Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Transferring Music

13»

Comments

• GULCH_OF_ROTGULCH_OF_ROT Posts: 5,795 salt miner
    as long as it gets me on the internet i'm good with it. no viruses was just a plus
    I'M ASSUMING YOU DONT USE YOUR COMPUTER FOR WORK?
    i'm pursuing either Animation or music production which both of those can be really helped with mac. if i'm working on an animation then macs are built in with everything i need like Maya.
    THAT WAS MY DREAM WHEN I FIRST STARTING GOING TO SCHOOL

ANIMATION FOR VIOLENT BLOODY GOREY VIDEO GAMES

TODAY I AM ON MY WAY TO BECOMING A CIVIL ENGINEER

STRANGE HOW LIFE WORKS OUT
    macs are fucking nice they just take awhile to configure. i can't play many pc games now but i don't really play in the first place

eh im not too keen on Mac...i just dont see the hype..

to me Mac and PC are both pieces of shit...only one costs 3 times more then the other... <_> lol
    IF YOU DONT LIKE MAC AND YOU DONT LIKE PC

WHAT KIND OF COMPUTER DO YOU RUN?

i didnt say i dont like PC, i was raised on pc...but PC and mac are both pieces of shit....just like everything else in this world...lol

Im using a HP Pavilion dv6000 widescreen.
    I AM A DIE HARD P.C. FAN NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH A P.C. YET
  • cannibiscorpsecannibiscorpse Posts: 5,577 salt miner
    as long as it gets me on the internet i'm good with it. no viruses was just a plus
    i'm pursuing either Animation or music production which both of those can be really helped with mac. if i'm working on an animation then macs are built in with everything i need like Maya.

haha nice. civil engineering is pretty sick though. well paid and it seems pretty fun but really hard. My life revolves around music, business, and videogames so if the other two don't work out i can always end up in the business aspect of either of em
  • SGNL_05SGNL_05 Posts: 3,501 just the tip
    when i get the cash..this is replacing my Hp.\

http://www.toshibadirect.com/td/b2c/cdetland.to?poid=485057
    HOLY SHIT THATS ONE BIG SCREEN

MY NEW TOP IS ONLY 17"

haha nice. civil engineering is pretty sick though. well paid and it seems pretty fun but really hard. My life revolves around music, business, and videogames so if the other two don't work out i can always end up in the business aspect of either of em
    FOLLOW YOUR DREAM DONT FUCK UP LIKE I DID

NOT THAT THERE IS ANY WRONG WITH CIVIL ENGINEERING BUT VIDEO GAMES ARE WAY MORE FUN

FOLLOW YOUR DREAM DONT FUCK UP LIKE I DID

NOT THAT THERE IS ANY WRONG WITH CIVIL ENGINEERING BUT VIDEO GAMES ARE WAY MORE FUN
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    or if you have all your music on your ipod, put it on disk mode and copy the files to your new computer
    How exactly does this work?

IN ITUNES SET YOUR IPOD TO BE USED AS A DISK
    THEN IN YOUR FOLDER OPTIONS GO TO THE VEIW TAB AND ENABLE SHOW HIDDEN FILES
    THEN ACCESS YOUR IPOD FROM MY COMPUTER FIND THE MUSIC FOLDER AND VERIFY THAT IT IS THE SAME SIZE AS THE SPACE THAT YOUR MUSIC TAKES UP ON THE IPOD
    THEN COPY THAT FOLDER TO YOUR DESK TOP (THE FILES INSIDE OF THIS FOLDER WILL MAKE NO LOGICAL SENCE TO YOU BUT ITUNES WILL UNDERSTAND THE INFO)
    THEN OPEN ITUNES AND FILE ADD FOLDER TO LIBERTY AND CLICK ON COPIED FOLDER
    MIGHT BE A GOOD IDEA TO SET ITUNES TO COPY NEW MUSIC TO ITUNES MUSIC FOLDER AND LET ITUNES ORGANIZE YOUR MUSIC

THATS IT
    Now how would you get it from computer A to computer B?
  • SGNL_05SGNL_05 Posts: 3,501 just the tip
    or if you have all your music on your ipod, put it on disk mode and copy the files to your new computer
    THEN ACCESS YOUR IPOD FROM MY COMPUTER FIND THE MUSIC FOLDER AND VERIFY THAT IT IS THE SAME SIZE AS THE SPACE THAT YOUR MUSIC TAKES UP ON THE IPOD
    THEN COPY THAT FOLDER TO YOUR DESK TOP (THE FILES INSIDE OF THIS FOLDER WILL MAKE NO LOGICAL SENCE TO YOU BUT ITUNES WILL UNDERSTAND THE INFO)
    MIGHT BE A GOOD IDEA TO SET ITUNES TO COPY NEW MUSIC TO ITUNES MUSIC FOLDER AND LET ITUNES ORGANIZE YOUR MUSIC

THATS IT

hes saying open itunes on the new computer, hook up the ipod and THEN go through those steps..

THATS IT

hes saying open itunes on the new computer, hook up the ipod and THEN go through those steps..

THE WHOLE METHOD MENTIONED ABOVE BY ME ONLY WORKS IF ALL YOUR MUSIC IS ALL READY ON YOUR IPOD VIA ITUNES
    SO ALL ABOVE MENTIONED STEPS NEED TO BE DONE TO THE NEW COMPUTER

THATS IT

YOU DONT EVEN HAVE TO COPY THE FOLDER DOWN TO THE DESK TOP IF YOU HAVE YOUR ITUNES SET TO COPY MUSIC TO ITUNES FOLDER
    JUST GO TO FILE ADD FOLDER TO LIBRARY IN ITUNES AND LET ITUNES DO THE COPYING FOR YOU
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    edited August 2010
    Ahh I see what you're saying
    Ahh I see what you're saying
    COOLIO :D
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    We just got an old Mac desktop...a 2003. It's slow....
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • cannibiscorpsecannibiscorpse Posts: 5,577 salt miner
    well everything worked. it only took 2 hours to put all my music back into Itunes and get all my Album covers
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    *bookmarks thread for when I have to do this*
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    external harddrive
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?