Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

*********SPOILER ALERT********* IRON MAIDEN SPOILERS THREAD *************SPOILER ALERT**********

Comments

• TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I'm going to be broke as fuck after the week of Maiden and Mayhem fest lol.
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    Sigh
    That would be an awesome concert
    Have fun guys!!!!
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Where's our review Kyle?
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Where's our review Kyle?
    Where's our review Kyle?
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Where's our review Kyle?
    I just got home. I'm watching the England match and uploading pictures to my computer but I'll try and work on it tonight
    [-(
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    If I post a few pics, will that suffice for now?
    No. I want review lol.

I'll probably look in the morning
  • streetsstreets Posts: 3,351 just the tip
    Where's our review Kyle?
    I just got home. I'm watching the England match and uploading pictures to my computer but I'll try and work on it tonight

Post the pics
    =P~
    Fuck england
    Post the pics =P~
    Here's a few

Eddie during "Run to the Hills"

During "Seventh Son of a Seventh Son"

Is this good enough?
    Awww yeah!
    Boner!
    Kat-Ching!
    Thanks!!!!
    Kyle is a liar [-(
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    1 day till Maiden!!!!!
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    Gonna be honest, if there is one thing that annoys me about Maiden, it's how much they wear their own shirts. Not a big deal...just kind of tacky.
    image Photobucket
    edited June 2012
    Iron Maiden: 6/23/12

When this tour was announced back in February, I was beyond excited. I, along with other Maiden fans, had been patiently waiting for them to embark on their newest classics tour which was supposed to be based on the original concert video of the same name. Now the time had finally come. I was very excited to see that they had all three Texas dates again like on the The Final Frontier Tour, but I noticed that they were in the middle of August which would be close to my move-in date. I got in contact with the Corps of Cadets at A&M and Freshman Orientation Week began the same day that they got to Texas, just my luck. I was determined to see them on this show so all I had to do was convince the parents to make it a sort of graduation/birthday gift for me. I was unable to purchase the Pre-Sale tickets myself because of school, so I had my dad buy them while he was at work. He purchased one PIT ticket for me to Atlanta (Chicago was number two on the list of potential destinations). Now the waiting began.

The day before we left, on June 21st, I just casually check the Maiden Fan Club Forums not expecting to see anything because shows the next week had already gotten FTTB. I noticed that I had an unread message and I decided to click it. To my surprise, I had one FTTB for Atlanta! I literally screamed with excitement as I ran to tell my parents. This was going to be the best birthday ever. On June 22nd, my dad and I left DFW for ATL around 11:00am. Since it was my birthday, the rental car center offered a deal for only $30 to get a brand new, 2013 Mustang for the weekend… My dad declined (Mr.Practical, right?). Anyway, we left, dropped our stuff of at the hotel, and then went to tour the World of Coca-Cola. Afterward, we ate at The Vortex Bar &Grill which was on Man Vs. Food in case it sounded familiar. I kept getting complimented from the waitresses on my Mastodon t-shirt. I mean, the better respect the best band to come out of Atlanta! We ended the night pretty early because I had a long day ahead of me.

The day had finally come- Iron Maiden was tonight, but I still had some time to kill. So my dad and I checked out the original Chick-fil-A in Hapeville, Georgia. It was still early in the afternoon, so I figured that I might as well go get some snacks to fill me up so I won’t have to get anything at the show to go along with the two gallons of water I had been drinking since last night. We went to Kroger and we turned out to be the only white people in the entire store. I should have realized this when a Hood Mart was across the road. After grabbing some Cliff Bars, we went back to the hotel to rest. I left for the venue at about 4:40 and arrived around 5:00 and there were lines already formed at the gates. I got in line and chatted with a father and son who were ahead of me for a while. They were actually from Charlotte, but the dad had taken his two younger children to that show instead because he and his eldest son had pit and FTTB for this show. I also found somebody to give my extra pass to- a young Swedish guy who gave me a giant hug afterward haha! Anyway, we finally got in a bit late after pat downs from security and everything. I purchased two tour t-shirts- The Seventh Son of a Seventh Son logo and then the one where Eddie looks like General Custer. I had to restrain myself from buying three t-shirts as they were $40 a piece. After, I went to go gather with the rest of the FTTB people.

We finally got into the actual pit around 6:15. I got right behind this short man front and center so it was pretty much as if I had the barrier the whole time. I had a perfect view of the stage and I could not believe how close I was to the stage- less than five feet from where my idols would be standing. Alice Cooper went on right on time at 7:30. I had never experienced his show before but I knew I was in for a treat even if it was scaled down a bit. When he was beheaded at the guillotine, I got fake blood squirted all over my shirt and shorts. Kinda mad because I wasn’t wearing a black shirt haha! He put on quite a show. Here’s the setlist.

Overall: 8/10
    I also caught a pick from his guitarist, Orianthi. Only thing I caught… Kinda bummed I didn’t get anything from Maiden.

It was now time for my favorite band to hit the stage. Iron Maiden had not been to Atlanta since the No Prayer on the Road tour, so many of these people were seeing Eddie and The Boys for the first time. Doctor, Doctor came over the PA System and everybody in the pit knew exactly what time it was. It didn’t look like many people outside of it realized it. I was goose bumps all over my body. The lights went out and the intro to Moonchild kicked up and everybody started singing along. Some explosions went off and the band ran out onto the stage. The crowd went wild. Everyone in the band sounded excellent, and Bruce and Steve never stopped running around on stage. I swear, they have not lost any energy despite their current age. I couldn’t get a good picture of Bruce at the beginning because, like I said, the man never stops moving. When they played The Prisoner, I thought I was going to explode. Seriously, it’s one of my favorites and they haven’t played it since ’91 either. I was singing (very badly) along with Bruce the entire time. Wow. The band played through quite a few deep cut tracks like The Prisoner, Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, and probably my second favorite song of the night- Afraid to Shoot Strangers. I was in shock once I heard the guitars for that song begin. I could not believe that something other than the title track was being played from that album. I felt like such a fanboy, but who cares. I was having the time of my life. Adrian, Dave, and Janick were flawless. Everything about the show, the stage, everyone in the band, the three Eddie’s, the songs, the pyro, everything was perfect. I don’t know of a better way to put it. My idols were literally less than five feet away from me. I was in absolute awe. I honestly cannot put my thoughts into words right now. Seeing Iron Maiden up front is just something that you have to experience. Seeing them up front for the Maiden England tour was life changing. Now that I’ve experienced them from that close, there is no other way for me to see them because it won’t be the same. After Running Free, the lights stayed out for quite some time which was just a tease. I had hoped that they were going to come out at least one more time. And then, Monty Python’s Always Look on the Bright Side of Life came on. It was all over. Those two hours were the greatest in my entire life and a big thanks to the band and crew for making it all happen. Time to start saving up for the Florida shows next year!

Overall: 11/10

Setlist: Moonchild, Can I Play With Madness, The Prisoner, 2 Minutes To Midnight, Afraid to Shoot Strangers, The Trooper, The Number of the Beast, Phantom of the Opera, Run to the Hills, Wasted Years, Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, The Clairvoyant, Fear of the Dark, Iron Maiden, Aces High, The Evil That Men Do, Running Free

Luckily, I only had four repeats of songs from The Final Frontier Tour in 2010.

Merchandise purchased- Two tour t-shirts, a tour poster, and a lanyard.
    I totally forgot to talk about meeting Lea after the show and getting a picture... May bad
    Talk about it now. And

Tldr
    X(

Well, here's a picture of us after the concert