Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official NBA Thread***

Comments

• MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,664 master of ceremonies
    So I totally thought the game was on Sunday and I come to see them get raped. I was like lolwut? FUUUUUUUUUUUU!

At least TX beat Kansas today to make up for the sadness I have.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    Watch UFC bitch!!!

FUUUUUUUUU! *switches*
    LOL AT PORTLAND BEATING SAN ANTONIO!!!!!!!

• Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Well you see, Marc was asleep.
    So that game doesnt count.
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
    Most likely that's the case

I don't even have to say anything. Edmund should already know :-))

I want to congratulate the Cleveland Cavaliers. You are officially the worst team in NBA history :-))
    Beat tough teams and don't give a fuck about weak teams.

Cleveland sucks

• HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers

Injuries have been a way of life for the Celtics all season long. Even when they found out Jermaine O'Neal would be out for six to eight weeks and Shaquille O'Neal would be out through the All-Star break, the Celtics were ready to plug along with the players they had. But after Marquis Daniels went down yesterday with a bruised spinal cord, leaving his status uncertain for the foreseeable future, Celtics coach Doc Rivers said the team may not have any other choice but to consider a roster move.

Lakers/Knicks in talks with Nuggets for Anthony

The Denver Nuggets have had preliminary discussions with the Los Angeles Lakers on a Carmelo Anthony trade, league sources told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard on Tuesday.

The Lakers' package would be built around center Andrew Bynum. Denver has no interest in Ron Artest and isn't particularly interested in Lamar Odom either, sources said. A straight-up deal of Bynum for Anthony works financially, but there could be other players involved since Denver would look to shed more salary if possible.

Sources described the talks as in their infancy, and a three-way deal between the Knicks, Nuggets and Wolves is very much alive. In fact, Madison Square Garden chairman James Dolan has had direct negotiations with Nuggets owner Stan Kroenke, according to the New York Daily News, indicating that talks have become more serious.

One stumbling block to a Nuggets-Knicks deal, however, is the health of New York forward Wilson Chandler. The Daily News reported Tuesday that he is experiencing discomfort in his surgically repaired left ankle. He has been mentioned as a key component in any deal.

Bynum is averaging 11.3 points and 7.4 rebounds per game in 27 games this season as he works his way back from injury. In five full seasons with Los Angeles, Bynum has averaged only 56 games per season due to injuries.

Anthony is coming off a 50-point, 11-rebound outing Monday, but the Nuggets lost to the Rockets.

Fuck that noise

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Bad trade would be bad.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    Damn. Even Detroit beat Cleveland.

I am shocked.....wow.

SALT LAKE CITY -- Hall of Famer Jerry Sloan stepped down Thursday after 23 seasons and 1,127 wins at the helm of the Utah Jazz, saying he simply ran out of energy to coach anymore.

"I had a feeling this time was the time to move on," an emotional Sloan said during a Thursday afternoon news conference. "[That's] a long time to be in one organization. Again, I've been blessed. Today is a new day. When I get this over with, I'll feel better. My time is up and it's time to move on."

Longtime assistant Phil Johnson also resigned, surprising even Sloan during their postgame chat Wednesday night with general manager Kevin O'Connor.

"I came with him and I'll leave with him," the 69-year-old Johnson said Thursday.

The two men agreed to sleep on their decisions Wednesday night at the request of team owners and O'Connor.

Nothing changed in the morning and Sloan reported sleeping better than he has in weeks. Asked what he'll do now, he didn't know, and said he expected to be a "dizzy duck" for a while.

Jazz CEO Greg Miller said he tried to talk Sloan out of retiring.

"I want to make it clear that nobody pushed Jerry or Phil out," Miller said. "I loved and respected Jerry for as long as I can remember ... I will miss him but benefit from the things he taught me for the rest of my life."

Jazz assistant Tyrone Corbin was named the new coach, and team officials made it clear there is no "interim" tag next to his name.
    Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa? I know the Jazz were going downhill and all, but they still are making the playoffs. Worst time to fuck the team over Jerry.
    This is because of the Deron Williams situation, surely....