were pristine.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    cant judge fairly due to weather but i still think i wouldve liked mayhem better, it just gives me a better vibe idk... plus even though mayhem is filled with little scenster kids ozzfest is filled with old toothless fighting douschbags
  • PrimalScream31PrimalScream31 Posts: 3,544 mod
    edited August 2010
    I didn't go to both so its hard for me to compare but just looking at the lineups then I like Mayhem better.

The only main stage acts on Ozzfest that I would have cared to see is Motley Crue and Halford but after reading all the bad things said about Halford then I'm not to sure about that anymore. Like many others I don't know a lot of Rob Halford's solo stuff and I would have been disappointed with him not playing any Priest.

I enjoyed all of the main stage acts on Mayhem and the Jager stage was kick ass with Shadows Fall,Chimaira and Hatebreed.

Plus not to mention that some of the Ozzfest fans have been fucked over by bands not playing and paying high prices for parking at some shows. This show seems like it was thrown together and poorly run.
    photo mayhemsignature2013_zps1209e6fd.jpg I wanna slit your throat and fuck the wound.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    It seems that more often than not, things went wrong at Ozzfest, so I agree with Primal on that it was probably hastily thrown together in an attempt to save their asses after they promised a huge return for Ozzfest this year.

That being said, I like Ozzfest's lineup better, and would have gone just for Ozzy, Halford, Skeletonwitch, and Kataklysm...
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Ozzfest is the winner by far in my opinion. It helps we didn't have any bands cancel on us.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • ComptonAssBertoComptonAssBerto Posts: 3,899 just the tip
    *remembers Shadows Fall and Winds of Plague*

Ah well. Shit happens.

I'd compare but hey Ozzfest came nowhere near.
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    Didn't go to either. Can't compare lol
    imageimage
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    mayhem for sure
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 10,361 balls deep
    Mayhem>ozzfest even though I didn't go
    Mayhem Denver '08, Albuquereque '09/'10/'11 2012 ????????? peyton manning broncos Pictures, Images and Photos
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I had a better time at Ozzest than I would have at Mayhem.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I had a better time at Ozzest than I would have at Mayhem.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    Well we'll never know that for sure. Idk which I'd have more fun at. From what I heard it sounds like ozzfest was kind of thrown together although it would be cool to see Ozzy since it seems like he actually did well which surprises me. As long as he doesn't have nasally vox then I'd have fun watching him.
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited August 2010
    i had a blast at both, i hope they continue to do both festivals.
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • CatzCatz Posts: 260
    lamez y00z need a boifriend that will take y00z placez
    Photobucket
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    lamez y00z need a boifriend that will take y00z placez
    If Ozzfest would have been better produced and hit more cities, I would have gone. Would have gone to Mayhem as well but not enough money and there was some complications
    imageimage
  • slip_knotslip_knot Posts: 512 juggalo
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Warped tour
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    I didnt go to Ozzfest but Mayhem has been my favorite show of the summer so id probly still like it