Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY GRINDS MY GEARS? (NSFW)

Comments

• Me_Me_ Posts: 13,701 salt miner
    Missed that one =)
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,593 spicy boy
    I write long e-mails all day long youd think incould get grammar right. It like i have a barrier that drops when i use my phone. I also double check e-mails doe. 
  • Me_Me_ Posts: 13,701 salt miner
    It's Friday...its allowed today 
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    * it's Saturday you fucking fags 
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    edited July 2017
    http://www.newsweek.com/chester-bennington-linkin-park-hybrid-639964

Cringeworthy

Linkin Park were never innovative or massively influential. They were Limp Bizkit without balls. If anything, they were the moment when rap rock stopped moving forward; the point when the wave had crashed into the beach and started receding. They weren't even alone. They just had more big money label push. Ugh. Articles like this make life unbearable when lame celebs die. 

“I think that’s funny—just those words ‘the integrity of metal.’ In my opinion, we actually kept metal alive,” he told Metal Hammer.

Vomit
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I'm going to fucking lose my shit if I have to inventory my whole work store by myself.
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
     "In my opinion, we actually kept metal alive,” he told Metal Hammer.

This is an actual quote from the article. Jesus christ. 
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    From a Rolling Stone interview with Mick Thomson of Shitknot during Ozzfest 2001:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/highway-to-hell-20011011

"Thomson may look and talk 100 percent metal, but a peek into his CD case says otherwise: Béla Fleck and the Flecktones, a Mozart concerto, Gorefest, lots of Hendrix, Stones and Beatles, Morbid Angel, Iron Maiden, Anthrax, Deicide, Cannibal Corpse, the Misfits. "I have to have my Beatles and Stones," he says. "That's the only way you can stay on tour when you're playing with Linkin Park. Please print that. If they want to fight, my bus is the white one with the stupid gay stuff on the side of it."

Even amongst pop metal bands, they were reviled. I guess by inspiring contempt for their music was how he kept metal alive lol
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    He's actually not that wrong though. We can sit and act as smug as we want, but the truth hurts. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    There's no denying what they accomplished in their early career. Hate them or like them.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I really enjoyed the first two albums when I was a kid. Is it wrong to say the way they influenced people is all the kids that used them as a bridge into heavier music? 

I didn't grow up with parents that enjoyed metal or anything nobody showed me what was good metal or rock. I only had what I heard flipping through tv or radio stations. Korn and linkin park were two that definitely opened my eyes to there being something different from country, rap, or pop. 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    Yeah it was mostly korn, limp bizkit, slipknot for me bu Lp was mixed in there 

i remember when nookie was retired on MTv
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    See i had someone to show me and my brothers metal as kids. Sabbath, Maiden, Metallica, Priest, Megadeth, etc.

But i still jammed all the bands like LP, Disturbed, Korn, Slipknot at age 10. They were the first rock and "metal" bands that i discovered on my own and didnt just like because my uncle or dad liked them. I stopped listening to all of those bands in high school but i'm not gonna act too cool for school or like i'm above it. They were all gateway bands 
    oh yeah for sure. a good portion of my family was really into grunge...metallica...acdc...pantera. But thats what was big when i was an adolescent 
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    My old man and a couple uncle's were into classic rock so I grew up with AC/DC, Pink Floyd, and Zeppelin. LP was definitely the first band I discovered in my own and they're what led me to stuff like System Of A Down and Korn which opened the gateway to The Big 4, Pantera and all that good stuff. So I can definitely credit them for that. 
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    edited July 2017
    My dad got me into a lot of Woodstock type music. Hendrix, Arlo Guthrie, Joe Cocker, etc. Also remember him having me listen to Chuck Berry records and what not, so i was definitely into rock music thanks to him. Still can't deny the influence bands like Disturbed and Limp Bizkit (and embarrassing as it is, W.A.S.P.)  had on me getting into heavier stuff so I can definitely understand and agree the influence LP had on my generation. 

That being said, I also understand Satan's disdain for them cause they're not exactly writing quality stuff, but still. 

Also I got this buddy of mine with the letters "LP" tattooed on his bicep like the douchy pos that he is. Can't stop laughing about how he's scarred for life with that stupid ass thing. 
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    I started by listening to the rock stations with my dad and thought it was too easy, boring, or slow besides like Metallica and the random slip knot song. I wanted something faster I felt an drew atrted there. Now I'm like the opposite =))