Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Interesting tale of morals at the local Wally World

Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
edited August 2010 in Off Topic
I went in to my local WalMart on Sunday to have some pictures put on photo discs and have a few prints made. My memory card contained photos from Iron Maiden, Mayhemfest, and Ozzfest. I chose the one hour option and went on about my business. When I returned to pick up my order I was told that WalMart would not sell me my order because the content was "morally objectionable". You heard me right. I went off. Spoke with the store manager who parroted the same response.
Monday I called the store manager and he said he would investigate. I felt like he was taking too long so I called his boss, the regional manager. I asked how is it possible for WalMart to dictate what is morally right or wrong to anybody. They replied it's our policy. I asked if they sold the DVD set for The Sopranos and was told they did. I advised her that it contained rape scenes. I asked if they sold the HBO series Oz and was told yes. I then advised her that it contained prison rapes throughout. She was dumbfounded. I was told that my order would be free and the employees involved would be written up and lose a day or so of pay.

The hypocrisy of WalMart is laughable. They will pay Guatamalen children 5 cents a week to make their shitty clothes, force employees to work overtime at no pay, edit virtually every CD that comes into their store, place brown paper covers on magazines such as Cosmopolitan so that we aren't exposed to cleavage, and to top it all off they are now dictating morals to potential customers. Fuck 'em. I'll not spend another dime there ever.

Comments