Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

New CDs and bands blowing off your area

laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
edited July 2010 in Off Topic
Iron Maiden is one of my favorite bands, coming out with a new CD, but i don't care because they are blowing off touring my area. Avenged Sevenfold is coming to my area and i am excited about their new CD. Anyone else go thru this? Not care about CD's from bands you like because of not playing shows in your area, versus getting excited for Cd's by bands that are just OK, because you are seeing them live?

Comments

• SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    For bands that I sorta like, sure. But for Maiden I think I would be excited either way. If they didn't come here and Stone Sour is later this summer, I think I would still be really excited to hear the new Maiden and new Stone Sour but I would be more excited for Maiden cuz I like them more
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    The Haunted hasn't been here since 2006. Complete bullshit.
    I love winning with women
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Iron Maiden is one of my favorite bands, coming out with a new CD, but i don't care because they are blowing off touring my area. Avenged Sevenfold is coming to my area and i am excited about their new CD. Anyone else go thru this? Not care about CD's from bands you like because of not playing shows in your area, versus getting excited for Cd's by bands that are just OK, because you are seeing them live?
    If they aren't back to Boston during the legitimate album tour, I'll be quite surprised.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 10,361 balls deep
    Dude the last concert we had here was...

Shit....

Korn?? Like 4 months ago
    I never get anything here:(
    Mayhem Denver '08, Albuquereque '09/'10/'11 2012 ????????? peyton manning broncos Pictures, Images and Photos
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    i guess i am spoiled being in Boston. Just weird that the trend is a lot of bands not playing the area
    If they aren't back to Boston during the legitimate album tour, I'll be quite surprised.
    You think they'll tour the world and then come back to the US by next summer? I was wondering when they'll start the world tour cuz I'd definitely love to see them once the album comes out
    The general rumor consensus is that they will take a month or two off after the summer festivals, then tour some more of Europe, then Asia, Latin America, then the US again by September 2011. Or some combination of that. Maybe Asia after Latin America and US...
    So it's nothing official but it seem likely huh? I'd hope it's another summer tour for the US
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 10,361 balls deep
    Mayhem Fest 2012
    Mayhem Denver '08, Albuquereque '09/'10/'11 2012 ????????? peyton manning broncos Pictures, Images and Photos
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Maiden didn't really do a legitimate album tour for Dance of Death in the US after it came out...but I wouldn't be surprised, since this tour was their biggest here in years and it was incredibly successful.

Stone Sour and Disturbed aren't coming here for Uproar, but they'll be around eventually and I'm looking forward to both their albums. Rush is skipping us, but they have a second, more extensive leg coming up next year supporting their upcoming new album, so I'm assuming they'll stop here then. For me, whether a band decides to blow off my area doesn't affect what I listen to at home. It's nothing personal if a band skips your area for one leg of a tour.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    I wonder why this is the biggest tour they've had in years
  • GULCH_OF_ROTGULCH_OF_ROT Posts: 5,795 salt miner
    I LIVE ON MAUI NO SHOWS EVER

*CRYS A LOT*
  • Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip
    I think the flight 666 documentary really helped bring intrest back into the band for alot of people. I'm guessing the somewhere in time tour in general helped too but i'm sure certain towns/citys did better then others
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    Avenged Sevenfold :D

• NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
  • balanced_void91balanced_void91 Posts: 2,782 balls deep
    almost every major metal tour blows off Iowa, all we get is shitty nu metal and Emmure
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    PM5K and Reverend Horton Heat do shows here about four times a year. I've yet to go to one of either.
    I love winning with women
    PM5K and Reverend Horton Heat do shows here about four times a year. I've yet to go to one of either.
    Good.
    Yeah, they've recently gotten extremely popular in the US.
    edited July 2010
    Being serious? Cuz it seems like this tour is a lot of peoples first Maiden show
    Yes, unless I'm mistaken, there wasn't too much of a young Maiden following in the 90's, but there's been a lot of it in the late 00's.