Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Only Punk band I like.

Comments

• BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CiZP3_rFxk

The votes are in, America has spoken. It's a yes!
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    EVERY thrash band?... maybe you should learn YOUR shit brah
    Yes. Every thrash band owes a debt to punk. The tempo that most thrash uses is one that punk had been doing years prior. You may find a song or two that breaks this rule, but that doesnt mean that the band doesnt have punk influences.
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Punk just ain't how it used to be.

Rancid, Ramones, The Clash, The Addicts, Misfits... it's just not the same.

Gallows is alright, but The Offspring are still my favorite.
    I love winning with women
  • sbs_willsbs_will Posts: 18,648 salt miner
    edited July 2010
    Anti-Clockwise, The Ramones, The Clash, The Casualties, The Misfits, Black Flag
  • TravisTravis Posts: 4,971 balls deep
    .....okokokokok, Black Flag, Sick of It All, Misfits, Dead Fucking Last, EARLY Pennywise (maybe), Dead Kennedys.....
    ......oh yeah DRI/
  • PraisetheUPraisetheU Posts: 130
    The Ramones,
    I HATE when people do this, It was never THE Ramones. Always Ramones. Just sayin
    The name was just Ramones, but they were the Ramones.

They never said "Hey I'm Joey from Ramones."
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    But on albums neverhad THE. But Will has an idea what he is talking about, at least he listed other punk bands, meanwhile half the population out there just picks up a Ramones shirt in some hot topic and only knows 'Blitzkrieg Bop.' and theyre punk, bitches
    I know the albums never had "the" that's why I said the name was just Ramones.

And yes, half the people who wear Ramones shirts don't have a fucking clue. Just like Misfits shirts...faggot Jerry Lonely.
    Every time, the Jerry Only project comes to Culture Room, I dont know how people stand it, but it always sells out.
    It's just bad. Maybe I would tolerate it if he at least played the songs at the correct speed, but they just play them too fucking fast. Misfits songs weren't meant to be fast unless they were fast on the record. No one wants to hear Hybrid Moments in under a minute.
    oh yeah, cant forget about Dead Kennedys
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited August 2010
    i saw theis band Underdog last night in asbury park at the stony pony! so much fun! great live show! the crowd was real into it! cant wait to see them again, they reminded me of negative approach, madball, agnostic front, the casulties, ect. i would definately reccomend anyone to see this band even if youre not into the music too much, the show itself(thecrowd) was alot of fun! the last 2 vids are from last night, but the video quality sucks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfIX9Ry1YEw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuxiFrM9B8U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPSxlQbfK7c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3xsBvK0kqk
    But on albums neverhad THE. But Will has an idea what he is talking about, at least he listed other punk bands, meanwhile half the population out there just picks up a Ramones shirt in some hot topic and only knows 'Blitzkrieg Bop.' and theyre punk, bitches
    I HATE when people do that, not just the Ramones, but with any other band as well. Even worse is people who dont even know the band, but just buy a shirt of them because it looks cool.

On that note, I hate it when something like THIS happens. I can do this with a lot of bands.

Me: Okay, do you like Slayer?
    Anybody: I only know one song by them but I like it a lot.
    Me: Let me guess. It's Raining Blood, right?
    Anybody: Yeah, haha.
    Me: Know how I know?
    Anybody: How?
    Me: Guitar Hero.
    Anybody: Yeah, haha.
    Yeah.

Limewire has also fucked shit up. I had some idiot in my class who had a bunch of well known rock songs on his ipod and he had the wrong names for the artists because of mislabeling.

Examples:
    Quiet Riot - Cum On Feel The Noize (He thought it was Twisted Sister)
    Dire Straits - Money For Nothing (He thought it was ZZ Top)

And lets not forget the endless vids on youtube of fake Bodom covers
    edited August 2010
    Limewire destroyed my old computer.

New years eve, couple years ago. My mom made me look after her friends kid, a 10 year old rock fan. I had limewire, but my computer was starting to be affected by it, so as a rule, I told him not to use Limewire because it was starting to fuck up my computer.

He tried to download 20 Atreyu songs at the same time. Needless to say, It crashed my computer, and wouldnt start up right again. Not until getting the harddrive completely wiped clean and installed into a new computer.

It didnt matter, since a power surge would fry that computer for good later on anyway. Somehow the surge protector didnt save it.
    Did his parents beat his ass?

If not, terrible parents.
    Did his parents beat his ass?

If not, terrible parents.
    He was issued a Punish Fucking.....