Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

All hell is about to break loose. (College football news)

Comments

• GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    Yeah it died pretty fast
    image Photobucket
  • TravisTravis Posts: 4,971 balls deep
    College football was eventually going to have to switch to the superconferences anyways. I guess that time is now
    *waits patiently for this*
    pitt and syracuse applied for the ACC. i think boise state and TCU should join the big 12. it would certainly breathe new life into a declining conference.
    that'd b cool
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    pitt and syracuse are now in the acc
    Come on Florida State! Knock Oklahoma down
    .....tricketts is a bitch.....with a great arm...
    Boise goes "Hey everyone says we face cheap competition, so we'll head to the conference with TCU"

TCU goes "That's cool and all, but we're getting the fuck out of here, have fun. Big East here we come!"

Then Pitt and Syracuse go "lolumad"
    image Photobucket
    And in the mean time more WAC teams are following Boise, so Boise is like "You gotta be shitting me"
    image Photobucket
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod
    The ACC might not be the only big-name conference adding schools in the near future.

The Pac-12 is working on a deal to bring Big 12 schools Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Texas Tech to the conference, according to a report by the Austin American-Statesman. The Statesman cited a source close to the situation that stressed the deal is not yet complete, but that talks were "heating up."

The proposed deal would allow Texas to keep the Longhorn Network, though the Statesman reports the Network would have to add other Pac-12 programming to the network.

The new Longhorn Network, a 24-hour showcase for Texas athletics, has caused several Big 12 members to worry it gives the Longhorns too much power and influence, especially in the areas of exposure and recruiting.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Boise goes "Hey everyone says we face cheap competition, so we'll head to the conference with TCU"

TCU goes "That's cool and all, but we're getting the fuck out of here, have fun. Big East here we come!"

Then Pitt and Syracuse go "lolumad"
    =))
    The ACC might not be the only big-name conference adding schools in the near future.

The Pac-12 is working on a deal to bring Big 12 schools Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Texas Tech to the conference, according to a report by the Austin American-Statesman. The Statesman cited a source close to the situation that stressed the deal is not yet complete, but that talks were "heating up."

The proposed deal would allow Texas to keep the Longhorn Network, though the Statesman reports the Network would have to add other Pac-12 programming to the network.

The new Longhorn Network, a 24-hour showcase for Texas athletics, has caused several Big 12 members to worry it gives the Longhorns too much power and influence, especially in the areas of exposure and recruiting.
    i guess we can start saying goodbye to the big 12 which is kinda unfortunate IMO. i still want boise state and TCU in big conferences though. everyone bitches that boise doesn't get to play in the national championship even when they go undefeated but i dont think they deserve to because the teams that go there play tougher schedules. the NCAA had a perfect opportunity a couple years ago to either prove those people right or prove them wrong when boise and TCU were both in a BCS bowl game. what they SHOULD'VE done was put boise against florida because at the time florida was a national championship caliber team but they lost in the SEC championship so you know they would be pissed about that and kick some ass in pretty much whatever BCS bowl game they were in. but instead of boise they put florida against cincinatti..............dumb fuckin' move IMO.
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
    Just saw Denard Robinson walking through the Union today! \m/
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Just saw Denard Robinson walking through the Union today! \m/
    was his shoelaces tied?
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Big 12 and Big East are in talks to merge together.
  • MarcusMMarcusM Posts: 2,059 just the tip
    edited September 2011
    Fuck that!!! I'd rather us go to the PAC. Better competition and I'd get to travel with the team to Cali and Oregon and such. \m/
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    this is all so stupid
    Fuck that!!! I'd rather us go to the PAC. Better competition and I'd get to travel with the team to Cali and Oregon and such. \m/
    This would happen in the scenario that Texas and those other schools bolt, Marcus. <_>
    Pac-12 have decided to not expand to 16 teams and will stay as a 12 team conference.

Big 12 looking to add teams not that those 4 teams will not head to the Pac-12.

Big 12 is looking to add BYU, Louisville, and West Virginia.
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    this is all so stupid

Big 12 is looking to add BYU, Louisville, and West Virginia.
    as a Sooners fan, this sounds pretty cool.....
    Stoops loves the idea actually. He's all excited and shit haha.
    Stoops loves the idea actually. He's all excited and shit haha.
    :-c