Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Official Pets Thread.

Comments

• mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    This will seem stupid but you'll have to figure that out on your own. I went through depression, ADHD, addiction (caused by insomnia) and somewhere along the way I taught myself how to control these things without medicine.

Anyway the whole point is it's not a need it is a want. You can survive without it.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    bitch, i dont give two shits of what you had
    just answer my question if you know more about whats good for me than i do
    imageimage
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    man lance....i like your input on the forum but come on mannn...quit being ignorant....not everyone is built like you...not everyone can take the "hard way" out and live with out them...some people aren't able to control there minds like you may be able to....there is a reason for these drugs thats why they are here...there is scientific proof...its a medication....me myself i just choose to smoke a joint at night...it makes it so i can sleep more than 2 hours at a time....everyone has different problems and you should consider what its like for them instead of what its like for you before you judge people....if it helps someone live there life why do you care so much?
    Uhh I believe I have.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    I don't care that much just stated it's a want not a need and tried to end it. A few times at that I might add.
    edited September 2010
    stating that its a want and not a need is how it is for you...just because thats how your wired doesn't mean everyone else is the same
    Simple question to be asked. Is this detrimental to your survival? If the answer is no then it is a want not a need. It's that simple.

Thinks ahead for next genius question. " well what about if I don't take them and commit suicide?"
    Pretty simple you're a moron and maybe things are better off that way. A pill does not tell you what choices to make.

You may not see it now and those that take certain medicines won't agree until they realize it for themselves. That's why I have tried to end this conversation I can't make anyone see this it just has to come to them in time.
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    im on both sides of the fence on this here discussion.
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    I don't agree with ape at all on this. To say people WANT to be on antidepressants is ridiculous. I could understand little emo tweeny bitches wanting it to look like a "badass" but that's it. There is a chemical imbalance in some people and they literally have no control over it without them.
    imageimage
    Dawn you no understand.

You don't need it to survive. Therefore it is a want not a need.

Did you kids never have the need/want discussion in school or what.
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    SO LETZ GET BACK TO PETZ GAIZ.

I posted this on a Reptile forum I joined, but I guess I'll post it in here too. Notice the lack of swearing, no swearing whatsoever over there lmao. I edited this about 4 times before I posted it on there. XD

I'm sure most of you have heard of Serpent Safari in Gurnee, Il. (Famous for being the home of Baby (R.I.P.) ) Well I occasionally walk in there, just to check out their snakes and everything. Well today, I went, and they had a beautiful Green Burm, and he was about 6-7 Feet. And I asked if I could hold him. So they said yes, and that he may hiss when they take him out, but he's not aggressive, these morons have absolutely NO knowledge on Snakes, or Reptiles in general. First of all, when the guy went in there to take him out, he was literally SHAKING in fear. Then, he sprayed him with a spray bottle for like 5 minutes straight, saying "It calms him down and lets him know that he's not coming out to eat." the Burm kept moving it's head away, OBVIOUSLY agitated, so when he was finally ready to take it out, He threw a towel in there, covering it's head, he gets it out, and it's hissing like there's no tomorrow, then he's holding it with his arms straight out, keeping it as far as possible from his body. Then, I see it....SCALE ROT. On the belly, not just scale rot, but full blown, rust brown scale rot covering ALL of his belly. To the point that he WILL die, it's not even curable I don't think, I said "He has scale rot, get him to a Vet!" what does this moron say? "Oh no, don't worry, that's just stains from his wood chips since they're wet right now, it'll come off if you soak him." At this point, I was steaming, I wanted to knock this idiot out. I didn't even hold it, because it was so agitated, it wasn't even funny. I felt horrible for the poor Burm. It truly broke my heart. I'm 14, and I still know I knew 10 times more about Herps than this idiot. And to make it worse, the other Girl working there was like "By the way, you need to get a license to own any snake over 6 Feet." SERIOUSLY NOW? They also had a 5-6 Foot Red Tail crammed into a 10-15 gallon tank. I kid you not. The only healthy looking thing there, was this baby Albino Burm, GORGEOUS snake. This place makes me sick. There was also a Lavender Albino Retic, with a gash on it's nose, and an injured mouth that gave it the appearance of having a cleft lip, obvious rodent injuries, and they said she scraped her face on the wire mesh at the top of her cage.....I've never been more sickened in my life. I wish I could save every Reptile in that dump and get it closed down.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod
  • Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip
    ^you should of added like 10 fucks and a shit here and there for us. lol
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Lmao. I gotta say though. It's really nice to be a part of a forum where I'm NOT hated by everyone. Nice change.
    Simple question to be asked. Is this detrimental to your survival? If the answer is no then it is a want not a need. It's that simple.

for some people yes...some people would kill them selves/ hurt others without there meds....my grandpa is bipolar and i knocked on his door and he opened it with a loaded shot gun in my face cause he was without his meds....you can't be so closed minded on such a diverse topic
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    edited September 2010
    I kinda disagree with ape on the want vs need,
    but i kinda see his point.
    Antidepressants arent necessarily a "need" like food, water, shelter, etc.
    But they do help as said previously for chemical imbalances.
    Imo it shouldnt be categorized as a "want" either cuz its not an like an addiction.
    A "want" is like if you have a job and you need to commute there everyday
    you would "need" a mode of transportation being bus, car, bike, something that can get the job done
    but you would "want" like a top of the line car with all the bell n whistles.
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
    and erik...tbh...i never hated you....just thought it was fun to fuck with you for a while....and then it got boring so i just started to ignore most of what you said...try and ignore her and you will be fine man...also easy on the cuss words lol
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Humans define wants as needs all the time.

We don't need shelter. We don't need three square meals a day. We don't need currency to survive.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    Don't get your hopes up just yet Erik! Lol

Anyway most pet stores are shit a lot of breeders too but every once in a while you'll find people who actually give a shit about their animals
    me personally...i suffer from depression...some times very sever all tho iv grown to understand it more over the years....but i have never had money to go to a doc...or a psyc....but hell if i could i would be there in a second...that shit would probably help me get my head straight...call it whatever you want...but i know they would help...i may not need them...but they would help......if it helps someone why do you have a negative response to a positive situation?