Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Mansfield Ozzfest

Comments

• KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    edited August 2010
    The crowd was small till Motley Crue came on but rabid. It was a little hot till it starting pouring during Drowning Pool. Crowdsurfers galore. And yes, the worst part of the day was BLS not playing. The mud-mosh pit on the lawn during Devildriver was awesomely hilarious. Shit ton of people got thrown off the lawn and out of the show.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    sounds like you had fun...can't wait to read your whole review in the other thread :)
    Yeah, I'm uploading the few pictures I got before the downpour but I can't find Drowning Pool's setlist online so I have to do it from memory.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
    MAIN STAGE
    Ozzy 9:15 pm
    Motley Crue 7:45 pm
    Halford 6:40 pm
    DevilDriver 5:45 pm
    Nonpoint 5:05 pm

Monster Energy 2ND STAGE
    Black Label Society 4:25 pm
    Drowning Pool 3:35 pm
    Kingdom of Sorrow 2:50 pm
    Skeletonwitch 2:15 pm
    Saviours 1:45 pm
    Goatwhore 1:15 pm
    Kataklysm 12:45 pm
    gates open 12:00 pm
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    i will be arriving for the the gates opening for prob the first time in my life tomm lol FUCKING OZZFEST!!!!!
  • slip_knotslip_knot Posts: 512 juggalo
    Leaving in about 30 minutes! It's gonna be awesome!
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    have fun, it was a kickass time! tell me how BLS was since we missed them here.
    i'm leaving in about an hour. because of the rain, i will be wearing a hooded pats sweatshirt over my Dio shirt
  • JormungandrJormungandr Posts: 1,971 juggalo
    I'm heading over soon!
  • JormungandrJormungandr Posts: 1,971 juggalo
    edited August 2010
    Wearing a Bathory - Twilight of the Gods shirt, or my Gojira hoodie.
    from facebook:
    Show Cancelled for
    KATAKLYSM @ OZZFEST today.. due to heavy rain in accordance with
    electronic equipement compliance ( in other words we could get
    electrocuted and damage all our shit) sorry guys.. we will do a meet
    and greet tho at 3.15 pm at Hatewear booth!
    from facebook:
    Show Cancelled for
    KATAKLYSM @ OZZFEST today.. due to heavy rain in accordance with
    electronic equipement compliance ( in other words we could get
    electrocuted and damage all our shit) sorry guys.. we will do a meet
    and greet tho at 3.15 pm at Hatewear booth!
    Yeah, I just read that too.
    anyone make it through this shitty fucking day?? lol
    yes, i stayed thru ozzy. got there for Goatwhore's intro, around 1PM. Stood in front of the side stage like an idiot for about 30 minutes after Kingdom of Sorrow.
    Ozzfest August 24th Mansfield Review

I had to meet my brother-in-law before the show to give him his ticket, which got me there a little late. It was cold and rainy. I was wearing my Patriots hooded sweatshirt to try and keep dry. Forecast was for off and on light rain, but it rained the whole time. I ended up spending the day by myself (brother-in-law ditched me) and did not see anyone from the boards there. My first impression when i saw the second stage area (at 1:05PM when i got there), was what a difference from Mayhem. Very empty. not many tents set up, and only a couple hundred people. I am not including set lists because they've allready been included in all other reviews.

Goatwhore: Enjoyed their set. They had a lot of energy and their songs were really good. Never really listened to them before, but they got my attention. 7/10

Saviors: Singer was definately drunk. Got to extend their set by one song, not sure why. They were heading off the stage and told they had one more. Thought they were OK. Got my head bobbing up and down, but thats about it. 4/10

Skeletonwitch: Thought the singer was funny. Kept on randomly saying words, like the occasional "love pussy". Musically, thought they were much better than Saviors, but not as good as Goatwhore. 6/10

Kingdom Of Sorrow: Extremely impressed with them. Kept on hearing how bad they would be without Kirk, but i thought they were the best on the 2nd stage. At one point got sucked into the pit. I usually stick to the borders. Made up for missing Hatebreed at Mayhem: 9/10

Drowning Pool / BLS: cancelled due to rain. Made us wait awhile before telling us. I figured it out before most people, went to the main stage and sat for the hour, waiting for nonpoint.

Nonpoint: Meh, didnt really care for their set. They get bonus points though for having Drowning Pool come up and play Bodies with them: 6/10

Devildriver: i was still in a funk from being wet, cold and pissed about BLS, so really didnt enjoy their set. other people around me did, and they weren't as bad as Saviors or nonpoint, so i'll give them a 6/10

Halford: Man can still sing. Enjoyed his set, but will admit it got a bit boring. First half had a lot more energy than the second half. Crowd didn't really dig it. Didn't really understand why, thought the band sounded great and his voice was top notch. Played Never Satified by JP and Nailed to the Gun by Fight. Halford's birthday is today, so they had a cake for him afterwards. 9/10

Motley Crue: tons better than the last couple times i saw them. Vince's voice was annoying me. Kept on singing every other word, like he was bored. Band sounded awesome. Tommy improvised when they had trouble with the piano before home sweet home by having women flash (no titty cam). Tommy, great as always on drums. Nicki fell down during MF of the year, got back up like nothing happened.
    Mick looked and sounded a lot better than the last time i saw him. Loved the set, even though 3 songs from Dr Feelgood is too much, and 2 from saints is also too much. Would have liked more from the first 2 CD's: 9/10

Ozzy - totally shocked. Last time i saw him was in 2006 and he was horrible. He looks like a new man. Voice was spot on. Had tons on energy. intro video was entertaining. Crowd was really into and rightfully so. Gus did a great job on guitar. 10/10
    edited August 2010
    6/10 for skelentonwitch, i thought they sounded great..... i was looking for you or jorm at side stage but i didnt see anyone. still feel like shit from weather....
    edited August 2010
    yea man, ozzy seemed more energetic, i guess healthier, a new man!
    6/10 for skelentonwitch, i thought they sounded great..... i was looking for you or jorm at side stage but i didnt see anyone. still feel like shit from weather....
    Facing the stage, i was to the left, a couple people away from the rail. It was tough to find anyone. i didnt want to get my cell wet, so i didnt keep in contact with anyone, kept in in my pocket.

as far as the Skeletonwitch review, i am not really into their style of music. I thought they sounded better than Saviors, but not as good as Goatwhore, so i gave them a number in the middle.
    yea man, ozzy seemed more energetic, i guess healthier, a new man!
    yes, he does.
    nola, did Kataklysm play? I heard they didn't, but i didnt show up until goatwhore was being introduced