Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Big Four tonight

Comments

• KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    Dave sounded like he swallowed a duck. Every time he started to sing, my friend and I started to "quack". He sounded like SHIT. But I'm definitely glad I went.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,707 spicy boy
    man, im pissed now. i called the theaters around here yesterday to make sure they were show'n the encore thursday. they said yes. i go on the website, the big four isnt scheduled for tomorrow. so i call 'em. they say no, it was only yesterday. So now, i gotta try and find a theater around where i live that is showing it tomorrow
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    Damn, good luck.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited June 2010
    I'll do a review...

Anthrax - Sounded great. Joey couldn't hit a lot of the high notes in MTM. I was kind of disappointed because it seemed like they played a lot of the songs slower, but oh well. I was also disappointed that Joey said "This is where it all began" and I was like oh shit here comes Deathrider, but it was MTM. Oh well, lol. The band was tight as always, and even if the band completely sucked Charlie B always makes them sound awesome. Very underrated drummer. I think he's better than Lombardo, but I'm not gonna start that fight lol. Heaven and Hell was amazing, at times Joey sounds eerily similar to Ronnie.

Megadeth - Stole the show. Tightest instrumentation I've ever seen in a live setting, and Hook In Mouth was worth the price of admission. I agree with previous posters, Dave's singing sounded terrible. I'm getting worried about him because it seems in recent interviews and at the show he has been acting really strange with really squinted eyes. Hopefully he isn't getting back into drugs...if he is, let's hope it stays with booze and weed.

Slayer - Worst performance of the night. To be honest, hearing them after the other two bands made them sound unprofessional and sloppy. I was also annoyed that they included Hate Worldwide, but whatever. Chemical Warfare was fun to see. I felt bad for Tom, he really didn't know what to do on stage. Oh well.

Metallica - Sounded great, but I'm really getting annoyed with their guitar sound. They need to start using higher gain amps, because their current sound is boring. If they used the old amps they would sound much more like they did back then. One thing I noticed in the set right from the beginning is that it seemed like Lars was trying to speed the band up during Creeping, and I thought this was maybe due to trying to match the other bands. Idk, but it caused quite a few timing mistakes. I was REALLY hoping that Dave was gonna come back out for Hit The Lights, but no such luck. I was blown away by Kirk's solo in Master. It may have been the best I have ever heard him perform.

In order of best performance:

1. Megadeth
    2. Anthrax
    3. Metallica
    4. Slayer
    Post edited by Brian on
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    I was bored ish during metallica. But that's cuz I was tired I think and James' voice sucked
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Metallica are gonna get blown off the stage if they can't bring out their older material.

Dave and Metallica Mechanix jam would be classic though.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    I'd say
    1. Slayer
    2. Megadeth (very close to slayer's performance)
    3. Metallica
    4. Anthrax

everyone, including myself, lol'd when the anthrax singer made a crazy squished up face at the end of the performance
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    "everyone, including myself, lol'd when the anthrax singer made a crazy squished up face at the end of the performance"

yes, that was funny
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Santana, I'm sorry, but if you really thought Slayer was the best out of the four you REALLY don't know what the fuck you are talking about.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Ah, see I totally disagree. My order of the performance is this

1. Metallica
    2. Slayer
    3. Anthrax
    4. Megadeth
  • NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer
    edited June 2010
    Santana, you clearly have your head shoved too far up Slayers ass. Not only were they worst of the Big Four, they barely made one of the top 10 performances last Friday.
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I think Slayer were the least consistent of the Big 4, but when they were on point, they were second to Megadeth as the best.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,707 spicy boy
    so i found a theater like 40 mins away that i supposed to be playing it tomorrow. so i'll go there.
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Dave sounded fine on the Am I Evil jam, and he sounded fine at the Rock In Rio performance, so I'm not worried.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    I thought Slayer was great. Megadeth was good but not the best because of sound problems and Dave Mustaine. Anthrax, I don't really like, and Metallica has James with suck vocals now
    Creeping Death
    For Whom The Bell Tolls
    Fuel
    Harvester Of Sorrow
    Fade To Black
    That Was Just Your Life
    Cyanide
    Sad But True
    Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
    All Nightmare Long
    One
    Master Of Puppets
    Blackened
    Nothing Else Matters
    Enter Sandman

Am I Evil? w/ The Big Four
    Hit The Lights
    Seek and Destroy

Whoever said they were bored with that set is insane.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    I love all those songs but I hated James' voice, got used to it at the end but still and I was tired so...
    edited June 2010
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    "Santana, I'm sorry, but if you really thought Slayer was the best out of the four you REALLY don't know what the fuck you are talking about"

Dude...Megadeth sounded like shit....
    ^ this for the most part