Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

*********SPOILER ALERT********* IRON MAIDEN SPOILERS THREAD *************SPOILER ALERT**********

Comments

• SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    I believe that's one of the best songs off TNOTB
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I don't understand what everyone likes about it.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    It's just like some people saying they don't understand what is so great about maiden. I just don't understand how people could think RTTH or maiden are bad
    "Whoa, we have a song demonstrating Dickinson's vocal range, that must make it good."

That's all I see the argument for RTTH being a great song.

It's not like we have much better songs that do that like Aces High, CSiT, Hallowed be Thy Name, etc
    We'll bring this into the other Maiden thread, this is off-topic...
  • NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer
    edited June 2010
    The Wicker Man
    Ghost Of The Navigator
    Wrathchild
    El Dorado
    Paschendale
    The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg
    These Colours Don't Run
    Blood Brothers
    Wildest Dreams
    No More Lies
    Brave New World
    Fear Of The Dark
    Iron Maiden
    Number Of The Beast
    Hallowed Be Thy Name
    Running Free

Im not gonna even try to explain how amazing tonight was, because im not sure there's any right way to word it. Gotta admit, I wasn't the biggest Dream Theater fan before tonight. But goddamn they're so fucking talented. They put on a great show. The show was a complete sell-out. Crowd was great for the most part.

I know I said I was gonna take pictures. I have a few but I just kept my camera in my pocket for the majority of the show. I couldn't justify watching the show through an 3.5 lcd monitor. FTTB was awesome. I lost Marc before DT even got on stage. He went buy something and that was it.

Santana, sweatshirts were $50. I'll get you a picture soon.

Also, there is absolutely no camera policy whatsoever. Hell, bring an hd camcorder if you want.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    So they switched back Paschendale but kept Wraithchild? Huh...

I wasn't looking forward to hearing Wraithchild either. But, once the song kicked in I didn't even care.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    That wasnt so much a disappointing "huh" cuz no matter what they play itll be awesome. Just trying to figure out what they are doing with the setlist.

You get any sweet merch down?
    yeah I got a few shirts. But I was just gonna mention. If anybody wears an XL, make sure you get your merch as soon as possible. Shirts went hella quick, specifically XL
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    "Im not gonna even try to explain how amazing tonight was, because im not sure there's any right way to word it. Gotta admit, I wasn't the biggest Dream Theater fan before tonight. But goddamn they're so fucking talented. They put on a great show. The show was a complete sell-out. Crowd was great for the most part. "

Pretty much what he said. Wasn't to big on DT, but seeing them live changed that. Everyone brought their A game tonight. All of DT and Maiden were amazing. The crowd was into it for the most part. Some songs here and there people weren't into. Paschendale came on and at least 10 dudes screamed like at a Jonas Bros concert. Lots of people were singing that song and it was great. Bruce's rant on the game tonight was funny. "Passing out yellow cards and red cards...but what they really wanted was a GREEN CARD!!!!".

All shirts were $35 and the XXL-3XL were $40. They had a lot of bad ass Maiden shirts and a kick ass soccer jersey. Bring lots of money cause you wont want to leave with just one. They had 2 Maiden flags for $20. They were pretty kick ass. The hoodie was kinda blah. I don't suggest you wasting money on it Santana. They made a special edition Texas Maiden tour shirt. They might be doing this with states that have 3 or more dates idk yet.

I pray to God we get Paschendale.
  • SGNL_05SGNL_05 Posts: 3,501 just the tip
    im not a huge reunion fan...i prefer older maiden
    Something musically oblivious teen would say.

Sure, it's better, but that doesn't mean the reunion shit isn't still fucking awesome.
  • katiakatia Posts: 4,358 just the tip
  • SGNL_05SGNL_05 Posts: 3,501 just the tip
    "Sure, it's better, but that doesn't mean the reunion shit isn't still fucking awesome."

never said the reunion shit sucked..i like it. i just prefer the old stuff.
    You said you aren't a huge fan.
    The only reason I think they put Wrathchild in the set was to fire up the crowd. I am sure they weren't getting the response they wanted with the original set. Lets be honest here peeps. We know Maiden is amazing and even reunion stuff is amazing. That's not really what the majority of people want though. Majority want the hits and the songs that made Maiden, Maiden. Reunion stuff is great, but people want the older stuff.

El Dorado was a pretty bad ass song live. You are going to love it Wine.
    Wrathchild isn't one of the songs that made Maiden, Maiden. They should be playing something like Aces High, 2 Minutes, Murders, etc.

Wrathchild is a lame song.
    So lame that it gets great responses every night.