Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Say Something Random (NSFW)

Comments

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    Depends how old he is
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,715 spicy boy
    I have a friend like that

"Doing hw lol. #collegelife"
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    That's pretty bad then
    He has the mentality of a damn child.
    If he was like 14 then it wouldn't be so bad but he never asked a girl out till college? Yikes
    Its a hard thing to do...

... I technically still haven't done it :| :-??
    It's not even that, so much as that he feels the need to share it to the world. He does that with everything.
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    2 pages straight of all the old men on here collectively riding my dick. What a damn shock. =))
  • Me_Me_ Posts: 13,701 salt miner
    Erik is up at the crack of dusk
    Nobody riding you. Just saying that it is okay to teach your kids how to handle a weapon
    I look forward to the "My 4 year old is in critical condition at the ER - shot himself." Post.
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    Vocalist from Dark Sermon posted this. (not like more than 2 people tops would even read it, but whatever)
    ---

This is a message to anyone who goes to shows at Epic Problem / Transitions in Tampa.

I lived half of my childhood there, and half at 688 Skatepark in Clearwater. I started going to shows when I was 13. My first show was The Warriors and Full Blown Chaos. There were probably 4 fights during FBC. I was scared (because I was 13) and it almost pushed me away, but I came back. I started going to more shows, and got more involved in the scene. I can remember several instances that involved hate moshing and bullying towards me because I was young or not part of the "in" crowd. I also remember that shaking my foundation in underground music. I started going to shows to be a part of a community, a counter-culture for rejects and misfits. And these cliques in the scene not only excluded a majority of show-goers, but they in essence alienated the entire point of hardcore in the first place. The same has happened to other kids, and they haven't come back.

Fights and crews shut down venues. Just ask Ft. Myers and Naples. Everyone wonders why the scene is so weak compared to a few years ago, but it's all too clear to me: stop excluding people. Start respecting bands, venue staff, promoters, and the venues themselves. Quit standing outside during every band, quit throwing your beer cans in the ditch (that venue has several trash cans and multiple dumpsters), quit treating people differently because they're not from where you're from or don't listen to what you listen to. It seems like shows became more of a "who's cool" contest rather than anything they were meant to be. We should be INVITING new kids to shows, trying to spread the music and extend the hand to others who might not be familiar with the concept of underground music or its intended community.

I've seen it from both sides. I've been playing with DS for nearly 5 years, and I have to deal with idiots in every city we play, being disrespectful to both the bands and the venue staff.

Do you think Matt at EP has fun at shows? Maybe he would if you stifled your egos long enough to watch where you're swinging your arms and throwing your trash. The last thing he needs is the cops showing up because of some kids losing their tempers. He spends all night picking up after ungrateful kids who don't ever thank him for his time, effort, worry, and stress.

The sooner you start respecting the music, the musicians, and the people who make it possible for shows to run efficiently, the sooner we can restore the faith in this scene that seems to have been recently shaken.

Again, I'm just a kid and I haven't seen it all. But I've seen enough to know that we need to give Matt a reason to keep on keeping on. Just say thank you and respect each other, that's all.
    inb4lists
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,283 mod
    Almost time to pledge

I freaked out yesterday for nothing... I feel like a jackass now :|
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,669 spicy boy
    Forgot to post this.

Yesterday my cousin in korea posted on fb that since the govt shut down no troops can come home. She literally watched the troops unboard after sitting in the plane for like 30 minutes. Abdolutely fucking disgusting.
    Bunch of morons running our country. Pathetic..Time for a coup
    Gary said:

Bunch of morons running our country. Pathetic..Time for a coup

King of irony.