Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Upcoming shows thread

Comments

• SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    I might go if they have someone like Mastodon or Gojira as support. My son wants to see them 
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    At the Battlecross tour. Allegaen just covered a Rush song lol
    inb4lists
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    SATAN said:
    I might go if they have someone like Mastodon or Gojira as support. My son wants to see them 
     You couldn't tough it out for your son? (Unless it's a financial thing because that's totally understandable). It's not like they are in the States often touring wise. The Death Magnetic Tour was 08/09 then they did a bunch of crappy one offs. At the rate they're going, they might not be back for another 5+ years if at all. 
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,661 spicy boy
    Fuck you faggot 
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod
    Gojira could be an opener depending on when Metallica's tour starts. Also looking at these festival lineups I'm guessing that Mastodon and Eagles of Death Metal are doing something together. They're both on all the same lineups.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    Gojira could be an opener depending on when Metallica's tour starts. Also looking at these festival lineups I'm guessing that Mastodon and Eagles of Death Metal are doing something together. They're both on all the same lineups.
    It's kinda weird they both dropped ROTR, though. It might be cause if their potential co-headliner might hit that city. idk
    inb4lists
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    Dime said:
    SATAN said:
     You couldn't tough it out for your son? (Unless it's a financial thing because that's totally understandable). It's not like they are in the States often touring wise. The Death Magnetic Tour was 08/09 then they did a bunch of crappy one offs. At the rate they're going, they might not be back for another 5+ years if at all. 
    He's only 7. I took him to Mayhem for Slayer last year. He's really into old Metallica. If I knew the tickets would be in the $30-45 range, it would be a no-brainer. I'm guessing Metallica won't have anything under $60 though. Roman likes Mastodon and Gojira out of a mix of possible support bands. That might make it worthwhile
    Oh okay I thought you were specifically referring to Metallica. Didn't know he liked Gojira and Mastodon too Thats pretty dope. I'm gonna guess Machine Head though for Metallica opener. 
    They said they want to do out door venues this tour which I'm hoping is the case. They would be playing Tinley Park here and I could cop lawn for $25-30. I hope they dont bump it up for Metallica. But every show I've ever seen there and it's been at least 20, has been cheap lawn tix so fingers crossed. I dont want to shell out an outrageous amount of cash for them when I know I'm guarenteed at least 4 duds from the new album + Memory Remains, Fuel and Nothing Else Matters. 
    Parenting done right haha although I been checking their sets and it's like 50/50 on older and newer stuff. Wish they would just forget Load and ReLoad. I know there's no chance of them forgetting the black album but I wish it would stop there. Except for King Nothing. I'll take that one lol but I could live without Fuel, The Memory Remains, Nothing Else Matters and a couple of ten-twenty minute cuts from Death Magnetic and Hardwired. 
    edited December 2016
    Flying back to FL for the holidays on saturday, so i guess I'll o hit this up. 

inb4lists
    edited December 2016
    Dime said:
    Parenting done right haha although I been checking their sets and it's like 50/50 on older and newer stuff. Wish they would just forget Load and ReLoad. I know there's no chance of them forgetting the black album but I wish it would stop there. Except for King Nothing. I'll take that one lol but I could live without Fuel, The Memory Remains, Nothing Else Matters and a couple of ten-twenty minute cuts from Death Magnetic and Hardwired. 
    They don't even play Fuel or The Memory Remains at every show. A lot of times you'll get one song from those two albums, if that. They didn't play anything off them when I saw them in 2009.
    Fuel is on like 98% of their sets. 
    I've seen them three times and they haven't played it. They just did a handful of South American shows and played it once. It's not as prevalent as you think it is.
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    Justice still sucks.
    Pass the god damn butter.
    I've seen them three times and they haven't played it. They just did a handful of South American shows and played it once. It's not as prevalent as you think it is.
     weird. alot of sets I've seen usually have it in them. It's not necessarily that I hate that song, it's just there are alot of better ones to choose from. I'm excited to see them in general tbh because I haven't yet so I'm really just bitching for nothing lol Ima go see them regardless. 
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Yeah you're way off dime lol. 

This is from setlistfm and the number one played song master of puppets was 1518

You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!