Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Mansfield Mayhem

1235»

Comments

• PrimalScream31PrimalScream31 Posts: 3,544 mod
    So they cut the main stage acts time so they could fit A7X in? I like Avenged Sevenfold and all but not more than any of the other main stage acts.

I was sort of jealous over that show but not now.
    photo mayhemsignature2013_zps1209e6fd.jpg I wanna slit your throat and fuck the wound.
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    the way it went is that hatebreed started at 5:10 and FFDP started at 5:15. I missed hatebreed and 3 inches of blood because of this. I saw hatebreed 5 times and will see kingdom of sorrow later in the summer, so not that disappointed. I think it was worth it to see a7x
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    the second stage headliner has been the best live band on every mayhemfest: hatebreed, CC, Machine Head, but thats cuz its my only time to jump in the pitz
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    This year hatebreed isn't even closing the side stages
    thats why i missed hatebreed and 3 inches of blood
  • slip_knotslip_knot Posts: 512 juggalo
    edited July 2010
    Here's my quick review.

I got there around 12:45, eventually got into the Comcast Center at about 1:30 and I headed right to the Silver Star Stage.

In This Moment: Really not too bad at all. I wasn't expecting anything from this band, but they were pretty solid. The circle pit around the soundboard was pretty cool, everyone broke the fence that separated the parking lot from the stages. 7/10.

Just Drive
    Blazin'
    Beautiful Tragedy
    The Promise
    The Gun Show
    Daddy's Fall

STEMM: 7/10. These guys were awesome last year as our Jager Band, however I thought this year's performance was subpar compared to last year's. I also don't understand why they played a NIN cover when they had a 20 minute set.

Blood Soaked
    House of Cards
    Wish (NIN Cover)
    Monster

Norma Jean: 5/10. Watched a few songs, wasn't too impressed. They got absolutely no crowd reaction at all until the trash throwing, which I thought was actually pretty funny because half of the trash being thrown ended up on stage. Incomplete/out of order set:

Memphis Will Be Laid To Waste
    Bayonetwork
    Dilemmachine
    Vipers, Snakes, and Actors

Shadows Fall: Didn't watch them because I had the barrier for Winds of Plague at the Silver Star Stage. They sounded decent.

Winds of Plague: 9/10. Incredible. I was front row, dead center for them and it was just awesome. The crowd was really into their set, and they really delivered. I met them while Atreyu played, and got some stuff signed. Very nice and cool people. I can't wait to see them again.

Earth (Intro)
    Chest and Horns
    Decimate the Weak
    Angels of Debauchery
    The Impaler
    One Body Too Many
    Reloaded

Chimaira: 8/10. Excellent set, the crowd was into them a lot. We got an extra song, The Dehumanizing Process, because Chimaira didn't realize they were only playing 25 minute sets everyday. I hope these guys tour again soon.

Black Heart
    Pleasure In Pain
    Power Trip
    Secrets of the Dead
    The Dehumanizing Process
    Pure Hatred

Atreyu: 6/10. Pretty boring, caught a few songs before waiting to meet Winds of Plague. I was also able to see the end of their set while I waited for Hatebreed. Incomplete set:

Bleeding Mascara
    Becoming the Bull
    Gallows
    You Give Love a Bad Name (Bon Jovi Cover)
    Lip Gloss and Black

Hatebreed: 9/10. Wow, awesome set! A ton of fun, the crowd was really into it. Easily the best reaction for a side stage band yesterday by a mile. 9/10. I'm pretty sure I have the full set, but I'm sure the order is a little bit off.

Everyone Bleeds Now
    In Ashes They Shall Reap
    Hands of a Dying Man
    Smash Your Enemies
    As Diehard As They Come
    Live For This
    Tear It Down
    Perseverance
    Last Breath
    To the Threshold
    Defeatist
    This Is Now
    I Will Be Heard

3 Inches of Blood: Didn't watch them. I browsed the merch tents, bought a Hatebreed shirt and a Mayhem Fest shirt, got some water, and then made my way to the main stage pit.

Five Finger Death Punch: I missed them due to A7X being on the show. I was a little pissed but I got over it. They overlapped with Hatebreed, and right after Hatebreed ended I went to the main stage to try to catch the end of Death Punch, but they had just got off the stage. There were very few people even at the main stage, and I'm sure FFDP wasn't too happy about that.

Lamb of God: 8/10. It was my first time seeing them and they did not disappoint at all. I thought their set was too short and predictable, but overall it was very enjoyable.

The Passing
    In Your Words
    Set to Fail
    Walk With Me in Hell
    Now You've Got Something to Die For
    Laid to Rest
    Redneck
    Black Label

Avenged Sevenfold: 3/10. Worst band of the day by far. It was extremely painful to watch them from the pit, such a boring set. Every member of this band besides Portnoy looked like absolute tools. They didn't impress me at all. They announced several of their songs, so I have a partial set. If someone can help me with the question marks, feel free to do so. (Thanks for filling in the question marks John)

Nightmare
    Critical Acclaim
    Welcome to the Family
    Beast and the Harlot
    Buried Alive
    Unholy Confessions
    Almost Easy

Rob Zombie: 10/10. WOW! Easily one of the best performances I've ever seen in my life. The crowd was going apeshit, never heard a louder crowd. It was a nice home show for Zombie, and you could tell him and his entire band were enjoying themselves. When I was reading reviews of his show, I didn't really believe he was going to be as good as everyone said. I was wrong, the music was fantastic, and the theatric elements were insane. He should have headlined, no questions asked. John 5 and Joey's solos were both awesome as well. Zombie is a must see, and there's no way I'll be missing him on his next tour.

What Lurks on Channel X
    Superbeast
    Scum of the Earth
    Living Dead Girl
    More Human Than Human
    Sick Bubble-Gum
    House of 1000 Corpses
    Never Gonna Stop
    Mars Needs Women
    Thunder Kiss '65
    School's Out (Alice Cooper Cover)
    Dragula

Korn: 8/10. Fun set, however it was very disappointing after Zombie's awesome set. No crowd interaction at all, they hit the stage, played their set, and got off the stage. Not much else to say really.

Right Now
    Here to Stay
    Did My Time
    Oildale (Leave Me Alone)
    Falling Away From Me
    Somebody Someone
    Let the Guilt Go
    Freak on a Leash
    Blind
    Shoots and Ladders/One
    Clown
    Got the Life

All in all, this was a very fun show, and with another year of Mayhem behind me, I can't wait for next year!
    Post edited by slip_knot on
    A7x set

Nightmare
    Critical Acclaim
    Welcome to the Family
    Beast and the Harlot
    Buried Alive
    Unholy Confessions
    Almost Easy
    Thank you John, just edited it in.
    i didnt see you this year. i was a bit further away from the pit. i did see the girl go topless that was in the pit, on someones shoulders, near johnny 5
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    Seems like hatebreed is playing different numbers of songs. One time it wa 9, another was 10, this was 13
    That girl was standing two people in front of me hahaha! Her friend kept undoing her bra strap lol.