Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Mansfield Ozzfest

Comments

• Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
    I think they cancelled as well, John.
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    i saw the post in the other thread, but Goatwhore played at their scheduled time, so i figured a band played before them
  • Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
    It sux that the weather didn't cooperate with you guys. BLS actually put on a good show(the part I stayed for). DP was meh at best.
    BLS just announced a date in boston, maybe to make up for it. ticket prices are a little higher than i would pay. wish i could show my ozzfest ticket stub and gain admission that way
  • slip_knotslip_knot Posts: 512 juggalo
    edited August 2010
    What a shitty, rainy day weather-wise. I had a ton of fun for the bands that played, although I left after Nonpoint due to how bad the rain was. There was no way I could stay in my open air seat for 5 more hours after Nonpoint's set. I was soaked beyond belief, felt like I weighed double my weight.

Anyways, on to the show. We got there a little after 12:00, as the doors were opening. The line was small and we got in fast. The side stage area had a very small crowd at it, and as the time approached 12:45 and there was no band playing, I realized that Kataklysm dropped. Shit. However, 1:15 came and Goatwhore immediately took the stage. They got the crowd moving and played a great set. First time seeing them and they sounded awesome. Set might be a bit out of order. 8/10.

The All Destroying
    Provoking the Ritual of Death
    Carving Out the Eyes of God
    Reckoning of the Soul Made Godless
    This Passing Into Power of Demons
    Alchemy of the Black Sun Cult
    Apocalyptic Havoc

Saviours was up next. I personally thought that they kicked ass. They were awesome live, and it was fun to burn one to their music. The singer/guitarist looked drunk out of his mind but they still played perfectly. The set is incomplete and out of order, but this is what I could come up with. 9/10.

Circle of Servants Bodies
    Narcotic Sea
    Crucifire
    Slave to the Hex
    F.G.T.
    We Roam

Skeletonwitch took the stage after Saviours and they were pretty sick. The crowd was into it, and they flew through a quick, yet punishing, set. 8/10.

Submit to the Suffering
    Upon Wings of Black
    Strangled by Unseen Hands
    Beyond the Permafrost
    Crushed Beyond Dust
    Within My Blood

Kingdom of Sorrow was after Skeletonwitch and all I can say is WOW. Fantastic set, they got the crowd going crazy, and Jamey Jasta once again proved how great of a frontman he truly is. Excellent set, turned out to be my favorite of the day. 9.5/10

Begging for the Truth
    Behind the Blackest Tears
    Led Into Demise
    Grieve a Lifetime
    Enlightened to Extinction
    Monuments of Ash
    Free the Fallen
    Buried in Black

After Kingdom of Sorrow, everyone was standing around for an hour, wondering when Drowning Pool would play...when they announced they were closing the side stage and that we all had to move to the main stage. I thought it was bullshit, the rain wasn't unbearable at that point but for "safety reasons" they closed the stage. No Drowning Pool or BLS.

During the hour wait until Nonpoint was supposed to take the stage, the rain started coming down extremely hard. I was drenched and pissed sitting in my open air seat, and Nonpoint's set dragged on and on. I was actually kind of looking forward to seeing them, but the rain made their set miserable. I did think that getting members of Drowning Pool on stage to play Bodies was pretty cool. 5/10.

???
    Mindtrip
    The Wreckoning
    Miracle
    Bodies (with members of Drowning Pool)
    Bullet With a Name

After Nonpoint it was a group decision to call it a day. We all really wanted to see Ozzy but decided that it wasn't worth sitting in the pouring rain for 5 more hours. So we left right after Nonpoint finished, along with several other people in the same boat as us.

All in all, the day was definitely worth 10 bucks. Although it sucked that bands dropped and that I left early, I enjoyed myself thoroughly until I was so wet that I couldn't stand it anymore. If there's an Ozzfest 2011, I'll definitely be going. Let's hope for better weather next year though.
    Post edited by slip_knot on
    i think if i didn't have covered seats i would have left early to
    and whats amazing is that i know a few people that left very early, but the place still got packed for Crue and Ozzy
    Yeah, it was miserable in the uncovered seats. I couldn't take anymore of it...not a big deal though, I'll be able to see Ozzy soon I'm sure.
  • JormungandrJormungandr Posts: 1,971 juggalo
    I missed Goatwhore and Kataklysm. Skeletonwitch was great, and so was Halford. The whole mainstage was miserable, except when people were mud wrestling up in the lawn.
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Sorry about the rain guys...
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    Jorm....did u end up staying for Ozzy?
    Kataklysm didn't even play for some reason. The rain wasn't that bad when they were supposed to play.
    I put Goatwhore, Saviours, Skeletonwitch, and Kingdom of Sorrow videos on Youtube. My username is redsox34245
  • SGNL_05SGNL_05 Posts: 3,501 just the tip
    edited August 2010
    BUY A PONCHO!

its like a couple bucks..you can get a black one and make it totally bruutuhlz.
    I put Goatwhore, Saviours, Skeletonwitch, and Kingdom of Sorrow videos on Youtube. My username is redsox34245
    i dont see myself, but i'm by the left side monster banner (facing the stage)
    video of nonpoint and drowning pool doing Bodies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTSjVCuVKfk
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    video of nonpoint and drowning pool doing Bodies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTSjVCuVKfk

Very very nice. That's the song I enjoyed most at Camden's Mayhem....it was the height of the rain, lightning and all, bodies crawling over my head, rain blurring my vision...it was epic.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
    someone video taped the mud pit. not that good of quality, but watchable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SQVZbxqpSI
  • JormungandrJormungandr Posts: 1,971 juggalo
    Jorm....did u end up staying for Ozzy?
    Nope. Left during crue. I got some mild hypothermia lol
    yep, was a bit cold. I left midway during Ozzy. My body had enough. I really enjoyed his set up to that point, but i thought sitting in the car with the heat cranked would feel really good