Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Upcoming shows thread

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,695 spicy boy
    Every single one of these fests have the same bands, and they've been the same for like 5 years now
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,720 mod
    You're not going to that festival for the headliners. Same with Milwaukee Metal Fest. The undercards are so good that it really doesn't matter.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,525 moneytalker
    Blue Ridge has the only US appearance of Till this year. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Are people really interested in seeing a solo Till Lindemann show?
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    That being said I'd be down for that fest if I weren't making half the money I did working on the road
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,656 spicy boy
    You're not going to that festival for the headliners. Same with Milwaukee Metal Fest. The undercards are so good that it really doesn't matter.
    Palaces in full doe 
    I can’t believe kingdom of sorrow isn’t playing. Kill yourself. 
    Jamey and Kirk are playing the pre-party on Thursday. I imagine they will play some KoS.
    Devin is pissed they added that after he already bought his three day pass lmao
    It's free if you have a MMF pass. You don't need an extra ticket for it.
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,525 moneytalker
    Xeno said:
    Are people really interested in seeing a solo Till Lindemann show?

Not sure how many but it’s something different and unique to that festival. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Erik if you go to brrf camp I can message you and explain everything but don’t fuck with parking. 

I’ll be there camping and vip (won the vip) have a group of friends going gonna have a nice camp site going. 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    5/17 - Molchat Doma/Nuovo Testamento
    5/19 - Spike Hellis/Club Music
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Every single one of these fests have the same bands, and they've been the same for like 5 years now
    That’s interesting, so what US festival has that mix of bands especially that many heavy bands. 

You could say Maryland deathfest but then they don’t have the big name headliners. And is much smaller 

brrf has electric Callboy and till that are only playing that festival no other US festivals and I think there are more but off the top of my head I can’t remember. Ooo a job for a cowboy reunion. 

Also give it up to the fests this year as a whole they are bringing more unique bands out like bringing on the babyklok tour. 

Outside of headliners brrf especially is killing it. And I’m a hater when it comes to that fest but even I can’t turn my back on it this year 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,695 spicy boy
    mrAPE said:
    That’s interesting, so what US festival has that mix of bands especially that many heavy bands. 

You could say Maryland deathfest but then they don’t have the big name headliners. And is much smaller 

brrf has electric Callboy and till that are only playing that festival no other US festivals and I think there are more but off the top of my head I can’t remember. Ooo a job for a cowboy reunion. 

Also give it up to the fests this year as a whole they are bringing more unique bands out like bringing on the babyklok tour. 

Outside of headliners brrf especially is killing it. And I’m a hater when it comes to that fest but even I can’t turn my back on it this year 
    You literally just posted these on Facebook. Is EVERY band the exact same? No. But how many fests are Slipknot, Godsmack, Limp Bizkit, Lamb Of God, Papa Roach, Tool, Avenged Sevenfold, Foo Fighters, Five Finger Death Punch, Pantera, Falling In Reverse, Staind, Ice Nine Kills, Korn, Incubus, Shine Down, etc, etc 

Its the same bands all the fucking time. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Nah that ain’t bmth over log 
    Ok I just looked at the lineup. Wtf is log doing lol
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,698 jayfacer
    mrAPE said:

You literally just posted these on Facebook. Is EVERY band the exact same? No. But how many fests are Slipknot, Godsmack, Limp Bizkit, Lamb Of God, Papa Roach, Tool, Avenged Sevenfold, Foo Fighters, Five Finger Death Punch, Pantera, Falling In Reverse, Staind, Ice Nine Kills, Korn, Incubus, Shine Down, etc, etc 

Its the same bands all the fucking time. 
    It’s almost as if, and hear me out here, jus purely speculating, but it’s almost as if promoters are only able to take what’s available each year, and all try to go for artists/bands who are actively touring that year, promoting a new album, or both. Jus a guess tho idk. 🤔🤷🏻‍♂️

Like cmon bruh lmao this shit happens from top to bottom across all genres and across all levels, from the biggest ones like Coachella and Lolla, down to more underground shit. All the heavy hitters like Coachella, Lolla, Bonnaroo, etc. usually share like 75% of their lineups each year because they target the same kind of audience and have the same pickings each year. It’s not that they’re copying eachother, it’s that it’s what’s available. For instance, I’m still going, but this year’s Lolla is prolly the weakest it’s ever been out of all the years I’ve went to it, but then you look at Coachella and you could say the same exact thing, save for a few select artists they got that we didn’t that were definitely superior options. This is all booking 101 type shit lmao.

But even that being said, yes a lot of those you posted have the same bands, and I was actually thinking about Sonic Temple before I saw Blue Ridge, but Blue Ridge is STILL more stacked and varied than all of those, plus it’s 4 days and not 3.
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,698 jayfacer
    FLAT said:
    Nah that ain’t bmth over log 
    BMTH is infinitely more successful in the mainstream than LOG ever was or will be. There’s not a single scenario where that placement would be reversed. Maybe 10+ years ago when BMTH was still coming up and still Deathcore.
    FLAT said:
    Ok I just looked at the lineup. Wtf is log doing lol