Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official NBA Thread***

Comments

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod
    He signed a contract extension. It won't happen.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • TiddyTiddy Posts: 365
    the last i heard was he turned downa 3 yr extension, and won't sign one until he tates free agency.
    I checked, and it's still on the table. Either way, any rumor of anything happening in 2011 is garbage right now.
  • TiddyTiddy Posts: 365
    oh it's still out there? i thought he turned it down. Nevertheless, i highly doubt he extends his stay anytime soon.
    He's in a pretty good situation in Denver as long as Karl is able to coach.
    edited July 2010
    LeBron James is planning to announce the team with which he will sign during a one-hour special on ESPN Thursday night, ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard has learned through independent sources.

ESPN would only confirm that active discussions for the special are ongoing. But sources tell Broussard that representatives for James contacted the network, proposing that James makes his announcement during a 9 p.m. ET special.

Those sources said that James' representatives requested they be allowed to sell sponsorship for the one-hour special, with the proceeds going to the Boys and Girls Clubs of America, and that ESPN agreed to the proposal but had not been told what James has decided.

The NBA's most prized free agent opened a Twitter account on Tuesday and posted his first message on the social networking site. While he provided no information about his future plans, at least he offered something as the NBA awaits the decision on where he'll play next.

"Hello World, the Real King James is in the Building," said the tweet on the kingjames feed, which by 9 p.m. ET had more than 167,000 followers.

A TV special....I hate this guy.
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Fuck that, seriously. That is hands down the most retarded thing I have ever seen. I hate what America has become.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer
    edited July 2010
    By Chris Broussard
    ESPN The Magazine
    Archive

Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh are teaming up together on the Miami Heat, according to a person with knowledge of the situation.

Whether LeBron James, the kingpin of this summer's celebrated free agent class, will join them remains to be seen. James will announce his decision Thursday night at 9 ET during a one-hour special on ESPN.

Wade and Bosh are expected to announce their decision on Wednesday, according to the source.

James or not, the Heat could emerge as one of the top teams in the Eastern Conference with Wade and Bosh aboard. Wade, who led the Heat to the NBA title in 2006, is re-signing with the club, while Bosh will leave the Toronto Raptors after seven years with the club.

Both players are expected to get the maximum amount allowable under the league's collective bargaining agreement, though the addition of James could change the players' salaries. Contracts cannot be officially signed until July 8.

It was not immediately clear whether Bosh will sign with Miami outright or join the Heat through a sign-and-trade deal. Bosh could earn $125 million over six years via sign-and-trade, but only $96 million over five without it.

"Either way, he's definitely going to Miami," the source said.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5360134

so this just about guarantees he's leaving Cleveland with Bosh going to MIA unless they can land Boozer in Cle.

Leaves us with these scenarios........

LBJ/Stoudemire - NYK
    LBJ/Boozer - CHI
    LBJ/Boozer - CLE
    LBJ/Wade/Bosh - MIA

Post edited by NOLA on
  • NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer
    edited July 2010
    Could you imagine LeBron stabbing the Cleveland fans in the heart on national tv? That would be some great television, and I'd love every second of it.

Post edited by NOLA on
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    Tracey McGrady"

He's done.

Never had it to begin with, just a ball hog scorer that did absolutely nothing for his team, just like iverson

IMO thats not totally true.....t-mac has averaged about 22 points and 5 assists and 6 rebounds a game for his entire career......and was probably the best passing shooting guard when he was healthy
    A TV special....I hate this guy.

if hes making money for boys and girls club i dont see a problem with it....and im pretty sure the tv special was planned anyways and they just called espn and asked if they could do it on there
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    and was probably the best passing shooting guard when he was healthy

hahahahaha dude are u serious? tmac was a ball hog that shot dumb shots cuz he thought he was a superstar and would rather score 40 points than have his team win. if you gave me him for free on my team i wouldnt play him, those kind of players will kill your team unless you have absolutely no other supporting cast and he can do whatever he wants, but then you arent winning any chapionships. the only reason he got any assists is because he touched the ball on offense every time down, your bound to get some accidental assists that way...
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    What did I tell you J?

"What did I tell you J?"

I still think he's staying in Cleveland. You said he would go to Chicago, and look where that got you. Fail.
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    all this hype for everybody to stay in the same place

NBA fails
    theres only been one main free agent to stay at home....and he got bosh
    edited July 2010
    Bosh isn't THAT good...solid for sure, and he will be great with D-Wade, but a star in his own right? No.
    hes a 20 10 guy and he leads the league in post up free goal percentage.....and he has never really played with any really good player....IMO hes probably in the top 2-3 big men in the league
    edited July 2010
    Carlos Boozer is now a Chicago Bull. 5 years, $80 million.