Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Say Something Random (NSFW)

Comments

• XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    I used to use "smart pay" at a local gas station chain called Cumberland Farms (like Wawa or Sheetz) when I got gas. I would pay through my phone but sometimes it would be crazy delayed from taking it out of my account. Well it took so long at one point I forgot that they hadn't taken out the money yet and didn't leave enough in to cover it. Didn't look at my account for a few days and Cumbies had gone OD trying to get the money out of my account (it was getting rejected instead of giving them the money and charging me) and they threw a crazy fee at me every time it was rejected. Wound up being negative like 5x what the charge even was, and hadn't even paid them for it lmao. I went into BoA to deposit money but also try and get rid of some of the fees but they wouldn't, so I just paid what I owed closed the account and took my money across the street lol
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Honestly, no one should use big banks. They're greedy as fuck. I'd rank it as Local Credit Unions > National or Regional Credit Unions > Local banks > No bank account >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Large bank chains

All the big banks have gotten caught opening extra accounts and credit cards and lines of credit for people without asking them, opening accounts in the name of dead people, foreclosing on peoples homes early or incorrectly, and a bunch of other shady shit. I'd go cash only before I used a big bank. I know some people say they've had no issues with them, but I'm not one to risk it
  • Number1RamsFanNumber1RamsFan Posts: 9,355 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Yeah I've heard Wells Fargo pulls some shit like that. Id prolly switch to State Employees Credit Union if I had the time but I don't think they're open on Saturdays. I've been with WF since I was 18 and never got around to switching. 
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Who do yall bank with and how well
    do you like it.

im going through a very frustrating situation with Chase. My debit card expired, so they converted my checking into some new named checking they have, and sent me a debit card.

well for some reason they sent me a card with the exact same number i had before, and they must have realized it was a mistake, because before i even opened the mail and then went to activate it at an atm, they cancelled the card and deactivated my Previous  Card from being attached to my account.

so basically i have no way to use my account except for payments with routing/accounting. 

Now i cant get through to anyone. Everyone i talk to is working from home with shitty reception that cuts out and i cant understand what they are saying. 

So i called my local office and they took my number and called me while i was driving so they left a message. I have called this guy back 5 times today and gotten voicemail each time. 

Probably finna close my account. I am irate af
    I’m in love with my bank. I have a Charles Schwab high yield checking account. It requires having a brokerage account also. No physical branches but no ATM fees at any ATM and no foreign transaction fees. It’s the greatest checking account ever 
  • Number1RamsFanNumber1RamsFan Posts: 9,355 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Charles Schwab is gay

You are gay
    Doesn't that Charles Schwab checking account earn like .03% APR?

@Rex_Capone420 go with a Credit Union dude. The one i work for and have my accounts at pays 2.25% interest on a checking account. No fees, no bullshit. Your results may vary with a local one but its worth a look 
    idc what interest my checking account earns... i keep most of my money vested in the market. The no foreign transaction fees are huge if you travel internationally. It’s literally the cheapest way to get currency in a different country. You pay whatever the actual conversion rate is at time of withdrawal with no fees. It’s awesome 
    idc what interest my checking account earns... i keep most of my money vested in the market. The no foreign transaction fees are huge if you travel internationally. It’s literally the cheapest way to get currency in a different country. You pay whatever the actual conversion rate is at time of withdrawal with no fees. It’s awesome 
    Yeah I'm sure Rex doesn't give a shit about foreign transaction fees. 

I just find it funny that they call it a high yield savings account when it yields literal pennies on the dollar. Much better options out there
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    edited August 2020
    SoundCloud Pro is $144 a year lmaooo. That is absolutely mental. I was looking into it, it used to be $50 a year. The only real difference between a free account and a Pro account, is that Pro has unlimited storage. Free only allows up to 3 hours total of music to be posted. And then on Pro, you can see all of your detailed stats. Where every listener is from, all of your top listening countries in order, etc. On free, you can only see your #1 listener, #1 city, #1 country, but only the absolute top, none of the rest. 

