Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

nfl HOF

Comments

• PrimalScream31PrimalScream31 Posts: 3,544 mod
    I didn't google long and I found a couple things that I remember from a few different sites.

"Barry Sanders has formally offered to repay his signing bonus if the Detroit Lions will release or trade him this season, according to his agent. The Lions have refused."

"Several years after retirement, and repeated refusals to discuss the abruptness of it, Sanders finally admitted that the culture of losing in the Lions' organization was too much to deal with even though he said that he could still play. He explained that it robbed him of his competitive spirit, and he saw no reason to believe things were going to improve. He also stated that there were tears in his eyes as the Lions lost the final game of his career the season before he left, because he knew in his heart he was never going to play another NFL game - "I sobbed for 3 months."

The media for this stuff wasn't as big as it is now. If this was today you'd be able to find all of this shit on youtube.

I remember him saying this.

Barry Sanders was a great player. No one is saying that he wasn't.
    photo mayhemsignature2013_zps1209e6fd.jpg I wanna slit your throat and fuck the wound.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,596 spicy boy
    barry was the most exciting and best running back to play the game.....and arguing over if he asked for a trade or not is an argument no one can win....he never came out and asked for one and it can't be proven or dis proven
    Its a fact that he asked for a trade. I remember and I'm not the only one. Barry wasn't the type to whine and cry to the media anyway,that was his agents job.

I don't think he was the best ever but he is top 5. He was a very exciting player to watch, I'll give you that.

Like I've said many times its hard to say someone is the best ever when they up and just quit because he couldn't get his way.
    photo mayhemsignature2013_zps1209e6fd.jpg I wanna slit your throat and fuck the wound.
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Emmit Smith > Barry Sanders
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
    from 1990 to 1998 is 13799 yards for barry 12566 for emmit....barry and jim brown are the only players to ever average 5.0 yards per carry....and emmit was on a better team...oh and barry rushed for 2000.....barry>>>>>emmit
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    edited August 2010
    From what I've read, it seems pretty obvious. He asked to be released or traded, and in return he would give back his bonus. In the end he did give back his bonus, because he got the fuck out. He was great theres no denying it, so why this is a big deal NOW, I don't know.

Emmitt > Barry I can agree. Dude almost broke 1,000 yards in his FIFTEENTH year, and he didn't play one of the sixteen games. Yes I just looked that up.
    image Photobucket
    yards per attempt...barry 5.0....emmit 4.2

yards per game ...barry 99.8...emmit 88.2

the only thing emmit has barry on is TD and rings.....and barry was taken out when they were within the 15 for god know what stupid reason they had....and he didn't play on nearly the teams emmit had...reason for not having the rings

barry>>>emmit
    edited August 2010
    Emmitt Smith is the ONLY running back to ever win a Super Bowl championship, the NFL Most Valuable Player award, the NFL rushing crown, and the Super Bowl Most Valuable Player award all in the same season.

18,533 yards will never be broken in my opinion.

Congrats to the NFL's all time leading rusher for making the Hall Of Fame.

The Triplets are back together again!
    Rex,since you're comparing stats how about comparing HEART.

:o)
    18,533 will be broken sometime in the next 20-30 years...every record is made to be broken
    hahahahaha barry had heart to....but 10 years of loosing and no reason for it to look better will get to you man....but any ways...congrats to emmit and the rest of the class
    I don't think that record will be broken. No running back gets that many carries anymore for that long of a time.

The only thing that could help a player break that record is adding 2 more games to the season and I still don't think that will happen.
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    18,533 will be broken sometime in the next 20-30 years...every record is made to be broken
    I dunno man...

The longevity of RBs on the way down, the rise of the complementary back...

Not looking good...
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    theres only 2 records i consider being unbreakable in sports....cal ripken juniors games played...and cy youngs 511 wins
    StarStruck Graphics
    Bret favres record for consecutive games played will never be broken.

Peyton has a shot even though I don't think he'll get there.
    peyton i think will break it if farve leaves after this year
    StarStruck Graphics
    OH and I'd also like to add that Emmitt Smith is the ONLY NFL player to win Dancing With The Stars! LMAO

:o)