Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Upcoming shows thread

Comments

• mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Also you completely ignored my point while proving the headliners portion of what I said congratulations. 

Brrf has a ton of bands the others don’t that aren’t headliners that’s the difference.

You bitch about everything though even a good MMF lineup that’s too far from you at less than two hours away 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,660 master of ceremonies
    I’d take BMTH over LOG these days anyways lol 
    Bmth has the bigger show and much bigger fan base them headlining makes sense 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,655 spicy boy
    When the fuck did bmth get so big 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,693 spicy boy
    mrAPE said:
    Every single one of these fests have the same bands, and they've been the same for like 5 years now
    That’s interesting, so what US festival has that mix of bands especially that many heavy bands. 

You could say Maryland deathfest but then they don’t have the big name headliners. And is much smaller 

brrf has electric Callboy and till that are only playing that festival no other US festivals and I think there are more but off the top of my head I can’t remember. Ooo a job for a cowboy reunion. 

Also give it up to the fests this year as a whole they are bringing more unique bands out like bringing on the babyklok tour. 

Outside of headliners brrf especially is killing it. And I’m a hater when it comes to that fest but even I can’t turn my back on it this year 
    You literally just posted these on Facebook. Is EVERY band the exact same? No. But how many fests are Slipknot, Godsmack, Limp Bizkit, Lamb Of God, Papa Roach, Tool, Avenged Sevenfold, Foo Fighters, Five Finger Death Punch, Pantera, Falling In Reverse, Staind, Ice Nine Kills, Korn, Incubus, Shine Down, etc, etc 

Its the same bands all the fucking time. 
    It’s almost as if, and hear me out here, jus purely speculating, but it’s almost as if promoters are only able to take what’s available each year, and all try to go for artists/bands who are actively touring that year, promoting a new album, or both. Jus a guess tho idk. 🤔🤷🏻‍♂️

Like cmon bruh lmao this shit happens from top to bottom across all genres and across all levels, from the biggest ones like Coachella and Lolla, down to more underground shit. All the heavy hitters like Coachella, Lolla, Bonnaroo, etc. usually share like 75% of their lineups each year because they target the same kind of audience and have the same pickings each year. It’s not that they’re copying eachother, it’s that it’s what’s available. For instance, I’m still going, but this year’s Lolla is prolly the weakest it’s ever been out of all the years I’ve went to it, but then you look at Coachella and you could say the same exact thing, save for a few select artists they got that we didn’t that were definitely superior options. This is all booking 101 type shit lmao.

But even that being said, yes a lot of those you posted have the same bands, and I was actually thinking about Sonic Temple before I saw Blue Ridge, but Blue Ridge is STILL more stacked and varied than all of those, plus it’s 4 days and not 3.
    Dude. Its the same bands every fucking year. I guarantee next year it'll be the same bands. And the year after that. Its been the same fucking shit for years. Again not EVERY band is the exact same. But its been the same sort of bands, with same handful of 15 or so headliners rotating ad neseum. 

Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    And most of these bands are playing their own tours every fucking year anyways. I've seen Lamb Of God almost every year for the last several years, do I really give a fuck they're on a festival too? No
    Admitedly, I also just dont give a shit about most of these bands. The list of bands I listen to on the daily has become pretty small. I dont like most new bands. Ive always hated trendy metal, and most "pop" rock bands, so these lineups just arent for me. But even shit like MDF doesnt overly interest me anymore. 
    FLAT said:
    When the fuck did bmth get so big 
    They are one of the few bands who made a sound change that translated well. 

Some years ago they played wembley I believe and I feel like that was the start of them getting bigger. They hosted their own two day fest in Italy last year that sold out both days. 

I honestly look for them to start taking headline slots on the bigger fests like louder than life and sonic temple 
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,778 jayfacer
    Gahhhht damn I almost want to travel for this. It’s in Virginia. It don’t really get no more stacked than this. Basically a who’s who of (nearly) every Metal and Rock subgenre. And clearly Chicago ain’t getting any type of Metal lineups anything like this any time soon smh. I’ve noticed jus looking thru recent and current/upcoming tour dates that for some reason, Illinois is either completely emitted from the dates, or they’ve been in Joliet instead of Chicago. Complete 180 from when I was going to Metal shows back then. Metal ticket sales must have been poor here or something. 

Side note: That “club experience” part is fucking hilarious lmao. I applaud the effort for even further diversity in the line up, but Soulja Boy and 2 Chainz among all these names is fucking wild lmfao.

Rex and MC wild for bitching about this one. Has something for everyone. Me personally, Death Punch, Staind, Kingdom Collapse, Struggle Jennings, “Pantera,” LOG, Highly Suspect, Megadeth, Taproot, Drowning Pool, Motherfucking Limp Bizkit, Chevelle, Biohazard, Exodus, Testament, Overkill, BLS, Death Angel, Dethklok, Suicidal Tendencies, Ville Valo, Atreyu, Tech n9ne, Spiritbox, even ICP, Nonpoint, Scott Stap and 10 years on the club after show thing. I’m seeing 6-8 bands per day that I really like. I’m seeing almost everybody I listed on tour this year anyway but imo that’s not a detriment, idk what the fuck you’re talking about MC. I like em enough to pay to see em all separate I’d definitely pay to see em all under one roof across a few days. Sounds like a great time. Might try to swing that 
    There's like 9 bands total on that I would care to see on that lineup. And aside from Dethklok they all tour regularly. Idk. Fests just dont really impress me anymore. Even Milwuakee Metal Fest, which mosts impresses me, only has like 11 bands I REALLY care about. I actually havent been to a fest in a long time. Went to Warped Tour back in 2017, and before that was only ever Mayhem Fest. 

Either way, they're all too far for me regardless. I've never been to a destination fest. Probably never will. 
    Yeah mc has never camped at a festival and it shows. 
    So instead of “this festival is not for me” it became “these festivals are all the same” makes sense. 
    mrAPE said:
    So instead of “this festival is not for me” it became “these festivals are all the same” makes sense. 
    Because they are :| 
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,778 jayfacer
    FLAT said:
    Yeah mc has never camped at a festival and it shows. 
     Camping at a destination fest >
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,582 spicy boy
    i rescinded my comment mostly. 

theres enough on that fest to peep and then the two days of crappy headliners are good days to pack it up early. 

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,582 spicy boy
    Festivals are more about the experience than the bands IMO. 

thats why i thought sonic temple sucked. That venue is ass. One of the messiest festivals i have ever been too lol. 

They need to bring back something at that place in wisconsin. Being able to go back to your site any time was great. we honestly should have utilized that more 
    mrAPE said:
    Because they are :| 
    You’re right 

bleed from within 
    bury tomorrow 
    paleface
    bodysnatcher 
    angelmaker 
    slaughter to prevail
    lorna shore
    job for a cowboy 
    till lindemann 
    electric Callboy 
    i set my friends on fire 
    drain
    make them suffer
    alpha wolf 
    chelsea grin 
    I see stars 

Are all on every festival every year… it’s odd though because some of these that are there every year and all the same according to you are either reunion shows or first time in us 

Festivals are more about the experience than the bands IMO. 

thats why i thought sonic temple sucked. That venue is ass. One of the messiest festivals i have ever been too lol. 

They need to bring back something at that place in wisconsin. Being able to go back to your site any time was great. we honestly should have utilized that more 
    Revival > 

my tent was in the venue 20 seconds from the stage lol
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,525 moneytalker

“At that place in Wisconsin” = Summerset. Put some respect on the name. 

That free breakfast was so fucking legit. Never seen that anywhere else either. 
    Pass the god damn butter.