Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

*********SPOILER ALERT********* IRON MAIDEN SPOILERS THREAD *************SPOILER ALERT**********

Comments

• drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited June 2010
    ""No Run To The Hills, No Aces High." "

I honestly think Run to the Hills should be put on the backburner for a while and make Aces High a staple in its place.

Also, could you delete your review in the other thread, because there are some who don't want to know the setlist.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    I wasn't too thrilled with the setlist at first but it's kinda grown on me. I like the songs and all but was hoping for more older stuff. It's kinda cool to see a band actually bring out songs that aren't normally played though. Unlike Slayer, Cannibal Corpse, etc. Those 2 bands are great but it would be cool if they had a tour with mostly songs they never or barely ever play.

I guess that's what keeps Maiden interesting, you have a different experience at every show and don't know what the setlist will be for every tour. At least that's how I see it
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I honestly just wish they would say this shit BEFORE tickets went on sale. As good as the songs are, I would've just waited until next time. But I'm not going to be a fag and sell my tix.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    "I honestly just wish they would say this shit BEFORE tickets went on sale. As good as the songs are, I would've just waited until next time. But I'm not going to be a fag and sell my tix."

Wut...
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    I think he's saying he would rather see more old songs. I like the new ones a lot so I'm alright with the set
    I don't understand how someone can like the old songs and not like the new ones.
  • Ezkaton2000Ezkaton2000 Posts: 440 salt miner
    The set was amazing it flowed perfectly. I was talking to people who didn't know all of the tunes and they had a great time. If you know the songs though the set is great.
    edited June 2010
    "I don't understand how someone can like the old songs and not like the new ones."

I just said that I really like the new songs, but I am just a casual Maiden fan so if I knew it was going to be reunion material I wouldn't go to the show, I'd just wait for next time. But I already bought my tix, so I'm just gonna go. I'm not gonna be like the people on metalsetlists who feel the need to sell their tickets.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    So let me get this straight.

You are a fan of Maiden, and they are playing a set full of songs you like but you still don't necessarily want to go...

I'm a bit confused.

"the people on metalsetlists who feel the need to sell their tickets."

I would have bought Tony's ticket if he asked me, I had a friend who wanted to go also...
    I said I am only a casual fan. I just wanted to see them in case I never get another chance. There's really nothing to be confused about. I'm fine with the set, but if I knew about it in advance I probably wouldn't have bought tickets because it's going to be my first (and probably only) time seeing Maiden.
    "probably only) time seeing Maiden"

It won't.
  • cannibiscorpsecannibiscorpse Posts: 5,577 salt miner
    LISTENING to 2 Minutes to Midnight. first time in like a month.
    What shirts did you guys buy?
  • Ezkaton2000Ezkaton2000 Posts: 440 salt miner
    edited June 2010
    I got the one with just the face of the predator looking Eddie on the front with the dates on the back. My brother and girlfriend got the one with Eddie and the Alien on the front and the dates on the back and my buddy Dan got the Benjamin Breeg one. Oh and my other brother got the one with the Final Frontier art work on the front.
    I'm getting the moon one and the Wicker man.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    I was one of the people complaining about the setlist...before I saw the show. I honestly wouldnt change a thing about it now. Because chances are, on their next tour they are gonna play all the greatest hits shit.
    edited June 2010
    A guy on metalsetlists brought up that it's almost the 30th anniversary of Number of the Beast...

I wouldn't hate that in its entirety.

I'd prefer Somewhere in Time, but I would still have a ball
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    I didnt even think of that.

Id enjoy that
  • katiakatia Posts: 4,358 just the tip

So i just got home idk how to write a review. I missed DT, it only saddened me for a moment cuz Maiden was fucking awesome. I feel like my life is complete now, lol. It was a very relaxing show for me, to be honest the one i've enjoyed the most and it was a very good setlist imo
    Awesome!

I'm pumped, day after tomorrow