Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Mayhemfest 2010 setlists, set times and other information

Comments

• OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    AWWW WHAT?! WOP gave out shot glasses???

:(((
    I love winning with women
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 10,361 balls deep
    they did bro
    they certainly did
    Mayhem Denver '08, Albuquereque '09/'10/'11 2012 ????????? peyton manning broncos Pictures, Images and Photos
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    What is the hatewear tent next to?
    i dont really remember just one of those tents that sold those fuck shirts
    it wasnt with the band tents
    Mayhem Denver '08, Albuquereque '09/'10/'11 2012 ????????? peyton manning broncos Pictures, Images and Photos
    Some more pics from yesterday
    Shadows Fall
    Photobucket
    Joey
    Photobucket
    This reeeally drunk guy that couldnt stand up by himself during hatebreed
    they had to flip him over the rail
    Photobucket
    Me after hatebreed
    Photobucket
    my pipe and a couple steamrollers i bought at mayhem
    Photobucket
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Just got back. Best Mayhem yet.

I met Chimaira, Shadows Fall, Randy Blythe and Jamey Jasta, and Five Finger Death Punch. All of them were extremely cool. I had the modlife Korn meet and greets but said fuck it because they were availible for pick up form will call AFTER 1:30, which is when the show started.

I bought a 3IOB Wolf Shirt, a 3IOB sticker, A Mayhem shirt with the mascot and the 3 ringed circus theme, and a hatebreed jersey.

Funny story, when I bought my 3IOB merch I was talking to the merch guy and he told me that they were headlining the side stage today. I asked why, and he kind of looked around and said "You didnt hear it from me, but Atreyu is upset that they have to go on before 5FDP and after Hatebreed because they keep getting shown up. So they requested a slot change." LOL. Fucking pussies.

First band was IN THIS MOTHERFUCKING MOMENT OMG THIS BAND CHANGED MY FUCKING GODDAMN LIFE 11/10. Jk but In This Moment came on first. They were pretty impressive to be honest. They played more new stuff then I would have liked, but it translated well, besides that awful Gun Show song. My score might be a little bit biased because I had so much fun during their set. I crowdsurfed, participated in the pit around the soundboard, etc. But I would give them an 8/10

Didnt watch Norma Jean.

Shadows Fall was one of the best side stage bands of the day. They sounded really clean and I loved the song choices. Not much to say here except they kicked ass, good crowd interaction, and good pits as well. 8.5/10

Winds of Plague was decent. Johnny's vocals sounded muddy at times, but that isnt neccesarily his fault. I didnt care for their song selection but thats more of a personal complaint. Wall of death was fucking sick. 7.5/10

I only saw 2 songs from Chimaira because we were waiting for Shadows Fall to sign. They sounded pretty good though.

Atreyu flat out sucked. Im not saying that to be a hater either. The singers voice kept cracking throughout the entire set. No wonder these guys bitched out of the headliner spot. 4/10

One of the bands I was most excited for, Hatebreed, unfortunately had terrible sound. The sounded very hollow, and had the PA been better it would have been very very awesome. You all know how that goes. 7.5/10

I watched the first 2 songs of 3IOB before giving in to exhaustion and the heat, and found my seat for the main stage.

Death Punch was playing to a "home crowd" and I think they did awesome. I know most people on here dont like them. But at least give them a chance in a live setting. 9/10

Lamb of God did amazing as well. I love how they can come out with not backdrop, no stage show, and just wreck shit in a live setting. Perfect setlist besides the stale opener, In Your Words. Top notch playing and crowd control. 9.5/10

When Cannabis said in his review that Rob Zombie put on the best show he has ever seen, I thought he was full of shit. Now I see what he meant. Hands down, Rob Zombie's set at Mayhem blew my mind. I enjoyed it more than Mastodon, more than Slayer, and surprisingly more than Iron Maiden. I had super low expectations for Zombie before Mayhem, being the band I wanted to see least after Norma Jean and Atreyu. But it had everything! A shit ton of animatronics, naked women, props, and just an awesome stage setup. That, coupled with the fact that he sounded near perfect, an awesome guitar and drum solo, and a partial cover, ive never enjoyed a set as much as I have this one. Do not miss this man. Dare I say 11/10

After such an incredible set by Zombie, Korn had no chance. They were good, seemed boring and bland in contrast to their co-headliners. Song selection was good, but JD didnt say more than 2 sentences the entire set, and the band seemed to rush through the set. 8/10

• ComptonAssBertoComptonAssBerto Posts: 3,899 just the tip
    All these good reviews of Mayhem Fest are making me really want to go. Ahahahah. I probably should.
    Did anyone else notice that korn had like 5 drum solos 3 guitar solos and even munky had a solo.. I was just like play a fucking song already or say something to the crowd
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    All these good reviews of Mayhem Fest are making me really want to go. Ahahahah. I probably should.
    I know what you mean... and I AM going.

Can't fucking wait till the 27th.
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    Dude...how do you meet all the bands and still see everyone?
    image Photobucket
    Did anyone else notice that korn had like 5 drum solos 3 guitar solos and even munky had a solo.. I was just like play a fucking song already or say something to the crowd
    Munky didnt solo at mine. But the drummer did like 3 fucking solos it was ridiculous (not in a good way) Also bewteen every song they would do little jam sessions but most of them sounded like shit. The one before Falling Away From Me and Blind were awesome though
    Dude...how do you meet all the bands and still see everyone?
    Idk if this was directed at me, but I just plan carefully and show up to the booth like 20 minutes before they are scheduled to sign so I am first in line and can get my signature and leave.
    Holy triple post batman but I bought the Chimaira dvd and its fucking sick. Its definitely worth 20 bucks. Rob signed my copy :D
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    It wasn't exactly just you, but you reminded me.
    image Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Randy from lamb of god during hatebreeds set
    I noticed him standing there about 3 songs in and got really excited because I thought he was going to come and do a song with them
    He didn't....
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    Okay as much as I like Atreyu I laughed out loud after reading about them asking for a different slot after being shown up. Can't say I'm too surprised though.
  • MarcusMMarcusM Posts: 2,059 just the tip
    That is what I figured when I heard Atreyu wasn't going to headline the Silver Star Stage anymore. They stood no chance playing after Hatebreed.
    They stood no chance playing after Hatebreed.
    Well put
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    I like some of their songs but I have lost so much respect for them. You think Manson would ask slayer to headline? What about korn being shown up by zombie? If my band was being shown up like that I'd suck it up and play. Pussies
  • rammstein516rammstein516 Posts: 3,720 juggalo
    Any average band would look at being shown up and try to make their stage show better. Maybe jump around more, have the vocalist go into the crowd for a song, buy a cheap ass smoke machine. Just don't be a sissy and complain about it.