Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Mansfield Mayhem

Comments

• laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
  • Heavy_Metal_JesusHeavy_Metal_Jesus Posts: 477 salt miner
    yea, new hampshire, right on the border.
  • slip_knotslip_knot Posts: 512 juggalo
    Gonna be awesome!
    Silver Star Stage:
    1:50-2:20pm - In This Moment
    2:40-3:10pm -Norma Jean
    3:40-4:10pm - Winds of Plague
    4:40-5:10pm - Atreyu
    5:45-6:20pm - 3 Inches of Blood

Jagermeister Stage:
    2:20-2:40pm -
    3:10-3:40pm - Shadows Fall
    4:10-4:40pm - Chimaira
    5:10-5:45pm - Hatebreed

Rockstar Energy Drink Main Stage:
    5:30-6:05pm - Five Finger Death Punch
    6:25-7:05pm - Lamb of God
    7:25-8:05 - Avenged Sevenfold
    8:30-9:30pm - Rob Zombie
    9:55-10:55pm - Korn

I don't know why there's a blank for 2:20 - 2:40, I hope it's a typo because I love STEMM and I'm excited to see them.
    Boston - We Are Heading Your Way!! Set Times, Tickets And More
    Posted Today 11:25 AM by metaljohn
    Catch Avenged Sevenfold at their only Mayhem US stop! Doors for Boston (Mansfield) are at 1:15 PM and tickets are available now for $22.75 lawn seats up to $77.25 for the lawn and then at the door for $27.75 up to $82.25 for reserved seats. Set times, signing times and more info for your day of Mayhem can be found after the jump and to get you psyched up for the show, check out this video highlighting just some of the Mayhem to expect at the show

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Silver Star Stage:
    1:50-2:20pm - In This Moment
    2:40-3:10pm -Norma Jean
    3:40-4:10pm - Winds of Plague
    4:40-5:10pm - Atreyu
    5:45-6:20pm - 3 Inches of Blood

Jagermeister Stage:
    2:20-2:40pm -
    3:10-3:40pm - Shadows Fall
    4:10-4:40pm - Chimaira
    5:10-5:45pm - Hatebreed

Rockstar Energy Drink Main Stage:
    5:30-6:05pm - Five Finger Death Punch
    6:25-7:05pm - Lamb of God
    7:25-8:05 - Avenged Sevenfold
    8:30-9:30pm - Rob Zombie
    9:55-10:55pm - Korn

Mayhem bands will be doing daily signings in the festival village. Look for signs throughout the village for info and you can also follow us on Twitter @Mayhemfest to get up to the minute signing times delivered on your phone while you're at the show
    Be sure to download our Mayhem Festival iPhone/ Android App. This will give you easy access to Mayhem Festival content and a ton of cool stuff.
    Follow us on Twitter for exclusive content before, during, and after each show as well as the up to the mminute signing time updates. You can also follow us on Facebook and Myspace.
    Want to get mobile video updates from Rockstar Mayhem all summer? We'll be sharing reports from Justin @ Mayhem locations around the USA. If your phone is listed here - http://bit.ly/thwapr-top-devices, join the video adventure by texting "MAYHEM" to 757575. Service provided by partner Thwapr; Message & data rates may apply. Data plan and video friendly phone required.
    Get mobile video updates on Rockstar Mayhem bands & fans. Check your phone http://bit.ly/thwapr-top-devices & text "MAYHEM" to 757575 to join.
    ALL TIMES SUBJECT TO CHANGE
    doh...beat me by a second slip_knot
    Hahaha wow! Literally a one second differential there lol.
    tomorrow!!!!:)
    Less than a day!
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    About 12 ½ hours away.

w00t.
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
    Leaving in about an hour.

Everyone that is going to Mansfield today... enjoy the Mayhem.
    I'll be leaving my house in about an hour as well! So pumped!
    Did anyone else goto the show have issues with their tickets? I got there at 2 and didn't get in till 3:30 because when I tried to get in with my tickets it said "Refund" on their machine.

So they made a BUNCH of people stand off to the side for an hour and half while they were on the phone with Ticketmaster. And it fucking sucks because I missed Shadows Fall. But at 3:30 our tickets magically worked.

Other then that bullshit it was a great show.
    Overall had an awesome time. Had the following complaints about it (getting negatives out of the way):
    1. Sets way too short for bands i like and too long for bands i didnt like
    2. Too many covers. In a short set, I would like to have heard more original songs
    3. Too many bands bitching about being huried. Allmain stage bands mentioned this

Summary of my day:
    Got there when the doors opened around 1:15PM. there was a huge line and a short line. I went into the short one and went right in. Got a spot in front of the Jager stage (in front of the sound tent), where i was for the first 4 bands. I took a break and was in the autograph line for Shadows Fall During Winds of Plague and Chimaira, but could see their set. Meeting SF was cool. In the Jager signing line, got a free Jager shirt, a free shot glass, download cards for free music, and SF signed a CD insert i brought and a poster. Got the free program when i first got in. After the signing, listened to a few songs by Atreyu then went to get some food and go near the the main stage to get ready for FFDP. I heard all of Atreyu's set. FFDP started early, and i watched from my seat FFDP, LOG, A7X and Rob Zombie. I missed HAtebreed and 3 inches of Blood due to overlap and did not stay for Korn. After i left the show, I was told by a traffic person to goaround a cement baricade. There wasnt enough room, so i scratched my car. There is a picture in the photos page.

Band Review:
    In This Moment - better than expected. Singer has a great voice when she is not screaming. She did a circle pit around the sound booth, which was cool. Overall,worth checking out, but not worth spending monry on their CDs
    STEMM - Looking forward to this band. Sounded as good as they did last year. their set was 20 minutes and they threw a NIN cover in it which i didnt care for. Highlight was the song House of Cards
    Norma Jean - sucked ass as expected. Singer had the crowd grab trash and throw it around. People should have thrown it at the band
    Shadows Fall - Awesome as always. Only band i was in / near the pit for. Set was short but really good. Best cover song of the night with Bark At the Moon. After their set was really pumped to meet them.
    Winds of Plague - generic death / black metal band. wasnt really paying attention
    Chimaira - sounded good. Pit was intense for them
    Atreyu - Meh. covered a bon jovi song, was probably their best song
    FFDP - Sounded great. Again too short of set. Small crowd because they started early. Really good live band. Dont care for their bad company cover. Bleeding sounded awesome live
    LOG - Sounded awesome. too short of set,but intense
    A7X - sounded weird going after LOG,kinda bored at the beginning. Got sucked in after Beast and the Harlot. Buries Alive is becoming on of my fav songs. Band sounded great after the loss they had. Mike is def a better drummer than the Rev
    Rob Zombie - I can see why people compare him to Alice Cooper, but Alice will always be superior. Impressed with Johnny 5 and Joey on drums. Did notice the Slipknot influence of using trash cans in the stage set...lol. Great set. Great stage show.
    Thanks Andy. you and your wife will have an awesome time.
    lol....in mansfield, because of the overlap, the pit for FFDP only had about 20 people in it. The started 15 minutes earlier than the schedule said they were going to play
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    But I'll gladly go and see 5FDP over Hatebreed.

Horrible, horrible choice
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    ^ this. Hatebreed rocks teh socks