Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Say Something Random (NSFW)

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    I dont know much about macs, but to me it sounds like thats the hard drive taking a shit on you. 

Could you just replace it if that ends up being the issue? 
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    I dont know much about macs, but to me it sounds like thats the hard drive taking a shit on you. 

Could you just replace it if that ends up being the issue? 
    Yea I can upgrade to a 3TB fusion drive. Idk if it’s actually going bad, but I only have like 120GB left. That’s still a decent amount, but I have a 1TB HD, so that’s still 88% full.
    Yeah, like i mentioned above i dont really know anything about macs, but ive had past pc’s here at work that their hard drive slowly started dying and it had similar start up and program issues you are describing. 

Hopefully geek squad will at least be able to tell you exactly whats wrong with it. 
    That’s another thing too, the only upgrade on the iMac easily doable by user is the RAM. The processor and hard drive both require taking the screen off and you can very easily brick the whole computer if you’re not really advanced wit that type of shit. So I personally couldn’t do it, and if Geek Squad or some other computer shop don’t offer that kind of installation as a service, then I literally can’t even upgrade it and will be forced to go brand new. So I’ll definitely have to talk to them about that when I go to pick it up.
  • ThatGuyArloThatGuyArlo Posts: 1,430 jayfacer
    I get about 2-3 scam calls per day on my cellphone. Always telling me I've "been selected" to go to some resort or whatever. Well now I figured I'd have some fun with it if it won't stop and I wait to get connected to a real person. I don't really have a plan, I usually just tell them to fuck off or whatever, but it gives me a bit of enjoyment for that moment. 
  • Number1RamsFanNumber1RamsFan Posts: 9,355 destroyer of motherfuckers
    We've been trying to reach the vehicle owner about your extended warranty 
    At least twice a day
    My favorite one is when i get a call about my student loan debt when i have never taken a college credit =))

My favorite one is when i get a call about my student loan debt when i have never taken a college credit =))

• LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I typically use the block phone number feature on iPhone when it’s bullshit. I have 44 numbers I’ve blocked in the last year or so.
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    I was getting about 12 a day. Added myself to the do not call list. Was good for a while. 

Now Im back to getting like 5 a day
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    edited February 2021
    Welp, $2800 later, I jus copped the AlienWare. I pick it up tomorrow. Stupid hype to try it out.

Picked my Mac up today and they said Apple doesn’t allow them to open Macs up, so I couldn’t even have them upgrade it. And IF an Apple Store would do it, it would end up being $1200-$1300 after labor jus to upgrade it. At that rate, might as well go new, so that’s what I did. Will be amazing to be back up to speed and have full access to my DAW again.
    Welp, $2800 later, I jus copped the AlienWare. I pick it up tomorrow. Stupid hype to try it out.

Picked my Mac up today and they said Apple doesn’t allow them to open Macs up, so I couldn’t even have them upgrade it. And IF an Apple Store would do it, it would end up being $1200-$1300 after labor jus to upgrade it. At that rate, might as well go new, so that’s what I did. Will be amazing to be back up to speed and have full access to my DAW again.
    What DAW do you use again?

What DAW do you use again?
    Cubase. Jus upgraded to 11 too.
    This is why I condone piracy now. These service providers are ass, and the oversaturation of streaming platforms has made watching things expensive, annoying, and difficult. 

Welcome to Joe Biden's America 
    Nvm, the AlienWare doesn’t have Thunderbolt. My entire recording rig runs off Thunderbolt. There’s very few PCs that have it, so gotta stick wit Mac. Cancelled the order and bout to order a new iMac instead.
    Lehgooooo. Upgraded the processor to the highest available and upgraded the SSD to 2TB. (Standard is 512GB.) The 2TB should be more than enough. My old Mac was a 1TB HD, so the upgrade alone from HD to SSD will be huge, plus it’s double the space. I technically had 300+ GB left on my old one. I said 120GB, but I have a partition running Windows on my old one that took up 200GB. That partition won’t be on here, so realistically I had only used up 700GB of a TB in 7 years time. I’ll be good for more than a while and I’m gonna be smarter wit space management and move all old music projects that barely get opened to my external, and try to keep only the current projects that I’m working on on my actual SSD. The RAM is only 8GB, but it’s upgradable up to 128GB. RAM is the one thing easily upgradable by user on a Mac, so I’ll do that later on. It’s $600 if I cop the cards and do it myself. Apple was talmbout an extra $2,600 if I had it shipped out wit 128GB lmao suck my dick.

Nvm, the AlienWare doesn’t have Thunderbolt. My entire recording rig runs off Thunderbolt. There’s very few PCs that have it, so gotta stick wit Mac. Cancelled the order and bout to order a new iMac instead.

Oh yea, thats a Mac thing.