But for $144 a year there’s jus no fucking way. I pay United Masters $60 a year. They’re my distributor. And for $60 a year they put you on Apple Music, Spotify, Tidal, Pandora, Amazon Music, YouTube, etc., among other random shit like TikTok and Instagram. Unlimited releases yearly. Wit detailed stats for all of them, as well as a financial tracker for all your royalties. 

Im’ma pay $144 a year for jus the ONE platform? Whoever thought that one up shot themselves in the foot. No wonder everybody abandoned SoundCloud. And they prolly raised the price out of desperation, but that only hurt them worse.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    SoundCloud Pro is $144 a year lmaooo. That is absolutely mental. I was looking into it, it used to be $50 a year. The only real difference between a free account and a Pro account, is that Pro has unlimited storage. Free only allows up to 3 hours total of music to be posted. And then on Pro, you can see all of your detailed stats. Where every listener is from, all of your top listening countries in order, etc. On free, you can only see your #1 listener, #1 city, #1 country, but only the absolute top, none of the rest. 

But for $144 a year there’s jus no fucking way. I pay United Masters $60 a year. They’re my distributor. And for $60 a year they put you on Apple Music, Spotify, Tidal, Pandora, Amazon Music, YouTube, etc., among other random shit like TikTok and Instagram. Unlimited releases yearly. Wit detailed stats for all of them, as well as a financial tracker for all your royalties. 

Im’ma pay $144 a year for jus the ONE platform? Whoever thought that one up shot themselves in the foot. No wonder everybody abandoned SoundCloud. And they prolly raised the price out of desperation, but that only hurt them worse.
    make the jump to Bandcamp 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,790 jayfacer
    idk I've been using Chase for like 7 years and I've never had a problem. 
    Oh yeah the “high yield” name is dumb. I just love the easy access to my brokerage account, the no atm fees ever, and the foreign transaction fees. When I say no atm fees... Schwab doesn’t charge them and if the atm you use charges you $4 transaction fee then Schwab pays that back to you 
    My first serious ex from YEARS back magically popped out the woodworks and refollowed me magically less than 24 hours before my album drops. That shit is fucking hilarious bro these jezebels are shameless. And we ended on bad terms, and she had me blocked on everything, but it’s been like 5-6 years since all that, and I mean it when I say she hasn’t even crossed my mind. Mind you, one look at her profile now and I see that in that time, she had a whole husband, (Now divorced) and 2 kids, and was still keeping tabs on me and unblocking me as needed to check in. That shit is funny lmfao bitches ain’t shit.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    Jezebels 🤣😂
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Jezebels 🤣😂
    Facts. 🤣🤣
    Gunna was repping fentanyl on that “Lemonade” song lmaoooo. Heard it earlier and I been cracking up about it all day. This the same mf that was on camera openly doing whippets wit a nitrous can lmfao.

I don’t mind drug references in music, and my own album is filled wit them, but we repping FENTANYL now?? 🤦🏻‍♂️🤣
    Spent $170 on a fish today lmao. Now making it the most expensive thing in my tank. I’m bout to be SICK when the lil bastard eventually dies lmao. It was technically $120, but after shipping (Which obviously has to be 1 day overnight.) and taxes, it was $170.

It’s a Helfrichi Firefish. Standard Firefish can be bought for about $15-$20, but the reason these are so much more expensive, is that the only place on Earth they can be naturally found is the Marshall Islands. Now, I didn’t necessarily want it cause of the rarity, but it’s also the best LOOKING Firefish imo. I was teeter tottering between this one and another one, called an Exquisite Firefish, which is $45 and would have saved a lot of bread, but ultimately this one jus simply looks best to me.

Pic ain’t mine obviously, but jus for a visual. Mine gets here Tuesday.

• GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    $170 for a fucking fish!?!? I hope you dont come home one day and the cat is sitting there with a contented smile on his face and the fish has gone...
    edited August 2020
    I’m deathly allergic to cats lmao.

Believe it or not tho, $170 is still at the low end of expensive when it comes to saltwater fish. And especially corals. My local fish store has a $3000 coral currently.