Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY GRINDS MY GEARS? (NSFW)

Comments

• mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I fully believe my love of death and thrash as well as just stupid heavy or fast music comes from my ADHD. It always calmed me that's why I started liking Black Dahlia Murder so much. It felt like it was so fast it was forcing my mind to focus. 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    edited July 2017
    Jobe said:
    We'll know the influence nu metal had. The scene was damn near dead. Everybody was bumping gangster rap at the time. You didn't even have to own The Chronic 2001 to listen it front to back. It was just playing everywhere. Metal was barely a blip on the radar at the time.

Nu Metal breathed life into a dying market. Hybrid Theory was a monster album that reached an entire generation of young people. People that weren't into metal began to dig a little deeper. Brought money and attention back to the live tours. My Metal blew up Ozzfest. Half this board or more cut their teeth on Slipknot, Disturbed, Linkin Park and the like even if they don't want to admit it anymore. Fuck, this board is a spin-off of a music forum that was founded by having Slipknot play =)

Metal was doing just fine before they hit. Ozzfest was in it's fourth year by the time they emerged. Ozzfests '98 and '99 already had main stage nu metal bands. LP were the soundtrack to the Bush years. They were right there next to Creed, another band that sold gobs of records. Every frosted tipped choade I knew in college blasted their shit in the parking lots. Thats not metal. Metal doesn't need people like that trying to invade it's culture. Metal does just fine with misfits and cellar dwellars. The only people that truly benefit from metal being commercial are poseurs. The underground in the early 2000s was thriving. Him saying they saved metal would be like BabyMetal making the same statement in 15 years. Just because little kids like it doesn't mean the genre would fall apart without them.

This is especially puzzling coming from you because I know your vitriol for Jay-Z, who was pretty much the mirror for LP's success in the rap arena during the same era. I know it hurts you as much as it does me to hear people call him great. Did rap need Jay-Z? I don't think so. Same as I don't think rock or metal needed LP. They were just at the right place at the right time. 
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    I hate when bands don't sell their shit on bandcamp. Bison's album came out like 6 weeks ago and it's not on their bandcamp and their label doesn't have a bandcamp. I hate when they force you to buy the physical. It's 2017. Just sell the damn mp3s
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    Jobe said:
    We'll know the influence nu metal had. The scene was damn near dead. Everybody was bumping gangster rap at the time. You didn't even have to own The Chronic 2001 to listen it front to back. It was just playing everywhere. Metal was barely a blip on the radar at the time.

Nu Metal breathed life into a dying market. Hybrid Theory was a monster album that reached an entire generation of young people. People that weren't into metal began to dig a little deeper. Brought money and attention back to the live tours. My Metal blew up Ozzfest. Half this board or more cut their teeth on Slipknot, Disturbed, Linkin Park and the like even if they don't want to admit it anymore. Fuck, this board is a spin-off of a music forum that was founded by having Slipknot play =)

Metal was doing just fine before they hit. Ozzfest was in it's fourth year by the time they emerged. Ozzfests '98 and '99 already had main stage nu metal bands. LP were the soundtrack to the Bush years. They were right there next to Creed, another band that sold gobs of records. Every frosted tipped choade I knew in college blasted their shit in the parking lots. Thats not metal. Metal doesn't need people like that trying to invade it's culture. Metal does just fine with misfits and cellar dwellars. The only people that truly benefit from metal being commercial are poseurs. The underground in the early 2000s was thriving. Him saying they saved metal would be like BabyMetal making the same statement in 15 years. Just because little kids like it doesn't mean the genre would fall apart without them.

This is especially puzzling coming from you because I know your vitriol for Jay-Z, who was pretty much the mirror for LP's success in the rap arena during the same era. I know it hurts you as much as it does me to hear people call him great. Did rap need Jay-Z? I don't think so. Same as I don't think rock or metal needed LP. They were just at the right place at the right time. 

"The only people that truly benefit from metal being commercial are poseurs"

Pure elitist bullshit. High tide raises all ships. The band benefits. Every young musician they drag down the road benefits. The crew benefits. The fans benefit. Ozzfest benefited. 10 other festival tours benefited for a decade. You benefited from it. Doesn't matter who needed what looking back. They were in the right place at the right time to help shift the culture of music in a new direction.  LP wasnt the first of their era, or the best, or even the biggest, but the role they played in that shift is fairly undeniable. Creed, while big, never shifted shit and is a strawman argument at best. 

Pass the god damn butter.
    Gotta pay my first student loan today. Still salty I got scammed into this bs smh
  • Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    Forbearance ask for it

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

• Me_Me_ Posts: 13,701 salt miner
    slap said:
    Gotta pay my first student loan today. Still salty I got scammed into this bs smh
    If your parents make under a 110 a year in NY it's free
    at least she didn't do this shit

• OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    DELET THIS
    I love winning with women
    Rutabaga said:
    How
    he tried to pit the avocado like an idiot. there's a whole thing about it called "avocado hand". apparently it happens often enough for doctors to think avocados need warning labels on them. smh #justwhitepeoplethings
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Was gonna say i've prepped too many avacados in my life to ever do some dumb shit like that =))
    you'd think it'd be common sense not to stab a knife towards your palm =))
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,593 spicy boy
    I wish i could flag that awesome 
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,593 spicy boy
    edited July 2017
    God damn randy should have rot in that fucking prison 
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    Nah lamb crushed at knotfest
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    Was supposed to be off at fucking 5 but some dude called in with a twisted fucking ankle 
    what does that have to do with you?