Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Upcoming shows thread

Comments

• DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Yo @Dime, what shows you got coming up?
     9/4-Sabbath
    9/21-Anthrax 
    9/28-Korn
    10/5-Megadeth
    10/21-Sum 41
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,663 spicy boy
    LOOT said:
    Gonna go see billy bob thortons band tonight. 

Actually killed it
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    Dime said:
    Yo @Dime, what shows you got coming up?
     9/4-Sabbath
    9/21-Anthrax 
    9/28-Korn
    10/5-Megadeth
    10/21-Sum 41
    Aight. There's a chance I'll be going to the Sabbath and/or Megadeth too. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Bad ass. We should def meet up hey @dranyam you still going to Sabbath in IL?
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,663 spicy boy
    What a dumb question. 
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    Nah I was thinking about it but no one I know  wants to go to Chicago and the set is lacking. 

For the record I never said I was going gun. I said there was a chance. Which usually means I'm not going anyways. 
    I think in my heart I always knew the answer to that question. Thought I'd check anyway
    Just not worth it to me to go 2+ hours by myself. I know id be unhappy with ozzie lol. 
    I will give you the set is b.s. they've cut three songs since I last saw them. 14 songs just doesn't feel like a good number for a final set but w/e. Not missing the last show ever lol 
    Damn 14 songs? That's kind of a rip off. But hey I'm getting my ass raped for a 12 song tool set so I can't say much. Like I said if it was in town I'd be down. Chicago is just an expensive trip right now when I'm planning another vacation. 
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    I don't think the number of songs is as important as the quality. I do remember when they announced the tour though that they were claiming to play a bunch of deep cuts. Is that the case? I have limited interest, so I haven't really paid attention
  • Number1RamsFanNumber1RamsFan Posts: 9,355 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Traveling for shows isn't worth it anymore. I always end up spending more money on gas and food than I do on a ticket to the show. Spending the majority of my day in a car for an hour or two of good music just isn't worth it to me. It really hits you after the show ends. You're like "Fuck. Can't wait for this 4 hour drive home in the middle of the fucking night." 
    SATAN said:
    I don't think the number of songs is as important as the quality. I do remember when they announced the tour though that they were claiming to play a bunch of deep cuts. Is that the case? I have limited interest, so I haven't really paid attention
     Well that's kind of why I'm bummed. When it was first announced Iommi said they would be playing a big set and at least a couple songs off of every single Ozzy Sabbath release. I guess that was before rehearsal started and they realized Ozzy couldn't handle it. Still amazing live I just wish it was more. 
    Maybe they should just use an Ozzy hologram lol
    edited August 2016
    August 28-September 5 - The Dreadcrew of Oddwood
    September 4 - Black Sabbath (maybe)
    September 23 - Devin Townsend
    October 2 - Carpenter Brut
    October 5 - Megadeth (maybe)
    October 8 - Gorguts (maybe)
    October 11 - Alestorm
    November 5 - Vektor
    November 8 - Arkona (maybe)
    November 11 - Battlecross (maybe)

Trying to keep it to requesting off for only two shows a month. So the maybes are because I dont know if I will have off or not, or I just havent bought my tix yet. 
    I'd see Gorguts over Megadeth and maybe even Sabbath. I see the appeal in seeing the last tour, but I last saw Sabbath in '04 and even back then it looked like a stiff wind would knock Iommi down 
    SATAN said:
    I'd see Gorguts over Megadeth and maybe even Sabbath. I see the appeal in seeing the last tour, but I last saw Sabbath in '04 and even back then it looked like a stiff wind would knock Iommi down 
    I've just never seen Sabbath with Ozzy. When I saw them they were with Dio. 

I'd pick Gorguts over Megadeth too. I just don't know if I'll have off, and I already requested off on October 2 for Carpenter Brut, and October 11 for Alestorm, and don't want to wear out my welcome of requesting off. I figured my boss can't be mad about 2 days a month. 
    Gorguts are one of my favorite bands going. They were awesome on that BDM/Carcass tour. Their current incarnation has some of the finest musicians playing metal right now
    They're my favorite current death metal band for sure. 
    I saw them a few years ago when Colin Marston first joined the band. They opened for the Death To All tour in Chicago, along with Morta Skuld. That was a fun show.