Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Mayhemfest 2010 setlists, set times and other information

Comments

• OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    New page
    I love winning with women
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I could never get into shadows fall dudes voice is so boring. And live was the thing they were nothing special and found myself just wishing they would stop playing because it was putting me to sleep.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    I liked Shadows Fall at Mayhem. I couldn't care less about Winds of Plague.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    That's just cause you're not hxc/br00tal enough to understand their music.

*trollface*
    That's just cause you're not hxc/br00tal enough to understand their music.
    Fixed.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Nah, I just think they suck. <_>
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Winds of plague > rush
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • MikeMike Posts: 7,820 admin
    Winds of plague > rush
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    Winds of plague = rush
    Oh shi
    image Photobucket
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    DC Mayhem Review:

Got there around 11:00 AM. Just a few people there when I was but around 12:00-12:30 many people showed up. I made my way to the line and lined up behind a trash can. 2 other groups did the same but everyone else just filed behind them so nobody was behind me. I lol'd because it was definitely a regular line. I then found out since I had presale I had to be in a different line because they were only using one to let presale people in early. Just merged my way through and everything was cool.

Went in and looked around for the Hatewear tent. Couldn't find it. Asked a guy at another tent. He thought I was a complete idiot. He just stared at me, didn't say anything, then said "Hatewear? You mean Hatebreed?". I was caught between saying, no, did I stutter? and just walking away but I said something like "No, the I love vagina/hatewear tent" and he did another one of those pauses and just said idk.

Walked around and looked at literally every tent, the hatewear tent must not have been there because I went to every spot in the venue looking for it and it was no where to be found.

Then I decided to buy a mayhem shirt. Got the white one with that werewolf thing on it and the tour dates on the back. Decided to go over to the Jager rail and when I turned around I saw a couple of my friends so I hooked up with them and we went over to watch Norma Jean.

Norma Jean-Not so bad. Bad when the guy tries to sing. But his screaming wasn't half bad. Got in on a circle pit which was fun. As I was leaving the pit a guy came barreling through and his shoulder blade hit my pelvis bone. Hurt like a bitch but it went away. It's still sore right now actually lol. 6/10

Jager band-I actually liked them a lot. Didn't get into the crowd and left early to get Rockstar with my friends, who thought they sucked. They were a death metal band that kinda sounded the same on each song. I didn't mind that too much because each song was good and they had a lot of energy. 7/10

Winds of Plague-Not a whole lot to say that others haven't said. I really liked them. Thought they, and Hatebreed were the best of the side stages that I watched. They had a lot of energy and I got in on my first wall of death ever which was fun. Fell down and my friend fell on top of me but I just grabbed someone and pulled myself up. Saw someone I work with and talked for a few seconds with him before he kinda got sucked away by the pit. Don't really think the keyboardist is that hot. 8/10

Shadows Fall-Watched them from the silver star stage cuz my friends and I were going to watch 3IOB. Thought they did pretty well but didn't see them up close so.....6/10

3 Inches of Blood-Had some good energy. Liked the songs but didn't like the singer's voice. Lots of crowd surfers and some good pits. 6/10

Chimaira-By this point I was too tired to do anything so my friends and I went over to the bathroom and then just sat down for awhile

Atreyu-On my way back to the side stages I stopped and bought the Hatebreed shirt that says "As Diehard as they Come" and "100% Authentic American Hardcore Metal" tour dates on the back. Didn't watch Atreyu but listened to them cuz I was walking around. Didn't think they were too bad. Kinda the same as when I saw them in '08 at Projekt Revolution. 6/10 since I didn't really watch them

Hatebreed-Friends decided to go get a spot on the rail which is a shame since they were missing Hatebreed and after Hatebreed I pushed my way through the crowd getting right behind them so they could have watched Hatebreed if they wanted to lol. Hatebreed was Hatebreed. Awesome. The whole crowd was constantly moving. The only time I wasn't jumping or being pushed on was when I moved closer to the stage but a little out to the right. Everything was spot on and they had a lot of energy. I loved hearing Destroy Everything and I Will Be Heard live. 10/10

