Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

*********SPOILER ALERT********* IRON MAIDEN SPOILERS THREAD *************SPOILER ALERT**********

Comments

• MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    He swooped in and stole jays girl!

Anyway glad you had an awesome time
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • LeaLea Posts: 1,549 balls deep
    He forgot me :( lol. It was a fantastic show. I had a blast. \m/
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers

Half of my face made the Iron Maiden website \m/
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    Hey man great review!
    I know what you mean about seeing Maiden up close and personal
    The exhilaration is just so intense
    First time I saw them I was by myself and in the pit - I was just in total awe

\m/
    Hey man great review!
    I know what you mean about seeing Maiden up close and personal
    The exhilaration is just so intense
    First time I saw them I was by myself and in the pit - I was just in total awe

\m/
    Thanks! And I fully agree on being in total awe. No better feeling than seeing Maiden that close
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    Maiden was amazing last night and hearing SSOASS performed live was worth the price of admission
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited June 2012
    I was reading through the thread for this show on the Iron Maiden forum and somebody posted that they ran into Rod Smallwood at a bar after the show and talked to him about the setlist.

Here are some of the things Rod said:

1. Infinite Dreams was rehearsed and originally in the setlist but for reasons he didn't say, the band decided to go with ATSS instead:confused:

2. Hallowed Be Thy Name will not be back this tour. The band just decided to drop it for once.

3. Caught Somewhere In Time will never be played again because the band thought it sounded like shit live.

I'm not sure if this means Infinite Dreams won't be brought in at some point but if it isn't a "for sure" song on this tour then the likelyhood of them playing it again is not very good. Maybe if ATSS doesn't go over too well after a few shows they'll put Infinite Dreams in it's place.
    As per metalsetlists talk.

1. Fuck you Iron Maiden.
    2. I'm actually not too mad about that.
    3. Fuck you Iron Maiden.

Aggravating...
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    I read through that as well. I thought that they said Infinite Dreams sounded awful in rehearsals as well which is the reason they left it off the setlist
    But hallowed be thy name is good no matter how many times it's played
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    BTW, Kyle, what time did your show end? Do you know rough times ish when Cooper/Maiden went on and off?
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    BTW, Kyle, what time did your show end? Do you know rough times ish when Cooper/Maiden went on and off?
    Alice Cooper went on right away at 7:30 and he played for about 50 minutes. Iron Maiden went on close to 8:50ish and the show ended around 10:50ish
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    I'm waiting

In my cold cell
    image Photobucket
  • cheech9_4offcheech9_4off Posts: 942 just the tip
    hallowed b e thy name is by far my favorite son im going to be so pissed if i dont hear it when i go!
    Prepare to be pissed
    New York event t-shirt

• RAZORRAZOR Posts: 7,664 jayfacer
    Oh my god someone from MetalSetlists is going to the Maiden show tomorrow that I'm going to and they said I can use their other FTTB pass oh my god. :D:D:D \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
    imageimage
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    Do it razor!!! Get to the rail and hang on!!!!!
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    Oh my god someone from MetalSetlists is going to the Maiden show tomorrow that I'm going to and they said I can use their other FTTB pass oh my god. :D:D:D \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
    Who is it? That's really nice of them.
  • RAZORRAZOR Posts: 7,664 jayfacer
    edited June 2012
    Who is it? That's really nice of them.
    Irritatedtrout! He sent me a message on MS and said he had an extra FTTB pass and asked if I wanted it. :D So we're gonna meet up at the venue tomorrow and all that fun stuff. :bz
    imageimage