Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official NBA Thread***

Comments

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod

Doesn't look like SVG to Detroit is a done deal yet anyway.

JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker

popavich and bellicheck do it as strategy tho

I think can gundy just doesn't know what he's talking about

• HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers

nola buggin....

SVG is what held that deamn team together. as soon as he left they fell the fuck apart yo. howard wasnt the best player in the league at the time gtfo here. howard can be a superstar if he plays to his potention and gundy's system is what kept him at the top of his game. trust me, comn from a fan of the shitty ass sixers and the only people we can get to coach are old benchwarmers, SVG would be a god send. I bet he would turn this struggle team around.

The Detroit Pistons have reached an agreement in principle with Stan Van Gundy to make him their new coach and president of basketball operations, according to sources with knowledge of the talks.

Sources told ESPN.com on Tuesday night that Van Gundy and the Pistons have verbally agreed to a five-year pact worth an estimated $35 million, with an official announcement on course for this week.

Well, he's our guy now.

Nola's wack. He's tops in the nba

• SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy

it just seems kinda like if you were gonna give the keys to your team to someone, it would be someone with a little more pedigree and/or league respect. I don't really have much opinion on the fag, but the friends I have that pay attn to NBA all just laugh at him. I'd rather give my team to Mark Jackson 

SVG's a goof, but still. Best coach we've had since Larry Brown. Mark Jackson had his own issues. At least SVG's won multiple playoff series.

y'all Wildn is kill for a couch like svg

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,593 spicy boy

He's a winner...teams gonna win 50 games next year 

How many games did Pistons win this year? 

sixes have been dealing with mcdonalds manager type coaches since Larry brown in 2001... Fuck bitches. Svg is an upgrade for detroit

it hurts me to even come in this thread cause my team has been a sweaty nut sack for most of my life. All I want is good basketball in Philly again

at least a contender. I'd be happy with not bottom of the barrel trash, this team used to be a stories franchise. Sick of the struggles.

SATAN said:

How many games did Pistons win this year? 

The Hawks have been either embarrassing or painfully mediocre most of my life, and specifically since they let Dominique Wilkins go. Despite that, they've actually had decent coaches for years now. Mike Woodson won more games every year he was here. Larry Drew won despite some crippling injuries and a lack of team heart. The early returns on Coach Bud are encouraging, despite the fact that making the playoffs when your team is in rebuilding mode is pretty frustrating. The problem here has been a lack of great players. This years team won mostly with a bunch of former second rounders. Most of the top 5 pics we've had over the last decade or so were squandered (is Shelden Williams even in the league now?) by Billy Knight's retarded ass. I keep hoping for more from the Hawks, but they always seem to be about 3 years away from contention at all times 

The East is up for grabs, especially if the Big 3 in Miami decide to split. Make the playoffs and it's a crapshoot. Atlanta's got a nice team, but it's concerning that Horford can't stay healthy.

With the same injury, no less

So, so frustrating

I looked it up. Shelden Williams is in China now :| Drafted 5th overall, 16 picks ahead of Rajon Rondo and 42 ahead of current Hawks star Paul Millsap. That's pretty much the Hawks draft history in a nutshell

Pistons should have signed Millsap instead of Smith....... :|

Josh is one of those dudes that, best case scenario, ends up on a good teams bench at the end of his line after wasting his prime years refusing his coaching

Considering his relationship with Dwight Howard, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Van Gundy's first order of business is to give him the boot