In This Moment-Heard them as I was walking out. They suck. End of story. Maria isn't that hot and can't sing for her life. I took out my ear plugs because it wasn't loud anymore as I was walking away but her singing just pierced my ears as I was leaving. So glad I didn't watch them 0/10

Five Finger Death Punch-Went into the pit. Got close to the front, dead center but I saw my friends a little out to the left so I made my way over there and was behind them for FFDP and LOG. Honestly I thought these guys were pretty good. They have some good energy on stage and I liked the Bad Company cover. I can tell why people don't like them but I'll be checking them out more. 7/10

Lamb of God-Lots of fun. Everyone stayed in about the same spot but the show was loads of fun. Every song sounded great to me and Randy's vocals were spot on at my date. Had some good crowd interaction between songs. Didn't see any wall of death for Black Label, just a big pit, so I now know for myself that the DC area is full of LOG fan posers and just complete idiots who are only there for the mainstream bands and don't know old LOG songs. Took my friend's rail spot and saw a pick in the gutter. Asked the security guy to get it for me. He did but he threw it to me and it bounced off my shaking, tired hands and fell down into the gutter again. The guys behind me started booing and yelling, I lol'd. The guy got it and I thought he was just going to toss it somewhere else but he handed it to me. Thought it might be a FFDP pick but i checked the website and it was definitely a LOG pick but had no LOG logo on it. 10/10

Rob Zombie- Awesome show. Moved to a different spot so I could catch something, didn't but I got in a good spot for when Zombie ran through the crowd. He came down right in front of me and I just patted his arm as he was coming down. Everyone was reaching out for him. Loved the stage show and loved seeing the songs live 10/10

Korn-Letdown since Zombie and LOG did so well but they were still fun. Davis had some great energy. Moving around and sorta dancing like he does. Vocals were spot on. Glad I could hear the bass and all the instruments were great. I could have done without the drum solos. Could have added in a couple more songs like A.D.I.D.A.S. but oh well. I liked the stage setup a lot but it just didn't compare to Zombie's. Moved to Munky's side so I could catch a pick but he threw them to individual people on the rail instead of throwing a bunch in the air so I never caught one. I got to the rail as people were leaving and saw one in the gutter. As security went to get it they saw a box on it so they didn't get it. Said something like they don't move that box ever or whatever. I called BS but I didn't feel like arguing. Best part of the Korn show was when Davis put his bagpipes away and came out with the fire hose. Thinking he would shoot it right at us kinda freaked me out but he shot it at a good angle so he soaked the whole pit which cooled everyone down. Then they moved on to Got the Life (I think). 9/10

Show was fun overall. A lot of fun. Glad I went but next year I think I may hook up with my friends before the show so we all go over at once. If I hadn't gone to the Jager rail when I did I probably wouldn't have seen them the whole day because of the mass amounts of people at the show.

Mayhem tour shirt $25
    Hatebreed tour shirt $25
  • PrimalScream31PrimalScream31 Posts: 3,544 mod
    Photobucket
    photo mayhemsignature2013_zps1209e6fd.jpg I wanna slit your throat and fuck the wound.
    That's my new wallpaper as of....... now!
    Photobucket
    photo mayhemsignature2013_zps1209e6fd.jpg I wanna slit your throat and fuck the wound.
    That's my new wallpaper as of....... now!
    lol Cool.
    What kind of camera do you use?
    edited August 2010
    All of my pics were taken with a Kodak Easy Share Z885. It zooms in pretty good but out of the 120 pictures that I took only a little more than half came out good.

During the day it can zoom in like a champ though.

I also had front row center seats too so that helped. lol
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    Oh I see how it is. Just cover up my review with your awesome pictures.

Jk. They look cool
    lol Santana. Sorry man.

I would make the pictures smaller but I really don't feel like resizing them all.
    edited August 2010
    Photobucket

LOL..Gods Southern.
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    No 11/10's Santana, show must have sucked.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page